Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Why isn't he starter material? I was at training camp and watched the three and have seen quite a few guys at camp over the years and he seems to have a pretty rare arm and seems to always move the ball when he is on the field. I will admit I cannot see everything that he does because I am not at meetings etc but by god I would be willing to bet a case of beer that he would be a far better QB than TJ after 5 years if he was given the same chance.
    I honestly just don't think he is smart enough to be a competent leader in the NFL. He is an awesome athlete, and he moves the ball well. I really like the guy. But he is not a franchise quarterback. No arguments that he would have more success than TJ, but that's not saying much.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Why isn't he starter material? I was at training camp and watched the three and have seen quite a few guys at camp over the years and he seems to have a pretty rare arm and seems to always move the ball when he is on the field. I will admit I cannot see everything that he does because I am not at meetings etc but by god I would be willing to bet a case of beer that he would be a far better QB than TJ after 5 years if he was given the same chance.
    Webb's strength is his scrambling / running ability. If the trend continues we will be seeing 8 guys in the box. Webb won't have much running room. On 3rd and long they play a zone daring him to throw and have a linebacker spy him.

I know people like to bring up last years Eagles win but teams had very little game tape on Webb. There is no surprise that in the very next game against Detroit he looked awful.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Webb's strength is his scrambling / running ability. If the trend continues we will be seeing 8 guys in the box. Webb won't have much running room. On 3rd and long they play a zone daring him to throw and have a linebacker spy him.

I know people like to bring up last years Eagles win but teams had very little game tape on Webb. There is no surprise that in the very next game against Detroit he looked awful.
    Also, in the eagles game, Webb didn't exactly play well as a passer. He was alright, didn't screw up for us, but he wasn't a good passer. We ran well, he didn't make costly mistakes, and our D was what got us the win, not Webb.

For a 6th round rookie in his first start, he did well.

For an NFL quarterback, he had a very mediocre outing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Also, in the eagles game, Webb didn't exactly play well as a passer. He was alright, didn't screw up for us, but he wasn't a good passer. We ran well, he didn't make costly mistakes, and our D was what got us the win, not Webb.

For a 6th round rookie in his first start, he did well.

For an NFL quarterback, he had a very mediocre outing.
    I totally agree. I think we got him for a great value in the 6th round. He is also a great back-up. But he's not our franchise QB. You need a franchise QB to survive in this league right now.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post

Interesting take. I actually thought his arm was his best asset to be honest. I just don't know if he can learn the plays and how to read a defense. If he can then he will be lethal and I am not talking about as a runner. If he can't then yeah he has no future

Blog Entries
    Interesting take. I actually thought his arm was his best asset to be honest. I just don't know if he can learn the plays and how to read a defense. If he can then he will be lethal and I am not talking about as a runner. If he can't then yeah he has no future
    Just imagine if we could combine Ponder's intelligence with Webb's athelticism. LOL. We'd be Super Bowl contenders.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Just imagine if we could combine Ponder's intelligence with Webb's athelticism. LOL. We'd be Super Bowl contenders.
    . I have to think at that point we wouldn't want him until he was about 40 and beat to hell

Blog Entries
    . I have to think at that point we wouldn't want him until he was about 40 and beat to hell
    And you'd have to give Marrdro those 20 years to think of a nickname worse than The Noodle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12