Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Yes, appears Europe and Canada is more advanced than USA when it comes to human rights.
    I agree. Two world wars and one Holocaust will tend to change viewpoints. It is too bad some of the young Europeans are picking up the same torch of the right wing that made Europe burn in the past.

While I agree with Kluwe on both the marriage issue and Ray Guy, I do believe there is a time and place to have a voice about issues. His initial tweet was fine, as it was a response to homophobic statements by other NFL players, but in the long run, he needed to concentrate on his on-field play to stay on the team.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I agree. Two world wars and one Holocaust will tend to change viewpoints.
    Oh, I'm sorry... last I checked my calender the date wasn't 1945.

Many things have changed in the past 68 years.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Wanted to voice my political views but won't, this is a football forum!!

Oh, I'm sorry... last I checked my calender the date wasn't 1945.

Many things have changed in the past 68 years.
    Were you being sarcastic above? If so, I could not tell without a smiley of some sort. I do not have your crystal ball to see those things.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Wanted to voice my political views but won't, this is a football forum!!
    The comments by Kluwe are relevant in context, but perhaps we should move along.

These aren't the droids you're looking for; move along ... move along.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Considering how slow this forum is going, any activity is better than nearly none in my opinion. The uniform thread is going decently though... perhaps it's time we include a clothing design section here...

PurplePride.org - Home of Vikings Fans World Wide... & Fashionistas

Considering how slow this forum is going, any activity is better than nearly none in my opinion. The uniform thread is going decently though... perhaps it's time we include a clothing design section here...

PurplePride.org - Home of Vikings Fans World Wide... & Fashionistas
    Hah! But did you see the number 84? The uniform is not runway ready.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    To Nodak and Traveling Vike, I agree, it is not for his comments.

It is a head scratcher.

Totally speculating here but could commitments off the field, like his band be thought of as more important than the Vikings. Maybe they are sending him the message to work harder or be replaced. Just guessing on this one. We will see how they compete in practice.
    Percent returned 35th
    Downed 27th
    Return yards 22nd
    Inside 20 30th
    Net yards 23rd

Percent returned 36th
    Downed 17th
    Return yards 38th
    Inside 20 21rst
    Net yards 18th

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dat...=25&numgames=1

That my friends is why they brought in competition.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Percent returned 35th
    Downed 27th
    Return yards 22nd
    Inside 20 30th
    Net yards 23rd

Percent returned 36th
    Downed 17th
    Return yards 38th
    Inside 20 21rst
    Net yards 18th

Competition I have no problem with. My one and only issue with this is that we spent a fifth to do it. I think that is a bit high to take a kicker unless he is truly outstanding, especially since we were so limited in the mid-rounds.

One thing about the stats that nobody ever mentions: they all depend greatly on WHERE THEY ARE KICKED FROM! You're going to put a lot more inside the 20 punting from your 45 than from your 25, no matter how good or bad your leg is. On the other hand, a real boomer likes to have space. Suffice it to say, these numbers. moreso than almost any other positional stat, depend on how well your offense did before you even hit the field.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well, that might be true but I don't see it as that bad. Heck, looking back to 2006 where we traded up in the second to take a projected 6th round QB who basically stunted the franchise for half a decade and followed that up by trading up in the same round to get a projected 6th round Center and trying to make a RT out of him I find the latest moves to be a breath of fresh air.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Percent returned 35th
    Downed 27th
    Return yards 22nd
    Inside 20 30th
    Net yards 23rd

Percent returned 36th
    Downed 17th
    Return yards 38th
    Inside 20 21rst
    Net yards 18th

Are you sure? His average & net average really aren't much different than Locke's.

On Saturday, the Minnesota Vikings drafted UCLA punter Jeff Locke in the fifth round, a move that Chris Kluwe sees as writing on the wall that he may be on his way out, and that the reason for his exit will be "distractions" related to activism for LGBT civil rights
    Kluwe told Florio: “It’s a shame that in a league with players given multiple second chances after arrests, including felony arrests, that speaking out on human rights has a chance of getting you cut,”
    Read more: Is Minnesota Viking and LGBT Ally Chris Kluwe Being Pushed Out for a Punter with Fewer 'Distractions'?| Gay News | Towleroad

Playing through right groin and left knee injuries in 2012, Kluwe had the third highest gross average (45.0 yards) and best net average (39.9) of his eight-year career. But he also finished 31st in the league in punts inside the 20, had some uncharacteristic and ill-timed shanks, and saw the constant attention from his social activism and social media presence wear thin with the coaching staff.
    Special teams coach Mike Priefer wasn’t amused when asked about it the next week.

“I don’t even want to talk about that,” Priefer said. “Those distractions are getting old for me, to be quite honest with you. Do I think Ray Guy deserves to be in the Hall of Fame? Absolutely. But there’s other ways of going about doing it, in my opinion. … [Kluwe] needs to focus on punting and holding [on place kicks].”
    Vikings draft punter in fifth round, perhaps to replace Kluwe | StarTribune.com
    Last edited by singersp; 05-01-2013 at 06:05 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast