Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Daunte offers to help free up FA money:

"vIker44" wrote:
    http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/13943733.htm

Culpepper said he offered to move his $6 million roster bonus, which is set to be paid on March 17, to another date, to help the Vikings.

"I have made a good faith gesture toward the organization by offering to move my roster bonus around if it will help clear more cap space to sign free agents," Culpepper said. "If I am not traded, I want to help coach (Brad) Childress make a serious run for the championship this year."
    +++++++++++++++++

Add this to multiple Vikings players opening "stumping" for the Vikings to keep Pepp so please let's put this whole gol 'darnit thing to bed..... it's crazy talk... let's move on to Free agents and draft picks.... let's get better.... let's take the next step UP the elite ladder......

Gullable. CPep's power play backfired on him. Didn't get shiat and realized where his bread was buttered. Problem for him, he still might be showen the door if the right offer comes in.

Goodbye, Gonete.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "vIker44" wrote:
    http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/13943733.htm

Culpepper said he offered to move his $6 million roster bonus, which is set to be paid on March 17, to another date, to help the Vikings.

"I have made a good faith gesture toward the organization by offering to move my roster bonus around if it will help clear more cap space to sign free agents," Culpepper said. "If I am not traded, I want to help coach (Brad) Childress make a serious run for the championship this year."
    +++++++++++++++++

Add this to multiple Vikings players opening "stumping" for the Vikings to keep Pepp so please let's put this whole gol 'darnit thing to bed..... it's crazy talk... let's move on to Free agents and draft picks.... let's get better.... let's take the next step UP the elite ladder......

Gullable. CPep's power play backfired on him. Didn't get shiat and realized where his bread was buttered. Problem for him, he still might be showen the door if the right offer comes in.
    You speak in riddles. :???: Explain. :lol:

SJHILL is offline Starter

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Great job Daunte. He really cares about the team and it shows here. All the rumors about him wanting to be traded should be gone after this.
    Nice gesture? or trying to make himself look like the good guy?...

This has really turned into a mess.......

Both sides need to come out in public and make cold hard statements....PERIOD.....Then I'll listen
    Isn't that kind of what DC just did?

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I don't know if I should believe he did that out of the goodness of his heart or for personal gain in the long run. I just can't wait 'til all this is sorted out.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

A better gesture would be for him to convert his roster bonus to incentive money...oh wait, that would mean that he would actually have to earn it by playing. Seeing as he missed half a season last year and will probably miss half a season this year, he should forego a year's worth of money so that the team can spend it on bringing in players to help OUR team win a championship!!!

Piddling gesture on Daunte's part...not enough to sway me!

I want him to stay and think that he can come back from his injury...but I want to see more from him...a renewed dedication to NOT repeat his performance from last season...and a commitment to study film until his eyeballs bleed if that is what it takes to return to elite QB status!!!

Show me the quan, Daunte...then Wilf will show it to you!!!

Put your mouth where the money is!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Great move, dont care what anyone thinks. You can think it was all just a ploy for him to save his arse....or maybe he knows how darn close this team is (see shaq) and wants to get a ring as badly as we all do. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I'm not tho....becuz as far as I concerned all this trade talk is nothing but talk...Noone from any team has said or conformed that we where talking to them about trading daunte. Yea it happened with Moss last year, noone thought we where forreal...but if you just think for a second....trading Daunte would be worse then trading Moss. We have the players to make a run now, we dont need to draft some BS rookie and hope he turns into Ben Rothlesburger. GOod move on his part IMO.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i really hope hes doing this to really help the team, and not just to clean up his own image
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

What it does, by defering his roster bonus, is give the organization more time to shop him before they trade or cut him if they choose.

They had until March 17 to decide, now they have that much longer.

Unless it's on paper & signed that he'll be guaranteed to get it on the postponed date no matter what.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'm with you Ned. Did PEP do this because he saw what a black eye he had and how fans were turning on him? We KNOW that trade talk wasn't just rumors. To many other teams confirmed it.
    I'm just in a wait and see mode.
    No WE don't know that trade talks weren't just rumors.

Wilf Tells Culpepper, No Trade is in the Works

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast