Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Culpepper back in Minnesota next season?

Hopefully this offseason I will get another invitation from the Vikings to at least come in for a sit-down visit!
    I think Daunte would be a better choice over Mcnabb for next season. After watching Culpepper play in the UFL this season it's obvious he has lot's left in the tank.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Culpepper back in Minnesota next season?

Quote Originally Posted by "Culpepper_4717" #1085017
    Hopefully this offseason I will get another invitation from the Vikings to at least come in for a sit-down visit!
    I think Daunte would be a better choice over Mcnabb for next season. After watching Culpepper play in the UFL this season it's obvious he has lot's left in the tank.

I know that the league has improved, but Brooks Bollinger was the UFL MVP in 09

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Re: Daunte"looking forward to going back to Minnesota"

I never wanted to leave Minnesota. Coach [Brad] Childress really jumped the gun in my opinion in terms of evaluating my ability to be his quarterback. For the last two offseasons I have tried to get him to consider giving me an opportunity to prove that I could help the team, but he had other plans. I respect his decision, but I do disagree with how things ended.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper plays in the UFL for a reason. He sucks. I don't want that bum back. Move on and get new players. Start with drafting a QB in the first round
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1085319
    Culpepper plays in the UFL for a reason. He sucks. I don't want that bum back. Move on and get new players. Start with drafting a QB in the first round
    We don't like to draft Quarterbacks in the first round. Haven't done it since 99, and that was Daunte. Tommy Kramer is the only other first round QB from the Vikings.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1084032
    I really really really really really hope that Favre is one of them. For Marrdro's sake.
    LOL. You guys on PPO sure know how to crack me up. Well played my friend.:laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1084152
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1084025
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1084024
    Like I said, he got hurt running too much.
    He didn't get hurt until halfway through that season. He sucked for that entire season.
    Our OL sucked that season, even worse than it does now. Birk was out for the season & they tried 4-5 alternatives at center & didn't get it half-ass working right until mid-way thru the season. They were constantly switching guards & tackles around also.

It was in a state of constant change for half the season or more.

The biggest factors: Losing Birk to surgery for the entire season & the retirement of David Dixon.

Quite frankly, our OL has never been the same since Stringer died. Sad, but true.
    Wasn't that the year Birk could have played injured, and would have, if they would have got a deal done. The staff said no, so Matt sat out, if memory serves.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Culpepper_4717" #1085312
    I never wanted to leave Minnesota. Coach [Brad] Childress really jumped the gun in my opinion in terms of evaluating my ability to be his quarterback. For the last two offseasons I have tried to get him to consider giving me an opportunity to prove that I could help the team, but he had other plans. I respect his decision, but I do disagree with how things ended.
    When it comes to players that turn thier back on the organization (ala CC) I turn my back on them. Once a man does that you just can't trust them anymore. My guess, thats why the Chiller (staff) wouldn't give him another chance.

In he end, he should have come up and at least talked with the staff instead of hiding down there in his little strip mall he called a "Workout Facility".

On a side note.....It wasn't like they didn't want him. Hell, I think the Chiller took the job mostly cause of Pepp.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123