Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

Deeper Issues Than Coaching

Hi Folks....Not much to smile about this season....except for the first game. I have seen posts about removing Childress and others. While I tend agree with this thinking the problem for me runs deeper in the Organizational thinking process and money concerns.

I know all teams deal with the Cap and other revenue issues.....but what do see from the so-called TOP organizations??? They always seem to find a way to either keep tallent around and or intice tallent to end up on there teams....ie, New England...Indy...etc.

It seems to me that if you want a Championship Team....you have to surround yourself with Championship tallent and hold on to it after you get it. It must be possible because other teams do it year in and year out in spite of the Cap etc. Yet, we end up with the Kelly Holcombs of the League etc....not to single out Kelly alone...because there are others on this squad that are not in that Apex of play that gets it done.

Sheesh.....even Randy Moss ends up on a Championship Calliber Team.....and could very well get a ring this season......Man if that isn't a joke...I don't know what is??

The Organization really needs to take some hard looks at the past to learn for the future. There was a time we went after the best and were able to at least contend with the Apex category of the NFL. Drafting....Trading etc....it all needs improvement.

This is just one simple fans perspective....I would really like to hear what some of you others think?? I need to know if I am crazy or not. It seems like we are stuck on "Average is good Enough" mode right now from special teams...on up through Coaching.

Cheers! Sincerely, Frostbite
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Deeper Issues Than Coaching

Nope. It's Childress.

He won't coach the Vikings next year.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

I almost entirely agree. There are 53 players, numerous coaches and numerous people behind the scene. There are enough people within the organisation to suggest that one bad person can be carried - but seemingly it's a great deal more than one person that needs carried! Although Chilly is the weakst link. Defo.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I agree about luring talent here, but we've kept it here pretty well (williams', winfield, sharper.....) I think our drafting is stellar, just look at this year's class. I just wish we could get better free agents
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

It starts from the top.

The previous owner stopped caring about 2002 and the Vikes were bad after that.

Zygi is a good businessman, a good influence, and he wants to see the Vikings win.

The upper management has been vastly improved under Zygi. The Vikings are now drafting high quality talent.

From the head coach on down, however, it has been dismal---with the exceptions of run defense, run offense, placekicking, and kick coverage,

The problem is owned by Childress. Either he gets the ship righted, or he's got to be history. I'm going to keep giving Childress the benefit of the doubt, though, because for the past two games we haven't had our starting quarterback. Now there's a bye week and then Tarvaris will be back. We'll hope to see Tarvaris on a steady incline of improvement.

Go Vikings!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I think we have talent at alot of positions unfortunatly the positions we are lacking talent are QB and DE, QB the most important on any offense and DE are the most important position in a cover 2 defense.

We are a Donovan McNabb and Julius Peppers away fromm doing something big. I just hope we can do something in free agency and bring in some stud players in the draft.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

yeah The refs are helping every team but ours and we are sliding in that Arizona territory and saying that makes me wanna puke.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    yeah The refs are helping every team but ours and we are sliding in that Arizona territory and saying that makes me wanna puke.
    That's called a "Defeatist Attitude"

Stop blaming the refs, you sound like a whiner.

Blame Childress
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

A wise man once said:

All "what ifs" aside, fact is we're 1-2.
    Good teams figure out a way to win, no excuses.
    -PurplePackerEater

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

My friend I hear what you are saying but I also would like to say that you are a bit off base.

Sure we don't have a bunch of "Proven" "Big Name" players on this team that would make a Maddenite happy (not putting you in that class), but take a look at the young talent on this team.

Most of them are either in thier first or second year, and are starting or making some sort of impact.

Heck, take a look at some of the guys that didn't make the team this year....
    Several were snatched up by other teams.

Give it another year or two and we will be back on top again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast