Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Dixon

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

David Dixon

We need to go get this guy out from retirement whatever it takes...grab him from wherever he is....I belive some highschool helping out and get him in here! Also the center we traded for get him up to speed and get him going........No panic, just make the changes now so we are not 0-3, 0-4 out the gate, give Mewelde some aspirin and let's go......One thing about todays game; even with all the errors we were within one play of winning, love our defense! Especially when they get into 4 quarter game shape.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: David Dixon

Yes, I don't know why we didn't bring back Big Dave long ago. He is willing to play for cheap, he has alot of experience and would provide much needed veteran presence for the O-Line. Plus, I think he has a good year left in the tank! but only if we could get him in here and in shape soon.

I was very pleased with the D. I knew they had it in them all offseason.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Big Dave. I was for having him back all offseason, even if as a backup (he would have accepted little money). The problem now is he MIGHT not be in football shape and ready to go.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VegasLadyJae" wrote:
    We need to go get this guy out from retirement whatever it takes...grab him from wherever he is....I belive some highschool helping out and get him in here! Also the center we traded for get him up to speed and get him going........No panic, just make the changes now so we are not 0-3, 0-4 out the gate, give Mewelde some aspirin and let's go......One thing about todays game; even with all the errors we were within one play of winning, love our defense! Especially when they get into 4 quarter game shape.
    As you say no panic and I think we'll see Fowler hitting some serious practice reps this week in order to learn the playbook and be in a position to start at center. Dixon would be good to bring back to play but could also offer a lot in terms or teaching and guidance - especially for Johnson and Withrow.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

The games Withrow played last year, he did fine. I don't see hitting the panic button. Pulling Dixon outta retirement is doing just that. They played an awesome D, and will get it adjusted. The rookie, well, he is a rookie. Once Goldberg got in the game, we did ok. Our line had about the same trouble early as they did with our 335. Defense always has an advantage early in the year. I do however hope they start Goldberg and let the rookie come along and win his spot back.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

OK, as bad as Withrow played, replacing him with a backup o-lineman from the Browns last year is certainly not the answer. While Fowler is versatile, you're seriously kidding yourselves if you think he's going to play any better than Withrow. We should have just given Birk the guarantee, but it's too late now.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

"JDogg926" wrote:
    OK, as bad as Withrow played, replacing him with a backup o-lineman from the Browns last year is certainly not the answer. While Fowler is versatile, you're seriously kidding yourselves if you think he's going to play any better than Withrow. We should have just given Birk the guarantee, but it's too late now.
    One more game from Withrow like this last one and Fowler will be in there....Dixon knows the offense and he is more of a run guy...I believe......The way Tice is so personal I also believe contact has been made regarding returning.......

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

im hoping dixon will return, sorry but i got to post this notre dame 17 michigan 10 --go irish lol...anyways back to vikes...Dixon knows the offense...and if you want my honest opinion withrow needs to go and this year we need another large lineman in the draft..another hopefully from miami lol

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    im hoping dixon will return, sorry but i got to post this notre dame 17 michigan 10 --go irish lol...anyways back to vikes...Dixon knows the offense...and if you want my honest opinion withrow needs to go and this year we need another large lineman in the draft..another hopefully from miami lol
    HaHa, you had me laughing with that Notre Dame thing......I had Notre Dame + 7 and moneyline out here but I don't know about this week they choke at home sometimes.........Yep we need Dixon now....Before he gets too out of football mind and shape...If I was Daunte I would be begging for this guy to return.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Notre dame by 4 lol..hey is MS lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast