Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

David Boston possibly out for season?

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This could Wannstads swan song in the NFL, he could be done as a coach if they don't make the playoffs.

I don't see it that way at all. I think this gives dave a free pass into next season. They can't seriously think he is suppose to take this team to the playoffs without 2 of it's three main offensive weapons.
    If the phins don't make the post season Wanstadt will definately get canned. They should have been one of the best teams for the last couple of years and they have done nothing. They were talking about firing him after last year. They won't let another year go by if they don't get in this year, and I can't blame them.

How can he be judged by what this team does? They lost their whole offense when ricky retired. They lost all chances of having a new passing style of offense when boston got hurt. No way you can fire him for what this team does this year. I agree, that he should have been fired the last 2 years, but to fire him for not doing good with this team? NO WAY.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "BigEasyViking" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This could Wannstads swan song in the NFL, he could be done as a coach if they don't make the playoffs.

I don't see it that way at all. I think this gives dave a free pass into next season. They can't seriously think he is suppose to take this team to the playoffs without 2 of it's three main offensive weapons.
    If the phins don't make the post season Wanstadt will definately get canned. They should have been one of the best teams for the last couple of years and they have done nothing. They were talking about firing him after last year. They won't let another year go by if they don't get in this year, and I can't blame them.

How can he be judged by what this team does? They lost their whole offense when ricky retired. They lost all chances of having a new passing style of offense when boston got hurt. No way you can fire him for what this team does this year. I agree, that he should have been fired the last 2 years, but to fire him for not doing good with this team? NO WAY.

Your right Muchluv he should have been fired the last 2 years but with Ricky retiring and Boston out for the year should not save his job if they don't have a good year. He had a very talented team and has not got the best from his players, if he doesn't get into the playoffs he is still gone.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Dave recently got a new contract extension(can't remember if it was after this last season or 2 seasons ago, I believe it was 2 years ago). With him getting an extension, after it looked like he should be fired instead, it showed that the owner believes in him and thinks he is the right man for the team. Because of this, I say he won't be judged on what this team does this year. If this team wins 8-10 games, it would be good and a great job coaching by dave, regardless of if they make the playoffs. Again I say that no way can they fire him for not taking this team into the playoffs, when they clearly have the talent to win maybe 8 or so games.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "silvermane" wrote:
    on top of all that ogunelye is still holding out. they will probably agree to a deal before the start of the season but it would at least be nice to have him at camp right now.

It sounds like they are looking at trading ogunleye for a speed WR, like possily rod gardner from the redskins. We all know daniel snider would give ogunleye a huge contract.
    Lets trade Kelly Campbell for OG, lol

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123