Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Daunte Moving On!!!!!

"singersp" wrote:
    But Culpepper has compounded that nightmare of a season by refusing to rehab his injury in Minnesota, like the Vikings have asked. He also skipped a face-to-face meeting with new coach Brad Childress, even though the two were in Minnesota at the same time earlier this year.
    The kicker came last week, when Culpepper's agent said he would still look to renegotiate Culpepper's contract to keep him among the highest paid players in the league, despite his monumental struggles in the first seven games of last season and an injury that could keep him from ever regaining the Pro Bowl form he once had.
    A. There was never a scheduled face-to-face meeting.

B. The agent tried to renegotiate Dauntes contract , without Dantes permission. That is one reason why Ashe is no longer representing DC.

Singer, it has come out over the last couple of days in a couple of newspaper articles that the day that C-pep had requested his meeting with Wilf and the top officials to talk of restructuring his contract (that only Brezinski was there and told Daunte that they would not look at restructuring his contract), that he did have a scheduled face to face meeting with Childress and that Daunte was so mad that Wilf would not meet with him and talk about redoing his contract that he blew off the meeting with Childress and stormed out of Winter Park. It also said that Childress final was able to get Daunte on the phone and they talked for about 45 minutes, but apparently the did have a face to face scheduled!

Culpepper dumps his agent
    The Vikings quarterback may take a more direct role in contract negotiations.
    Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: January 25, 2006 – 12:20 AM

Culpepper dumps his agent

Where will Culpepper's future lie?

Vikings offer key job to Foley

Vikings: Denver official next on wish list
    Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper followed through Tuesday on a long-rumored move, firing agent Mason Ashe. The decision led to a possibility that apparently has been brewing for months: Might Culpepper replace Ashe with ... himself?
    Culpepper has told at least one member of the organization that he planned to negotiate his next contract personally as part of a year-long plan to get more involved in his business affairs. Culpepper, in fact, said last summer after accepting an $8 million raise: "I'd rather deal with stuff on a one-on-one basis. Sometimes that is the best way."

It is highly unusual for NFL players to represent themselves in contract negotiations, given both their legal intricacies as well as the potential for hard feelings created when a player has no buffer between management. For that reason, Culpepper almost assuredly will hire someone with a legal background to assist in the matter, but he appears intent on at least taking the lead.

Culpepper did just that earlier this month after the Vikings refused Ashe's offer to begin renegotiating Culpepper's contract. The following week, Culpepper circulated a letter to key members of the organization, including owner Zygi Wilf, calling for a face-to-face meeting to spark talks.

That meeting fizzled when Rob Brzezinski, vice president of football operations, speaking for Wilf, told Culpepper that the contract would not be changed. Culpepper reportedly stormed out of Winter Park and skipped a scheduled face-to-face meeting with coach Brad Childress.

Neither Culpepper nor Ashe have responded to interview requests from the Star Tribune, but Ashe told the Associated Press that the pair had "mutually agreed to part ways."
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

From KSTP.com;

[size=18px]Gannon: Culpepper needs to focus on game[/size]

Updated: 01/27/2006 11:21:16 PM

After Daunte Culpepper fired his agent earlier this week, there was some speculation about who he’d hire as a replacement – or if he’d even hire another agent.

Culpepper said he would like to take a more hands-on approach to being the team’s quarterback after firing his longtime agent Ashe.

Seventeen-year quarterback veteran Rich Gannon thinks Daunte should hire a new agent to help him out of his off-season of challenges, which has included his recovery from a knee injury to a demand for a new contract.

“Daunte needs to focus on the football end of things,” says Gannon. “He needs to focus on getting healthy.”

Gannon says playing and negotiating just do not mix.

“This guy is one of the top quarterbacks in the league, and he should have the best representation,” Gannon says.

Culpepper continues to heal his knee in Florida. Vikings head coach Childress still refers to him has the franchise quarterback

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Culpepper just hire me! I promise I'll only ask for 1% of your salary and I'll get you that cash money!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

The Vikes asked him to take a pay cut (because of his situation) and his agent thought he should do so. DC got mad and fired him!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"nogathomasmillarddoleman" wrote:
    The Vikes asked him to take a pay cut (because of his situation) and his agent thought he should do so. DC got mad and fired him!!
    Where did you get this info from?

Just my opinion, bro.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"nogathomasmillarddoleman" wrote:
    Just my opinion, bro.
    That is cool, I respect that and I hadn't thought of that as a possibility, but it helps to say IMO or IMHO. If you don't specify, it can really cause major irritations with out a source or an explanation.

Thanks, for clearing that up for me.

Sorry. Point taken.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910