Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    David Boston possibly out for season?

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This could Wannstads swan song in the NFL, he could be done as a coach if they don't make the playoffs.


    I don't see it that way at all. I think this gives dave a free pass into next season. They can't seriously think he is suppose to take this team to the playoffs without 2 of it's three main offensive weapons.

  2. #12
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    David Boston possibly out for season?

    Wow, I would hate to be a Miami fan now.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  3. #13
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,993

    David Boston possibly out for season?

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Wow, I would hate to be a Miami fan now.
    Yeah, but you gotta take the good with the bad!!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  4. #14
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    David Boston possibly out for season?

    This kind of re-affirms my theory that upper body bulk is not necessarily better for receivers. Boston has always had leg problems, most likely related to his bulk, and the wear and tear his legs take, with all the leaping and everything involved with a receiver. That's why I was scared when Moss put on 10 pounds of muscle. I hope his legs (ie. bad ankle) can support the extra weight. We'll see.

    What was the last muscle bound receiver to have a lengthy career?

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    440

    David Boston possibly out for season?

    Yeah, but you gotta take the good with the bad!!
    We all know about that...

  6. #16
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    David Boston possibly out for season?

    Shannon Sharpe was pretty ripped, I heard he had a pretty good career . Granted he wasn't a WR but his body probably took as much or more wear and tear running down the middle.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  7. #17
    silvermane is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    145

    David Boston possibly out for season?

    on top of all that ogunelye is still holding out. they will probably agree to a deal before the start of the season but it would at least be nice to have him at camp right now.

  8. #18
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    David Boston possibly out for season?

    "silvermane" wrote:
    on top of all that ogunelye is still holding out. they will probably agree to a deal before the start of the season but it would at least be nice to have him at camp right now.

    It sounds like they are looking at trading ogunleye for a speed WR, like possily rod gardner from the redskins. We all know daniel snider would give ogunleye a huge contract.

  9. #19
    BigEasyViking's Avatar
    BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    709

    David Boston possibly out for season?

    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This could Wannstads swan song in the NFL, he could be done as a coach if they don't make the playoffs.


    I don't see it that way at all. I think this gives dave a free pass into next season. They can't seriously think he is suppose to take this team to the playoffs without 2 of it's three main offensive weapons.
    If the phins don't make the post season Wanstadt will definately get canned. They should have been one of the best teams for the last couple of years and they have done nothing. They were talking about firing him after last year. They won't let another year go by if they don't get in this year, and I can't blame them.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

  10. #20
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    David Boston possibly out for season?

    "BigEasyViking" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This could Wannstads swan song in the NFL, he could be done as a coach if they don't make the playoffs.


    I don't see it that way at all. I think this gives dave a free pass into next season. They can't seriously think he is suppose to take this team to the playoffs without 2 of it's three main offensive weapons.
    If the phins don't make the post season Wanstadt will definately get canned. They should have been one of the best teams for the last couple of years and they have done nothing. They were talking about firing him after last year. They won't let another year go by if they don't get in this year, and I can't blame them.

    I agree with you BigEasy; Wanstadt makes a deep run into the playoffs or he is gone, I don't know if just making the playoffs keeps his job.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Robison possibly needs surgery
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 09:50 PM
  2. Is Childress on his way out possibly this week???
    By tclawmen in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 02:14 PM
  3. David Boston DUI
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 06:08 AM
  4. What's David Dixon up to this season?
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 08:06 PM
  5. Possibly the stupidest quote I have ever read...
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 05:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •