Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Vikings drafted Gerald Hodges (OLB, 6'1", 243 lbs, Penn St.). Don't know what to say of this pick because I honestly doesn't know much about this guy. Seems good enough though.

Damn, I really wish we drafted Jesse Williams, A.J. Klein, Quinton Patton, Ryan Swope, or Jordan Poyer instead! To imagine people here wanted Jesse in the first round must be pretty pissed off about this.

mountainviking is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Vikings drafted Gerald Hodges (OLB, 6'1", 243 lbs, Penn St.). Don't know what to say of this pick because I honestly doesn't know much about this guy. Seems good enough though.

Damn, I really wish we drafted Jesse Williams, A.J. Klein, Quinton Patton, Ryan Swope, or Jordan Poyer instead! To imagine people here wanted Jesse in the first round must be pretty pissed off about this.
    Surprising Jesse is still out there! The guy is really strong and played on the championship Bama team.

I like the Hodges pick tho...another converted Safety with cover skills but not great speed, similar to some of the earlier picks at LB. Penn state still has a reputation for LBs and he performed well and graduated during all the chaos there the past year. Mayock said, "to me, this guy is a will backer all day long." Looks like Erin goes inside, eh!?

Bottom Line
    Hodges is a converted safety who is growing into a NFL starting Sam linebacker’s frame -– but he still has the movement skills to bring down ballcarriers in space. Hodges most impressive trait is his ability to cover, however. He needs to improve at disengaging from blocks, but his coverage skills will likely see him selected on the second day.
    Not bad at all to get him where we did, specially given the run on LB and S right before us.

Gerald Hodges: 5 Things You Need to Know About Former Penn State OLB | Bleacher Report
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Ranger is offline Coach
    Swope and Stills are still out there, as is Williams and Bray. Bray might be worth picking up and holding the #3 spot down for a while, imo. He's a project qb that might wind up being pretty good. Williams would be fantastic. We'd have great depth on the defensive line, and he could plug in next to Kevin.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Swope and Stills are still out there, as is Williams and Bray. Bray might be worth picking up and holding the #3 spot down for a while, imo. He's a project qb that might wind up being pretty good. Williams would be fantastic. We'd have great depth on the defensive line, and he could plug in next to Kevin.
    Still have about 20 picks to go!

Ranger is offline Coach
    Seattle! Goddamnit! They always seem to make good moves, and it's getting irritating.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    After watching a lot of video on Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson is have learned that Tyler Bray really is a very bad quarterback.. If we draft him, he won't make the roster, guaranteed.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    After watching a lot of video on Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson is have learned that Tyler Bray really is a very bad quarterback.. If we draft him, he won't make the roster, guaranteed.
    I haven't watched much of him, so I'll yield to your experience.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Seattle! Goddamnit! They always seem to make good moves, and it's getting irritating.
    Ya, I would trade all my picks to move up. 5, 6, and 7 are mostly worthless.

Maybe I wouldn't but pickings are slim around here. We will see.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    A punter in round 5? Seriously?!?

Really disappointing.

Dibbzz is offline Starter

Day 3 - NFL Draft 2013

Looks like the end of the road for Kluwe

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast