Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Daunte named nfc player of the week

Just like the Pro Bowl, fan for farve, we felt kevin williams should have made it last year but because we did not win, he didn't make it, also Brian Russell had outstanding statistics but we didn't win. Thats just how it goes. But seriously daunte is the man he deserves it.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"SKOL" wrote:
    Daunte has become a different player this year. In the past he's been more hesitant, and if something goes wrong he goes into a shell. That hasn't happened this year. He's been a leader.
    The last two yrs have been a transformation period into the Daunte you see now. He had to make mental adjustments that didn't let him showcase his athletic ability to the fullest. Like throwing the ball away and making calls at the line. It is all coming together. :thumbleft: :salute: :thumbright:

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Daunte played fabulous this week, but Favre threw -four- touchdowns.

That's a little bogus, but whatever :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

fan4favre is offline Starter

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Just like the Pro Bowl, fan for farve, we felt kevin williams should have made it last year but because we did not win, he didn't make it, also Brian Russell had outstanding statistics but we didn't win. Thats just how it goes. But seriously daunte is the man he deserves it.

I totally agree with you. Here is a bit of a strange problem though with the NFC "other nominees". Favre didn't even make that, though Javaon Walker did (I guess it is the receivers that make Brett who he is that is a career first). Strange. Favre's numbers were:

B.Favre 358 yards 4 touchdowns, 30-44 no interceptions, 123.1 (passer rating)

Keep in mind no quarterback in the nominee category matched Brett's stats. If losing a game doesn't get you nominated Walker shouldn't have even been there.

The other nominees:

# Seattle running back Shaun Alexander, who scored three touchdowns in the win against San Francisco, rushing for 52 yards and two touchdowns and added 22 yards receiving, including a three-yard touchdown catch.
    # New York running back Tiki Barber, who rushed for 106 yards on 23 carries, including an eight-yard touchdown run. He also added three receptions for 48 yards in the 27-10 home win versus Cleveland.
    # New Orleans quarterback Aaron Brooks, who completed 24 of 41 attempts for 316 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions for a 91.1 passer rating. He also added 27 yards rushing, helping the Saints end the Rams' 15-game home winning streak.
    # Atlanta running back Warrick Dunn, who rushed for 117 yards on 20 carries and added two receptions for 20 yards in a 6-3 win against Arizona.
    # Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb, who completed 29 of 42 attempts for 356 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, posting a 110.8 passer rating in a 30-13 win at Detroit.
    # Minnesota running back Onterrio Smith, who rushed for 94 yards on 17 carries and added six receptions for 104 yards.
    # Green Bay wide receiver Javon Walker, who posted 11 receptions for a career-best and NFL 2004 season-high 200 yards receiving, including touchdown catches of 36, 79 and 12 yards against Indianapolis.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

"Keep in mind no quarterback in the nominee category matched Brett's stats. If losing a game doesn't get you nominated Walker shouldn't have even been there"

- WHAT?! First off, Culpepper beat him in yards, He was only only 1 TD away (Culpepper ran for a TD and passes for 2). And finally Culpepper's WB rating was 127 to Favre's 123. I'm pretty sure they were close on stats....
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Del Rio Guest

How is this decided?

Is a vote from the fans?

If so I would think Favre doesn't stand a chance as there seems to be a new genre of QB with a cult following.

Does anyone know how this is determined?

The nominee category not the actual winner is my reference. Don't jump the gun. My whole point is the "nominee list". I'm not questioning the winner just the nominees.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    How is this decided?

Is a vote from the fans?

If so I would think Favre doesn't stand a chance as there seems to be a new genre of QB with a cult following.

Does anyone know how this is determined?

I feel that way too about the cult following.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Payton had a better day than Favre.

To put Favre on there and leave Manning off is like taking the Super Bowl MVP from the losing team.

They also probably only like to take one player from each game.

I don't think for the individual honor week by week is going to be the sole factor in determining the winner but it doesn't hurt to win.

I am talking about the NFC snowinapril good lord!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast