Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: A day to cool off...a week to ponder...

Although I am very shocked and dissaoppointed in our Offense, the Defensive play of the Vikes is atrocios!

I realize that they had to be on the field a lot more than they should have a la the turnover. But to get burned like they did...sad! We play such a panzy game right from the start! Why can't we get in the face of other WR's and throw their timing off. 1. You can get physical within 5 yards and try to re-route the WR. 2. Getting physical ruins the timing of the play, resulting in the QB holding the ball which equals hurried pass with the possibility of getting a pick or at least imcoplete. Or, we can just sack the QB!

And the coverges were terrible. I do not think AW did a good job at coverage...wait, nobody did!

I am going to watch it again and really pay attention to the little things.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Although I am very shocked and dissaoppointed in our Offense, the Defensive play of the Vikes is atrocios!

I realize that they had to be on the field a lot more than they should have a la the turnover. But to get burned like they did...sad! We play such a panzy game right from the start! Why can't we get in the face of other WR's and throw their timing off. 1. You can get physical within 5 yards and try to re-route the WR. 2. Getting physical ruins the timing of the play, resulting in the QB holding the ball which equals hurried pass with the possibility of getting a pick or at least imcoplete. Or, we can just sack the QB!

And the coverges were terrible. I do not think AW did a good job at coverage...wait, nobody did!

I am going to watch it again and really pay attention to the little things.
    They did some good things in week one, I am just going to chalk this one up to a BAD week. I will be more disgusted if it happens again.

A few good things, but I was not convinced after week 1. They did show some flares, but those flares were extinguished yesterday.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

For those of you still wanting Moss bacvk, thinking he's our savior...remember when he was gone for several games last year. We still had a passing attack and a running attack. This goes MUCH DEEPER than Moss just being gone.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    For those of you still wanting Moss bacvk, thinking he's our savior...remember when he was gone for several games last year. We still had a passing attack and a running attack. This goes MUCH DEEPER than Moss just being gone.
    That's what I keep saying to myself when people say "HAHA YOU GUYS R TEH NOOBS AND SUCKKKK WITHOUT RANDY" :roll: I keep thinking "Then how were we good for those 5 games? What happened between last year and this year other than randy being gone?"

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    That's what I keep saying to myself when people say "HAHA YOU GUYS R TEH NOOBS AND SUCKKKK WITHOUT RANDY" :roll: I keep thinking "Then how were we good for those 5 games? What happened between last year and this year other than randy being gone?"
    We got pummeled in our first 2 games!

But, I would rather start off losing than tank in week 7 and have no momentum going into the playoffs!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Moss was so much this team's (mostly Daunte's) "crutch" that they even had him on the feild KNOWING dam well he COULD NOT play.

Do the Rams put Holt on the feild limping and only able to jog? Not.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    We got pummeled in our first 2 games!

But, I would rather start off losing than tank in week 7 and have no momentum going into the playoffs!
    Very true...it's best to suck early on than get all hyped up about a good start and then be crushed. Like I said before, at least this is variety!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    But we weren't good for those 5 games.

We lost Moss in New Orleans (Week 6), but won because the Saints didn't prepare for us without Moss.

In week 7 (Game 1 w/o Moss), we beat the Titans. Of course, they were banged up too... and this was 1 of 2 games all season that the "D" showed up for.

Week 8, we got DECIMATED by the Giants...I still don't want to talk about taht game.

Week 9, lost to Indy...but Indy wasn't known for "D" in '04.

week 10, lost to Green Bay due to the Officials blowing a critical call.

week 11, beat Detroit...because they fumbled the snap on the field goal attempt.

Week 12, Randy returns to beat Jacksonville.

So, we DIDN"T do good when Randy was gone...we faced some poor Defenses and got real lucky. Now, however, we have no one who DEMANDS that type of coverage.

Caine

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    But we weren't good for those 5 games.

We lost Moss in New Orleans (Week 6), but won because the Saints didn't prepare for us without Moss.

In week 7 (Game 1 w/o Moss), we beat the Titans. Of course, they were banged up too... and this was 1 of 2 games all season that the "D" showed up for.

Week 8, we got DECIMATED by the Giants...I still don't want to talk about taht game.

Week 9, lost to Indy...but Indy wasn't known for "D" in '04.

week 10, lost to Green Bay due to the Officials blowing a critical call.

week 11, beat Detroit...because they fumbled the snap on the field goal attempt.

Week 12, Randy returns to beat Jacksonville.

So, we DIDN"T do good when Randy was gone...we faced some poor Defenses and got real lucky. Now, however, we have no one who DEMANDS that type of coverage.

Caine
    Then basically the time he was gone accounts for nothing. Now take our offense and make it play as well as it did then and give us the same defense we have now. I bet we would have won all of those games but the giants. Something is different with Daunte and it is not just Moss and Linehan. He seems like a different person out there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast