Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David Dixon

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: David Dixon

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    OK, as bad as Withrow played, replacing him with a backup o-lineman from the Browns last year is certainly not the answer. While Fowler is versatile, you're seriously kidding yourselves if you think he's going to play any better than Withrow. We should have just given Birk the guarantee, but it's too late now.

You apparently don't know much about folwer then if you think there is no chance that he replaces withrow. Withrow is an undersized center, and it showed when he was manhandled by Hoavn, of all people, yesterday. We are just plain gonna struggle to run the football with Withrow starting at center for us, as we did last season in his starts. Fowler has got some size at 6-3, weighing around 300 lbs.

It won't be long before fowler is in there starting IMO. That will help our inside running game, especially if we can get goldberg or marcus johnson to play decent at RG. Goldberg did a good job yesterday, suprisingly.

I don't get why we ran so many inside runs yesterday, with the way our inside lineman were playing. I was shocked that we didn't try getting Bennett outside, the only place he is effective.

That's what I'm talkin about!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Its so crazy...our offensive line was once the elite line in the nfl...now its held together bye tape and glue...

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Its so crazy...our offensive line was once the elite line in the nfl...now its held together bye tape and glue...
    Some of the pros of keeping Tice as our coach were that atleast our line will be good as long as he is here.

Granted there is an injury to the ProBowl center but I don't think that is the whole problem.

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Sadly, I've been thinking the same thing. What's even crazier is that both our head coach and offensive coordinator are both o-line coaches...WTF? The first solution should be to seperate Loney's duties (O-coordinator/O-line). He should be doing one or the other, not both IMO.
    Even babies know the difference.

...and bring back Dixon. Why did they ever let him go anyway? He played pretty darn good last season from what I remember.
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123