singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Dayton to investigation Wilfs

Lawsuit prompts Dayton to seek investigation into Vikings owners

Lawsuit prompts Dayton to seek investigation into Vikings owners | Daily Globe

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Minnesota Vikings Stadium Deal May Be Delayed Over Fraud Judgment

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

Generally I don't read my news from a Saint's fans site but when it comes to corruption there really aren't any folks that know it better then those in the Big Easy, or in the NFL then the Saints (coaches sneaking drugs, bounties, buying supe..) but then when you roll in the author...whodat...its MacGyver!!!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Generally I don't read my news from a Saint's fans site but when it comes to corruption there really aren't any folks that know it better then those in the Big Easy, or in the NFL then the Saints (coaches sneaking drugs, bounties, buying supe..) but then when you roll in the author...whodat...its MacGyver!!!
    I see they didn't read the articles very well:
    The Washington Post suggested that the ruling “will not affect the team’s finances”, but the owners assets are the teams finances. With the plaintiffs seeking more than $50 million in damages and the Judge talking about triple damages Zygi Wilf could take quite a hit. To clarify the “delay issue” a bit the Stadium itself is still scheduled to to open in 2016, but if the governor gets his way the stadium deal itself and the state money will be delayed until all the details are carefully scrutinized.
    The $51M only comes into play if they get triple damages on the RICO charge. The actual dollars with interest that the plaintiffs feel they are owed is closer to $20M and only a portion of that potentially qualifies for the triple damages. Be sure that every amount of upsizing on every damage charge is being maxed out by the plaintiffs lawyers.

The plaintiffs’ lawyers said Halpern is owed $7 million and Reichmann is owed $13 million, but they are seeking triple damages under the state’s racketeering statute.

The Wilfs’ lead attorney, Sheppard Guryan, said the Wilfs owe Reichmann just $430,000, while Halpern actually owes the Wilfs $6 million.

As a defendant, you never want to be tried by a judge who is retiring. This is where power really comes into play. They have no one to answer to at this point.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I see they didn't read the articles very well:

The $51M only comes into play if they get triple damages on the RICO charge. The actual dollars with interest that the plaintiffs feel they are owed is closer to $20M and only a portion of that potentially qualifies for the triple damages. Be sure that every amount of upsizing on every damage charge is being maxed out by the plaintiffs lawyers.

As a defendant, you never want to be tried by a judge who is retiring. This is where power really comes into play. They have no one to answer to at this point.
    But its MacGyver that wrote it.....he can make shit up out of nothing

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Funny how this lawsuit goes through, but there is no RICO suits filed against the too big to fail banks that lied to investors, cheated shareholders, forged legal documents, and more. I do not know about the Wilfs, but I really get upset that monied interests get away with so much in our blind legal system.