Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    BTW, the official site for the Vikings has a lot of related video of the new draft picks in their media vault.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    To Nodak and Traveling Vike, I agree, it is not for his comments.
    Sorry to burst the bubble, but you all three are wrong!
    In special teams coordinator Mike Priefer 's own words about Cuwe's antics: “Those distractions are getting old for me, to be quite honest with you."

By the way, Cluwe is coming off a career high in net average in punting. Also, spending a round 5 pick on a punter is more than just sending a message.

On another note, Cluwe is on his last year of his contract. Will they let Locke sit on the bench one season? Do we really want to use two roster spots on punters? Locke is too good to slip by the waivers.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Sixth round pick

Jeff Baca Draft Profile

Note he had the best shuttle time and the cone drill.

Prospect to be molded.
    Great pick, he backs up OG and OT if not C too and might push Fusco or Johnson to start someday. This is what I expected in the 5th...or, Ryan Swope would have been nice.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Sorry to burst the bubble, but you all three are wrong!
    In special teams coordinator Mike Priefer 's own words about Cuwe's antics: “Those distractions are getting old for me, to be quite honest with you."

By the way, Cluwe is coming off a career high in net average in punting. Also, spending a round 5 pick on a punter is more than just sending a message.

On another note, Cluwe is on his last year of his contract. Will they let Locke sit on the bench one season? Do we really want to use two roster spots on punters? Locke is too good to slip by the waivers.
    Good post, thanks for putting that in perspective. I was just trying to make the point that there was another off the field item besides the comments. I actually think it is fine for him to tweet his views. The stuff on the jersey, mixed about that.

With that said just because someone says they are tired of it doesn't make it time to get rid of him. If the Wilfs said that, then I would be concerned. But talent always plays.

I think you are right about the contract. If we can sign a rook to do the same or better for less. We could pay him big bucks next season or have the new guy on the roster and let Klewe go to the highest bidder. We would have a newbie for less than what Klewe is going to demand next season.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    If the special teams coach doesn't like one of his player then I think that comes alot into play. Especially when the player is nothing spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    If the special teams coach doesn't like one of his player then I think that comes alot into play. Especially when the player is nothing spectacular.
    Granted it was 2008 when he really excelled. But he is a good punter.

The new guy who is also a Bruin will compete for Kluwe's job. If the new guy is better it is a win win all the way around for us as long as we have a good holder for Walsh.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    After more research, I like all the day 3 picks. Hodges is a likely starter in the base D. Lefty Locke looks like he could very well be an improvement on Kluwe. Both of the OGs also have tackle experience, arms and size...possibly push to start at OG and help backup multiple spots. A 7 gamble on Mauti being healthy is well worth the bet, and even the late DT has been called a steal where we got him.

And three blue chip hole fillers in the first round! Not a bad weekends work at all!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    His off field activities has little to nothing to do with us selecting a punter.
    Unless those off field issues are becoming on-field or locker room issues. Perhaps his latest voice on gay athletes including within the NFL is bringing it "in house" or being perceived as possibly becoming a distraction in house.

But what may really be at work here is that NFL teams tend to prefer players to don’t voice an opinion on much of anything. Last year three Dolphins players went to their new head coach to inquire why a teammate had been dismissed. At the end of the season all three of those players were gone. Players who file grievances are routinely cut half a season later. In a league in which employees are paid millions of dollars to play a game, they tend to have roughly the same civil rights as nineteenth century coal mine workers. The message from NFL owners to players has long tacitly been shut up and take the money.
    Pro-gay NFL players Ayanbadejo and Chris Kluwe both just got fired - Stabley Times | Stabley Times

If that's not the case, I can think of 1.4 million other reasons why he might be let go.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Pro-gay NFL players Ayanbadejo and Chris Kluwe both just got fired - Stabley Times | Stabley Times

If that's not the case, I can think of 1.4 million other reasons why he might be let go.
    There has to be a balance. For Kluwe to state that he is pro-gay marriage is fine with me, but going overboard with it, posing in a magazine, and protesting Ray Guy not getting into the Hall on his uniform are distractions.

The NFL is homophobic. The NBA is homophobic. MLB is homophobic. America is homophobic.

The NHL front office and players made a statement by banning together to support gay rights, but we all know the NHL is populated with Canadians and European lefties.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    There has to be a balance. For Kluwe to state that he is pro-gay marriage is fine with me, but going overboard with it, posing in a magazine, and protesting Ray Guy not getting into the Hall on his uniform are distractions.

The NFL is homophobic. The NBA is homophobic. MLB is homophobic. America is homophobic.

The NHL front office and players made a statement by banning together to support gay rights, but we all know the NHL is populated with Canadians and European lefties.
    Yes, appears Europe and Canada is more advanced than USA when it comes to human rights.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast