Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: A day to cool off...a week to ponder...

This sounds crazy, but maybe we should go after Ricky Williams, we need that type of running back, that can take pressure off the passing game, and pick up 3-4 yards when there's no running room, and that won't wear down getting 25-30 touches a game.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Del Rio Guest

If the Vikings gave a RB more then 20 carries I would die. I don't think that has ever been the intention.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I've said all along running the ball is easier then passing, even on lineman. A mixture of both is essential for an O-lineman to be succesful, but Horns you bring up a great point, when we get behind and we start playing catch up, the run game has to take a back seat.
    While being able to run the ball would bolster our struggling O-line, I honestly don't see anyone stepping up to run it.

Bennett has the speed, but no punch and fumbled twice. He doesn't HIT the hole...he dances through it...usually long enough for the Defense to gang tackle him (and strip the ball as well).

Moore shows flashes of talent...then sprains an ankle.

Williams is getting older, and doesn't have the break away speed.

Fason hasn't even played.

Smith was too busy to take a wizz-test, so he's sitting home eating Dorito's and giggling at the Ricky Williams interview on "60 Minutes".

Who's going to run the football? I'm still waiting for that ONE GUY to step up and say, "Damn it, Coach. I'M the man!!!! Give me the darn ball and let them know I'm commin'...and hell's commin' with me!!!!!" until someone does that, we're going airmail.

That - as Del points out - puts even more pressure on our O-Line. Add in Daunte's hesitation and indecisiveness, and our O-Line is in for a very loooong day.

The replays yesterday showed that guys were getting open....wide open in some cases....but Daunte isn't seeing them. He appears to be stuck in "Moss Mode" (Where he looked primarily to Moss on every play). He needs to learn to check down on the receivers quickly and pick his shot.

And, if he can't do that, he needs to tuck-n-run for awhile. At least until he starts getting more comfortable with teh Defensive packages we're now going to see.

But is all comes back to, "Who's going to step up"? On Offence, on Defense, who's going to say, "This is OUR game"...and make it stick. It isn't like we lack leadership on both sides of the ball. It isn't like there is a shortage of playmakers. It isn't like we're the Packers (Although at least THEIR Offence got rolling for a bit yesterday...they made a game of it at least).

Who's it going to be? On "O", it HAS to be Daunte. His game has been rotten these past couple weeks. On "D"...I'm still waiting.

Caine

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

The worst part about yesterdays game was that I couldn't watch it at home...I had to go to a public place with NFL Sunday Ticket, and sit there in shock for 3 quarters (I left after the 3rd or 4th INT...I don't recall exactly which). And, while there, I had to listen to Bears fans chortle with glee as they disassembled the Lions.

I can imagine how you feel, but image sitting ate the game like I was and listen to 60,000 yell "who dey" for 4 hours....and everything else under the sun, including, us not being able to contain them or Chad Johnson, taunting our bench after each interception, and asking Cullpepper what team he was playing for.....not to mention the "overrated" chants...it was hell on earth brother......

EJOlson9973 is offline Waterboy

I have to say there are many problems, from coaching to defense. But I think a big part is the run game. 55 yards a game, that sucks. We need a pound it out runner who get tough yards and take the pressure off Daunte always having to pass the ball. Bennet may be fast but if he gets touched he is down, or fumbles. Obviously this is not going to fix everything, but it needs to be dealt with.

We need a pound it out runner!!!

GO VIKES!!

I have the ticket, and I still couldn't watch it at home yesterday. Bunch of crap!

UkViking is offline Rookie

The run has got to be established but can this O step up and make some holes and can our RB,s hold the ball and find the holes.Tice and Viking players over to you.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

Amidst the fumbling, the fact that Bennett picked up 36 yards on 3 carries seems to be lost. Had he hung on to the ball early, he could have been on his way to a big game.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    Amidst the fumbling, the fact that Bennett picked up 36 yards on 3 carries seems to be lost. Had he hung on to the ball early, he could have been on his way to a big game.
    Yes, he DID produce..until fumble #1 and fumble #2. When you fumble once, the coach bends your ear and you go out there determined not to do it again. When you do it again...almost immediately...you get benched. Ask Ahman Green about that.

Someone once said to me, "1 awwww shite is worth 10000 atta-boys"...that's absolutely true. Bennett averaged 12 yards per carry...but gave the ball away. In real terms, Bennett gained absolutely nothing.

I am now in "Looking to next week" mode. Hopefully, the coaching staff is correcting problems and improving our team...if not, someone let them know that I'm available and will work for Tice's fine.

Caine

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"The Gap" wrote:
    Can you imagine if I’d have said these things? I wouldn’t be able to duck fast enough!
    I still think it’s early and your competition won’t be significant but you have to do something this week. I truly believe a game like yesterday can light a fire that once burning can provide the momentum you need. Players react after they are embarrassed. Unfortunately Tice is really a handicap and although I always liked him I have to agree his days are numbered. My hope is he keeps his job until the off season because if my boys get there again it’s nice to know there’s another source for Super Bowl tickets out there.
    That is true. Against the Bucs, we were like OK, we can win games, and not much urgency. This week, after the Bengals loss, our guys better take their future seriously and their opponents.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast