Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Defense Claims Its First Victim...

NFL Live on ESPN just reported that Chief's backup QB Todd Collins was taken out of the game because his hand was broken by the Viking's defense. I always hate to hear that someone got hurt but plenty of props to the D for playing hard.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

Prophet Guest

Re: The Defense Claims Its First Victim...

Ouch, broken hand and your name is painful too.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

our D is Ferocious.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

How did we hurt him? Did we even knock any of their QBs down in that game??

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    How did we hurt him? Did we even knock any of their QBs down in that game??
    he looked at him to scary.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

C'mon, they aren't that scary lookin' of a d line!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

i didn't see what happened to him, i did see tony gonzalas come out of the game and work with the trainers on the bench but i dont think anything is series with him bc we would have heard about it, but that too bad about collins, i hate hearing about injuries in the preseason

Honestly, I have no idea how they hurt him. I haven't seen the game, I'm just telling you what I heard on NFL Live.

As far as the name is concerned, I used to play a lot FPS's and I'm an insulin dependent diabetic so I figured if you can't make fun of yourself then who can you make fun of!

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Woo-Hoo!!! I actually saw the game on my new Direct TV installed Friday just in time for Sundays showing of this game. I am so excited about the new NFL Ticket I cant even imagine it. Not having to leave home every Sunday just to watch the game.

There have probably been some further disection of our play in the game (I havent been online much and havent read through all the threads), but for the sake of this question here goes.

Anyway for anyone who didnt see the game, I dont think we had any actual sacks all game. But I gotta tell you when they put Erasmus in the second half he was harassing the QB on darn near every play. Now granted who knows how good of talent he was going against at that point of the first preseson game, but if the guys he was going against were any good. We are going to be very happy with his results this year I think. His moves seemed pretty limited, but he was blowing by the guy on the outside with speed almost all the time.

We (more specifically Erasmus for the most part) got a few good hits in on the QB, I will have to try to go back tonight on TIVO and see if I can find the hit in question.

Also Udeze looked pretty good showing some great quickness, in getting a little pressure on the QB. But more specifically on blowing past his man on the goal line stand we did on the Cheifs. Udeze blew by his man and hit the running back about 1.5 yds behind the line of scrimmage stuffing him right there for a loss.

Overall impressions of the D were OK, but we still missed a lot of tackles at the point of contact, and our D-backs (albeit minus Smoot) were still giving up some pretty open passes underneath our coverage cushion. Overall tackling and hitting from the D-backs seemed to be stepped up a bit from recent levels.

I loved seeing how the defensive guys on the sideline seemed to be joking around, and Fat Pat was cracking jokes and just seemed to fit in right off the bat. Everyone talked about the D needing to Gel, and I am sure it does, but if that was the un-gelled version, I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Sorry to see that T Will wasnt even on the sideline from what I saw.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    NFL Live on ESPN just reported that Chief's backup QB Todd Collins was taken out of the game because his hand was broken by the Viking's defense. I always hate to hear that someone got hurt but plenty of props to the D for playing hard.

-DD
    was that from the time erasmus james tackled him? right after one of those fools threw the ball james tackled the quarterback and landed on him hard.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast