Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David Dixon

sureban is offline Rookie

David Dixon

I still think the worst move of the year was releasing David Dixon. The Vikings knew that Birk might not have been 100 percent healthy, yet they chose to leave 2 line positions (beside eachother) in chaos. Not to mention Mike Rosenthal's unknown status.With 4/5ths of the line being disrupted by the insertion and seemingly endless switching of linemen; terrible performance resulted.

I feel the line has gotten better, although the team seems to be thinking about inserting G Toniu Fonoti . . .

I think Dixon's skills would have helped with O-line stability and proficiency. Culpepper may have had better protection vs. Tampa Bay. His knee may not have been injured (which I believe led to inaccuracy and trepidation in later games). The Offense may have been more effective (read: Run Game).

The Offense was supposed to protect the fragile Defence early in the season, yet its ineffectiveness and inability to sustain drives or score has led to the poor win-loss record of the Team. The Defense has been on the field too often and too long in many games this season.

Just a rant,
    Mark.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: David Dixon

I agree letting Dixon go was a huge mistake. They kind of took him for granted, he was simply a slightly above average blocker. Yet, that's way better than a rookie or a backup.

Although, next year, if Birk comes back near 100% and the rest of our o-line with a solid year of experience remains intact our offense will be scary.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Sureban, good post, very succinct!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Good post, sureban!

Funny how they don't bring in Dixon early...then they want him but he doesn't want to come back because he is overweight...then they trade for Fonoti, who needs to lose a ton of weight before he can start playing. They could have just saved themselves a ton of trouble and signed Dixon early (since he WAS willing to come in as a backup, he would not have stood in the way of the development of any of the young OL...and probably would have helped accelerate their learning curve).

Just ONE MORE example of the ineptitude of the Viking coaching staff and front office.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Good post, sureban!

Funny how they don't bring in Dixon early...then they want him but he doesn't want to come back because he is overweight...then they trade for Fonoti, who needs to lose a ton of weight before he can start playing. They could have just saved themselves a ton of trouble and signed Dixon early (since he WAS willing to come in as a backup, he would not have stood in the way of the development of any of the young OL...and probably would have helped accelerate their learning curve).

Just ONE MORE example of the ineptitude of the Viking coaching staff and front office.
    He wouldn't have stood in there way at all. The coach would have grabbed Johnson and yanked him out during that TB game and Dixon would have been right in their.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"ineptitude"

In reference to the foxsports comments on the Giants losing the game to the Vikings due to their "ineptitude".

It's this simple the Vikings 5 losses haven't been about the teams they played beating them on the field or playing better than them, they've been about the Vikings' "ineptitude".

We should be 9-0. Dang ineptitude!

The more I read/say that word, the more I hate it.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with everything but the point of Peps knee getting hurt. That has nothing to do with the OL. It's how he was hit during a run. He was already about 15 yards upfield. Can't blame that on the line. We can't even say if the line was better because Pep ran alot even when the line was good.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"ejmat" wrote:
    I agree with everything but the point of Peps knee getting hurt. That has nothing to do with the OL. It's how he was hit during a run. He was already about 15 yards upfield. Can't blame that on the line. We can't even say if the line was better because Pep ran alot even when the line was good.
    i believe that aren't talking about when he blew out his knee. i think they are talking about in the Tampa Bay game where he originally injuried his knee but it was much more minor

Thanks Josdin

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

the thing that really pissed me off is that they let him go after probably his best year as a pro. he was a beastr last season.

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    i believe that aren't talking about when he blew out his knee. i think they are talking about in the Tampa Bay game where he originally injuried his knee but it was much more minor
    Yes the TB game when it was tweeked. The game that started the deer in the headlight look.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast