Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

DeAndre Hopkins or Terrance Williams?

Vikings land a wide receiver in Round 1

NFL Mock Draft: Vikings land a wide receiver in Round 1 - SB Nation Minnesota

Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft: Fresh Predictions After the Super Bowl

Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft: Fresh Predictions After the Super Bowl | Bleacher Report

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Vikings land a wide receiver in Round 1

NFL Mock Draft: Vikings land a wide receiver in Round 1 - SB Nation Minnesota

Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft: Fresh Predictions After the Super Bowl

Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft: Fresh Predictions After the Super Bowl | Bleacher Report
    I would be suprised to see the Vikes take a WR in round 1 unless Cordarelle Patterson is still there at #23. So out of these two scenarios I would bet we would draft Williams in the second round.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I would be suprised to see the Vikes take a WR in round 1 unless Cordarelle Patterson is still there at #23. So out of these two scenarios I would bet we would draft Williams in the second round.
    I would be shocked if Patterson is gone before we pick. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Keenan Allen still there.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    ...or perhaps, Keenen Allen? I'm starting to see some mocks where Cord's size/speed combo plus return ability equal him being the first WR off the board.

I like Williams, but don't know how likely it is that he'll still be there for the 22nd? pick of the 2nd round. Actually, good chance John Jenkins isn't available at our spot in the first either. That BR draft seems a bit of a dream, but I'd be pretty damn happy if it did go down kinda like that! I like the MLB pick in the 3rd, the CB depth early 4th and taking another shot at a 4th round WR too. Finding some OG competition in the 5th and a 7th round flier on Klein would probably round off a great draft. But, like I said, a bit of a dream...

I guess that's what offseason is all about!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    One thing that neither of these mock drafts suggests is a trade. We have two 4th round draft picks this year, thanks to our trading last year. I could see us packaging our 2nd (#55 overall) and the 4th from Detroit (#101 overall) to move up in the second round to grab someone. It all depends on how the WRs are sitting in the draft.

If Allen and Patterson are both gone when we pick at 23, I think we use the pick defensively and then trade up in the 2nd to grab someone like Williams. If either Allen and Patterson are still there, we pick one and then trade up to go after defense...

Hell, maybe we can offload Harvin for a package of picks and make our draft even more exciting...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I would be shocked if Patterson is gone before we pick. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Keenan Allen still there.
    I agree but you know how things go at the combine. Patterson is already getting hype, I saw him at teh 2013 All Star Football Challenge and he has all the measurables. Allen will no thave the forty time that Patterson will and I am not sure about the other measurables but look for Patterson to fly up the boards after the combine.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    One thing that neither of these mock drafts suggests is a trade. We have two 4th round draft picks this year, thanks to our trading last year. I could see us packaging our 2nd (#55 overall) and the 4th from Detroit (#101 overall) to move up in the second round to grab someone. It all depends on how the WRs are sitting in the draft.

If Allen and Patterson are both gone when we pick at 23, I think we use the pick defensively and then trade up in the 2nd to grab someone like Williams. If either Allen and Patterson are still there, we pick one and then trade up to go after defense...

Hell, maybe we can offload Harvin for a package of picks and make our draft even more exciting...
    I kinda get the feeling that Spielman might try and do something like last year too...ie, move that 2nd up 10 or 15 spots to fill a need.

As much as I do love the idea of adding a young difference maker to our aging defense, our need is SO BAD at WR that the idea of hoping value falls to us at pick 54 is pretty scary...even with a good crop coming out. In today's pass first league, pretty much every team is looking at WR in every draft because you can always use another weapon whether it upgrades your top, middle or bottom depth. We could see a pretty silly run start around our pick in the first and run right through the middle of the 2nd.

Random thought on another spot I think we might go early, MLB...We've pretty much always had more of a run-plugging, big and slow MLB, while the Tampa-2 usually goes for a quicker guy who can cover more ground. Is this by plan or default? Seems to me an every down backer who can cover today's more athletic TEs might be a good first round pick...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We need to look at a MLB with our first pick. Someone to anchor the defense for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I kinda get the feeling that Spielman might try and do something like last year too...ie, move that 2nd up 10 or 15 spots to fill a need.

As much as I do love the idea of adding a young difference maker to our aging defense, our need is SO BAD at WR that the idea of hoping value falls to us at pick 54 is pretty scary...even with a good crop coming out. In today's pass first league, pretty much every team is looking at WR in every draft because you can always use another weapon whether it upgrades your top, middle or bottom depth. We could see a pretty silly run start around our pick in the first and run right through the middle of the 2nd.

Random thought on another spot I think we might go early, MLB...We've pretty much always had more of a run-plugging, big and slow MLB, while the Tampa-2 usually goes for a quicker guy who can cover more ground. Is this by plan or default? Seems to me an every down backer who can cover today's more athletic TEs might be a good first round pick...
    To answer your first part I think that if Patterson & allen are gone we should be able to get someone like a Kawann Short or Jonathan Jenkins. We may be able to get Ogletree (LB - Georgia) but I think he will be gone, he is a top ten talent and I don't see him going past #15 or 16 tops. I do know that I haven't seen as many real athletes that can play coming out in a long time and we could get a great athlete at #23.

I think if those two are gone we could get a WR from a group of WRs that are very similiar in the second round. I watched the Senior bowl and Goodwin out of Texas intrigues me. He has world class speed and looked pretty good catching the ball. I would like to see more of him and his measurables at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We need to look at a MLB with our first pick. Someone to anchor the defense for the next decade.
    I would draft Ogletree and add ten pounds and plug him in the middle is about our only solution if you want a MLB this year. Other than that I wouldn't draft a MLB with our first round pick. I might move up in the second and draft Minter out of LSU but that is about it. I don't see a true MLB worth our first round pick.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 02-05-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast