Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is online now Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Day 3 - NFL Draft 2013

It's Day 3 and Minnesota is back in play! (yay!)

Lots of good players still on the board and some who has immensely fallen to round 4. Here's the players I would like to see the Vikings draft, in order:

1. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
    2. Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    3. Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
    4. Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
    5. A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State
    6. Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma
    7. Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State
    8. Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia
    9. Cobi Hamilton, WR Arkansas
    10. Kevin Reddick, ILB, UNC
    Barrett Jones, G/C Alabama
    Conner Vernon, WR Duke
    Ace Sanders, WR South Carolina
    Cooper Taylor, S, Richmond
    Denard Robinson, WR, Michigan
    Brad Wing, P, LSU
    Ryan Allen, P
    Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
    Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    QB Jordan Rodgers, Vanderbilt
    QB Zac Dysert, Miami (Oh.)
    QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma
    QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee
    RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
    S Zeke Motta, Notre Dame

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Vikings 2013 Third Day Draft Gems

Consistently good teams find gems in the late rounds of the last day. There are still some pretty impressive players available, and some pretty sizeable needs, if not holes in our roster. Just wanted to kick off a conversation about what our remaining needs are (beyond the obvious MLB) and who you feel may be late steals still hanging around waiting to be picked...

I'm beginning to think there's truth to the move Erin inside idea...he mans the middle on passing downs anyway, and with the way most teams play these days, you end up in the nickel more than base anyway. Still, we need some LB depth inside and/or out, to make sure we don't take a step back in that middle level of our defense and to keep STs competitive too. Kevin Reddick or AJ Klein might be good inside options, but also likely to go earlier in round 4. Same with Khaseem Greene and Chase Thomas outside, but some good options remain deeper: Trevardo Williams of Conn, Hodges from Penn State, or Porter from Texas A&M?

We could also use more depth in the return game since the position is so prone to injury, so another CB or WR with some return skills could be a good pick back here, with Kenny Stills and perhaps, Ryan Swope being good fits as high potential, developmental guys with the speed and open field moves to help our return game too. At CB, Sanders Commings of Georgia or Tharold Simon from LSU are both big, body, hard hitting press type corners who would fit the mold of what we added in Rhodes and give us some depth for whenever Cook ends up injured.

OL starters are all returning, and that is good news, but the Guards could use some competition, and the cupboard is pretty bare behind our starting Tackles. I'd like to add a guy who provides both. Earl Watford has the agility and arm length to play OT, and experience at OG too. Jeff Baca of UCLA has experience all along the line, and the tenacity and work ethic to fit at OG or RT.

Safety is kinda set but could maybe use an upgrade, I mean really, when don't you need an upgrade at any position? Hardly ever. RB I'm not worried about at all, plenty of vets, late picks and/or UDFAs to fill in that hole next year should Toby leave. Hell, even QB seems kind of full, tho an upgrade would be nice and there are still guys dropping at the position...

What do ya think PPO? anybody on here on a Saturday Draft Day 3...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    It is time to roll the dice at linebacker?.

Thomas, Chase OLB 6'3" 244 Stanford
    Greene, Khaseem OLB 6'1" 241 Rutgers
    Hodges, Gerald OLB 6'1" 243 Penn St.

Mauti, Michael ILB 6'2" 243 Penn St.
    Reddick, Kevin ILB 6'1" 243 North Carolina
    Cain, Kenny ILB 6'1" 225 TCU

Packers got value with David Bakhtiari at OT from Colorado.

Ryan Nassib to the Giants ...?

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Already made a thread on this The site feels empty today. Thought it would be more traffic on here now that we got plenty of picks today. I personally am exited, but hate to sit around and wait though.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    I think this is the round where quarterbacks are coming of the board. Teams are already trading up for many quarterbacks that were expected to be gone as early as in round two. As a Vikings fan it's just a positive. Our roster is already full at QB (although not elite QB's) and this means more good players will slip to us.

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    I think this is the round where quarterbacks are coming of the board. Teams are already trading up for many quarterbacks that were expected to be gone as early as in round two. As a Vikings fan it's just a positive. Our roster is already full at QB (although not elite QB's) and this means more good players will slip to us.
    How many of these round four quarterbacks are better than our early round one quarterback?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    How many of these round four quarterbacks are better than our early round one quarterback?
    I'd say they're about equal, sadly.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Anyone knows a little about Matt Kassel's contract? I think it guaranteers quite a lot of money, but if it doesn't then I wouldn't mind drafting a quarterback in the fourth or later. A lot of guys with potential here. I especially want Jordan Rodgers... but I must admit, it's partly because he's Aaron's brother.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Many of these quarterbacks that are still in the fourth round have a better arm than Ponder. Some have first round type of talent, but there's alarmingly much inconsistency.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast