Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikingtim is offline Waterboy

this defense needs at least one more year....

oh!!! our defense needs more time. maybe two defensive guys in free agency, and draft for defense,,,I say keep Cottrell just so we have the same defensive scheme and Corridinator for two years!! tough game boys,,,without Randy,, this will build hope for the team in the future, but for the next three weeks we need to build wins!!! go vikings :salute: :salute:

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Defense is abysmal. Period.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

"Foreman44" wrote:
    Defense is abysmal. Period.
    except for a few shining stars like keven Williams and Winfield (and EJ and Russel this week in particular, i really agree.

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

I only have a few words to say about our defense in the first 3 quarters: F*&@!, S^#$!, Crap, Balls, Suck, vomit, dammit! :angryfire:
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

And I do agree they need one more year.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: this defense needs at least one more year....

"vikingtim" wrote:
    oh!!! our defense needs more time. maybe two defensive guys in free agency, and draft for defense,,,I say keep Cottrell just so we have the same defensive scheme and Corridinator for two years!! tough game boys,,,without Randy,, this will build hope for the team in the future, but for the next three weeks we need to build wins!!! go vikings :salute: :salute:
    you have a point here. I was watching the early game today, the Colts, and the numbers the offense are putting up. Same core guys, T. Moore OC, for 7 years. It all comes together for them. Much like the 49ers of the 80's and early 90's.

The Vikes however, change OC and DC almost every year. It's hard to have continuance with new schemes each year to learn.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

vking is offline Training Camp

Forget the schemes, we don't have quality players on d.

When is the last time you even saw someone jump a route? Or a linebacker shoot a gap on an outside run? Not to often is it. Face facts we don't have a d that reacts well. We're like flat footed till its to late and the other guy is by us.

And one more thing , put B. Williams at safety so he can dish out a hit. Chavous is always late and never lays the lumber. A good d takes the game to the other team. Put somebody at safety that can hit and I know you'll see a different defensive tone. It's pretty sad when the only memorable hits have come from a cornerback.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

WE need more than just a year. We need at least 3 new DB's. Not going to happen with cheap ass Red at the helm however.

WWBGD

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

We need some help at LB, Claborne looked aight today, I want to see how the rest of the year goes for him because I know that fool can be a beast. EJ is somebody i want to stick with, he shows flashes of being a beast. I thought he played a really good second half. We need somebody on the strong side. We just flat out need a safety who is top notch, speed size all that stuff, of course they are hard to find. Why didnt we persue Harrison who is making a huge difference with the patriots. I remeber hoping we would sign him. There's some thing that we need, but for the rest of the year we are going to have to do with what we have. Claborne is back, Ej is doin decent, i guess the strong side is open. I would like to see raonall play there but he plays weakside.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vking" wrote:
    Forget the schemes, we don't have quality players on d.

When is the last time you even saw someone jump a route? Or a linebacker shoot a gap on an outside run? Not to often is it. Face facts we don't have a d that reacts well. We're like flat footed till its to late and the other guy is by us.

And one more thing , put B. Williams at safety so he can dish out a hit. Chavous is always late and never lays the lumber. A good d takes the game to the other team. Put somebody at safety that can hit and I know you'll see a different defensive tone. It's pretty sad when the only memorable hits have come from a cornerback.
    Welcome to the board, vking! That being said, we have plenty of talent on D, it is the experience that is lacking (many rookie and second-year players have had to step in because of injuries and to replace the no-talent players that we had before)...next year, we should get more players, but only to fill the holes and complement the talent that we do have (which will be more matured and experienced next year). The defense WILL come together next year and coupled with the offense will bring a Super Bowl title to Minnesota next year.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast