Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    A punter in round 5? Seriously?!?

Really disappointing.
    I said the same thing when we drafted Blair Walsh last year in the 6th round... but look how that turned out. This will probably turn out to be a good pick too.

Really puzzled that Kenjon Barner hasn't been picked yet, hope we snag him.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Kluwe is done, might save some dollars to go pick up a vet linebacker.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    Looks like the end of the road for Kluwe
    That's a good thing.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Kluwe is toast. He was the 25th ranked punter last season, and his off field crap with his twitter rants about gay marriage, and politics has probably shut the door on his career in Minnesota. I am ok with selecting Locke in the 5th rd, he has a big leg and field position is everything. Look at the boost that Walsh gave us last season? This was a good pick.

Now I don't know much about Gerald Hodges? Anyone seen this kid play? Was it a good pick here, or could they have gotten a better option at LB?

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Vikings draft Jeff Locke

A punter like Jeff Locke in the fifth round is not a bad pick. I projected him to go in the 6 or 7 round range, but if Spielman really feel comfortable with a player he's not afraid to jump one or two rounds up to get him and I don't have any problems with that.

I would have gone with someone else, but I was kinda lobbying for a punter in this draft anyways. This draft has a strong punter class. There are three punters that I really like (four if you count Quinn Sharp who can handle both kicks and punts) and while I liked the other two a little better, Jeff Locke, Ryan Allen, and Brad Wing are hard to choose between.

From NFL.com: "In his report of UCLA's pro day, NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt says that Locke -- a left-footed kicker -- is every bit as good as Bryan Anger, the punter selected in the third round by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 2012 NFL Draft."

Sounds like Jeff Locke was a good value afterall.
    Last edited by HEY; 04-27-2013 at 02:34 PM.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Kluwe is toast. He was the 25th ranked punter last season, and his off field crap with his twitter rants about gay marriage, and politics has probably shut the door on his career in Minnesota. I am ok with selecting Locke in the 5th rd, he has a big leg and field position is everything. Look at the boost that Walsh gave us last season? This was a good pick.

Now I don't know much about Gerald Hodges? Anyone seen this kid play? Was it a good pick here, or could they have gotten a better option at LB?
    His off field activities has little to nothing to do with us selecting a punter. It bothered only a small minority of people. The NFL for the most part is encouraging people like Kluwe to speak their mind as it presents the NFL in a better light than idiots who say negative things about race or marriage.

Regardless, if his time in MN is coming to an end (and I hope it isn't), it has everything to do with his on field performance, and nothing to do with his off field.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I said the same thing when we drafted Blair Walsh last year in the 6th round... but look how that turned out. This will probably turn out to be a good pick too.

Really puzzled that Kenjon Barner hasn't been picked yet, hope we snag him.
    Missed out by 7 slots.

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    I say we start Audie Cole at MLB. He showed some flashes of being a playmaker last year in the Pre-Season
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    I say we start Audie Cole at MLB. He showed some flashes of being a playmaker last year in the Pre-Season
    plus 1

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    I'd prefer Erin Henderson there instead. I think he can breakout this season. I like Cole though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast