HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Question Day 2 Of The 2013 Draft

It's Day 2 of the 2013 NFL Draft and the Vikings currently holds no picks in round 2 and round 3 after the Patriots trade.

What are the Vikings gonna do? Just take a day off and get ready to light it up on Day 3? Or trade back up in round 2 or round 3? In that case, do we use our draft picks or current players on the rosters?

Considering...
    a. The luxury of good players we have on defensive ends.
    b. All of our top four D-linemen are in their last contract year.
    c. We just signed Lawrence Jackson, a starter-caliber former first round pick at defensive end
    ... a trade looks possible in the horizon.

I hate to say it, but I think Brian Robinson might be the best option to trade. I'm so impressed by what I've seen of Everson Griffin that I think he can easily replace Robinson. That is not a knock on Robinson at all, but a testament to how good I think Everson is. Everson is also 25 years old, Robinson is 30. Robinson does not have any character concerns, but it looks like Everson has really matured.

Based on how highly pass-rushers are valued these days, I think we can easily get a third rounder for Brian Robinson.

Other trades I would be willing to make:
    1. Cris Cook for a second or third round pick.
    2. Christian Ponder for a second round pick... just kidding!

.. But more importantly, are there any players that are worth trading up for?

2013 NFL Draft: Best remaining players

It's rare to see this many big names still available heading into the second round of the NFL draft. Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o, West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, USC quarterback Matt Barkley and a whole host of teams still looking for quarterbacks should make Friday the most intriguing "Day 2" of the NFL draft since the league changed to the Thursday night Round 1 format.

1. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama: Lacy's problem: There's not a logical fit for him early in the second round. The Arizona Cardinals?

2. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: If the Jacksonville Jaguars don't take him to start the second round, the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Cardinals make logical options.

3. Jonathan Cyprien, FS, Florida International: Cyprien's ability to cover a large area of land in a few steps is incredible.

4. Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State: Eight offensive linemen went off the board on Thursday. Another one should go off the board early Friday.

5. Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State: There's a strong argument to be made he is more talented than teammate Bjoern Werner. (And a lot of other pass rushers.)

6. Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse: There's a good chance Nassib goes to the Jaguars, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport said earlier in the week. He shouldn't last long.

7. Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State: One of Te'o's issues: There still are good linebackers out there like Brown, and LSU's Kevin Minter.

8. Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State: He has the profile of a long-term NFL starter.

9. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama: He got lost in the defensive tackle shuffle, but Williams has a dynamite skill set.

10. Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

11. Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU

12. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

13. Keenan Allen, WR, California

14. D.J. Swearinger, SS, South Carolina

15. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

16. Matt Barkley, QB, USC

17. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

18. Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia

19. Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

20. Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Sigh.......

Draft has a butt load of pass rushing DE's that can be had for a pick.

We rotate our DE's alot.

Larry Jack is a camp body. If he was anything else, the Lions would have grabbed one of the butt load of pass rushing DE's.

In the end, its more plausible that the staff, after having 2 players fall into their laps they didn't expect, decided that getting Patterson was more important than to let him pass so they spent picks on him and will execute their backup plan at MLB.

My guess, you won't see much activity from the Vikings tonight.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Sigh.......

Good. It's Turkey opener tomorrow morning so I need to hit the hay early.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

yeah.... me too. *Sigh* I guess Spielman is starting to spoil me a bit

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Good. It's Turkey opener tomorrow morning so I need to hit the hay early.
    Our season has been open for 3 weeks. Haven't even sanded and chalked by calls.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg