Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Daunte offers to help free up FA money:

"cajunvike" wrote:
    A better gesture would be for him to convert his roster bonus to incentive money...oh wait, that would mean that he would actually have to earn it by playing.

I want him to stay and return to elite QB status!!!

Put your mouth where the money is!!!
    looks like someone just called him out. he will return to elite. it just better be in purple.
    We're bringing purple back.

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

Woo, GREAT news.

I think the media has been pretty harsh in how they've been portraying Daunte.

Let's just worry about the rehab now.

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

GOD DAMN... I FRIGGEN LOVE DAUNTE!!! I AM NO LONGER WORRIED AND CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT NOW!!!!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

First off, no matter what is said people will interpet it the way they want.

secondly, I believe that this is a wise move, either he was advized 2 it, or he saw an opportunity to show his good side to the public, (after several bad sides) It also show's that he's understanding the business side of things, which shows me he can think!!!!! now if we can get that thikning to happen game time we're getting a bigger, stronger, wiser QB!!!

thirdly.. I like the guy, as a QB and as a person. if he's going to be the face of the franchise he's gonna hve to become something of a (god i can't believe i'm saying this) <insert name of pill popping ice cream lickin cheesehead QB> of Minnesota.. Mn'rs are gonna hve to LIKE him, resepct him and believe in him.. with this statement he's opening that road a bit more.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    I don't know if I should believe he did that out of the goodness of his heart or for personal gain in the long run. I just can't wait 'til all this is sorted out.
    From the Pioneer Press
    Don't print that

Posted on Sun, Feb. 26, 2006

Some people believe Daunte Culpepper's offer to move his $6 million roster bonus due date to assist the Vikings with salary cap space is actually a way for the embattled quarterback to try to convert the roster bonus into a guaranteed signing bonus.

The Vikings, who are $23 million under the salary cap, don't need cap space. Minnesota wouldn't gain salary cap space by moving the date of a roster bonus; the only way to gain cap space would be to convert the roster bonus to a signing bonus and amortize it over several years.

If Culpepper is released before March 17, which still seems likely, the Vikings would owe him nothing.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Wilf plans to pay Culpepper's bonus
    Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:25:02 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said Saturday, Feb. 25, that the team plans to pay QB Daunte Culpepper his scheduled $6 million bonus and have the quarterback on the 2006 roster. Asked if he planned to pay Culpepper his bonus, which is due March 17, Wilf said, "Yes, yes." Asked if he could definitively say that Culpepper will be on the team, Wilf said: "That is our plan, yes. Always was."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Vikings | Wilf plans to pay Culpepper's bonus
    Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:25:02 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said Saturday, Feb. 25, that the team plans to pay QB Daunte Culpepper his scheduled $6 million bonus and have the quarterback on the 2006 roster. Asked if he planned to pay Culpepper his bonus, which is due March 17, Wilf said, "Yes, yes." Asked if he could definitively say that Culpepper will be on the team, Wilf said: "That is our plan, yes. Always was."
    Prophet, that has already been covered here in this thread. I wish he would have used a more descriptive title.

Zygmunt Speaks!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

njpurple is offline Training Camp

I am all for keeping Daunte.
    But comming in 3 times and trying to get a raise, being absent from your team
    Know he will move his bonus around sounds like he his backpeddling

Del Rio Guest

Smart move by Daunte.

Brad Johnson is starting the season and Daunte will have to work harder then ever to be physically able to play. He will also need to seriously hit the books, his teamates, and the coaches if he wants to take over the reigns.

What it all boils down to is if you want the team to win this year you should be rooting for both players to do extreemly well.

Gesture or damage control... it dosen't matter! I hope this whole "trade Culpepper,start Johnson" just gets put to bed.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast