Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Deeper Issues Than Coaching

"Marrdro" wrote:
    My friend I hear what you are saying but I also would like to say that you are a bit off base.

Sure we don't have a bunch of "Proven" "Big Name" players on this team that would make a Maddenite happy (not putting you in that class), but take a look at the young talent on this team.

Most of them are either in thier first or second year, and are starting or making some sort of impact.

Heck, take a look at some of the guys that didn't make the team this year....
    Several were snatched up by other teams.

Give it another year or two and we will be back on top again.
    Gotta agree again with you Marrdro. You keep your head when others are losing it and I like that about you.
    My only added thought to your response is that if Childress goes and the young talent here doesn't stack up to a new offensive and defensive plan what happens? Do we rebuild again for another year or two with people clamoring for that coach's head? This could turn out to be a never-ending cycle.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

We have alot of young guys with talent who will only get better with expierence

T-Jack
    Cook
    Rice
    Troy
    Peterson
    Griffin
    Greenway

and

Chester
    Hutchinson
    EJ Henderson
    Ben Leber
    Bobby Wade
    Bryant McKinnie
    Kevin Williams

all are pretty young too, its really only Pat Williams, Matt Birk, Darren Sharper and Tony Richardson who has age concerns.

Birk is going to be tough to replace and Pat Williams is a gamebreaker, but Safety and Fullback proberly wont be too hard to replace all though that the guys we have in that spot is multible probowlers.

We do have lots of talent on this team with Steve Hutchinson, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Darren Sharper, Antoine Winfield, Adrian Peterson already in my oppinion playing on an elite level in their positions.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Once guys like
    Birk,
    Hutch
    Kleinsasser
    Richardson
    Taylor
    Winfield
    Sharper
    Smith
    KWill
    PWill
    Longwell

get some game experience and prove themselves, we will start winning games. Until then they are too young and inexperienced ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    My friend I hear what you are saying but I also would like to say that you are a bit off base.

Sure we don't have a bunch of "Proven" "Big Name" players on this team that would make a Maddenite happy (not putting you in that class), but take a look at the young talent on this team.

Most of them are either in thier first or second year, and are starting or making some sort of impact.

Heck, take a look at some of the guys that didn't make the team this year....
    Several were snatched up by other teams.

Give it another year or two and we will be back on top again.
    Gotta agree again with you Marrdro. You keep your head when others are losing it and I like that about you.
    My only added thought to your response is that if Childress goes and the young talent here doesn't stack up to a new offensive and defensive plan what happens? Do we rebuild again for another year or two with people clamoring for that coach's head? This could turn out to be a never-ending cycle.
    Cojo, thanks for the compliment.

I don't think we rebuild again next year.
    Infact I think we start drafting for depth as we are sitting pretty good.
    What happened when Edwards (a second year player) went down?
    A rookie step in that I didn't say damn, now were lost.

I really hope they have a plan for the OL via FA and add some more skill players through the draft next year.

On a side note, I think we will start to see things coming together this year.
    Remember how the Pack finished last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Once guys like
    Birk,
    Hutch
    Kleinsasser
    Richardson
    Taylor
    Winfield
    Sharper
    Smith
    KWill
    PWill
    Longwell

get some game experience and prove themselves, we will start winning games. Until then they are too young and inexperienced ;D
    Your killing me my friend.
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12