Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Fan Poll

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re: Daunte Fan Poll

Elite.

His main problem is his mental game.

I hope that this time he has had to watch the Vikings without him has prompted him to think about this aspect and gain the resolve to improve.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Elite. His record year in '04 was no fluke.

This thread could get ugly like the other 10 Pep threads. :???:

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"There will be 100s of threads about Daunte this offseason and there are supporters and non-supporters among the ranks. Maybe we can see what the breakdown is based on this poll...then again, maybe not."

If this is your goal, then I think you could do some work to improve the selections in the poll. I think the selections could be a bit more balanced; there's basically one favorable selection, one middle of the road selection, and three negative ones (furthermore, Apologist of what?). And as for the negative ones, you're attaching subjective opinion to a rank, which may actually influence people's decision to pick that option. Maybe relabel your selections to be:

on a scale of one to five, with five being the best, how would you rate DC as a QB?
    5 elite QB
    4 above average
    3 middle of the road
    2 a decent back-up, at best
    1 a terrible QB

With this strategy, you have responses that can be fairly compared and you let people write in further subjective assessment of DC. Qualifying assessments attached to the rank-order responses are just a big no-no in the survey design community.

He has the ability to be an elite QB and has shown that at times over the years. But the simple fact is that he is inconsistent. And, as I said in another post, none of this will matter if he doesn't come off this injury very well.

I have always supported Daunte. Even when he had fumbelitis. I supported him when he seemed to have cured it and played his MVP style year in 2004 and I still supported him when he caught another bad case of the turn-over flu the first half of last season. No matter who is named our starting QB (Brad or Daunte), I will back them 100%.
    Even babies know the difference.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I have liked Daunte from the beginning. I also liked Brad the first time we had him, and felt they were stupid to trade him. I have now changed my mind on that, the experence he brings now as a Superbowl winner is invaluable!

The one thing I find stupid is, that starters always play the whole game. I think it would be to the teams advantage for both QB's to alternate playing throughout the whole game. Especially when you have a good backup QB, as we have. Teamwork.

This is a physically demanding sport, the time to catch your breath, think, talk to your coach, talk to defense coordinater, etc, would be valuable. Teamwork.

It also would throw the defense off, not knowing what changes in offense is being made from change to change. Teamwork.

Result...Teamwork = Superbowl

Please explain why this would not be a good idea.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Daunte is ok, inconsistent, but with potential." sums up my view pretty well.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

IL-Vike is offline Training Camp

Elite.

His main problem is his mental game.
    Elite? An "elite" QB has his game together both physically and mentally. How can he be elite is his "main problem is his mental game?"

IL-Vike is offline Training Camp

I think the selections could be a bit more balanced; there's basically one favorable selection, one middle of the road selection, and three negative ones (furthermore, Apologist of what?). And as for the negative ones, you're attaching subjective opinion to a rank, which may actually influence people's decision to pick that option. Maybe relabel your selections to be:

on a scale of one to five, with five being the best, how would you rate DC as a QB?
    5 elite QB
    4 above average
    3 middle of the road
    2 a decent back-up, at best
    1 a terrible QB
    I agree.

vIker44 is offline Rookie

Some people believe one player makes the team.... it's rediculous.... The Vikings have had near the bottom defensive talent during Daunte's career thus far.... If he was not an elite QB how in the world could he have a year where only Peyton Manning beat him out numbers wise in 04???? Please explain that to me..... Thank goodness our new owner is steering this ship back on course.... Getting rid of Red and Tice is like giving new life to a franchise that has lived on the edge for years..... Super Bowl or bust baby.........
    it's tarv time............

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    I didnt agree with the Vikes picking Daunte in 99. We could have had Kearse and Samari Rolle with the two first rounders we had then. He has been a world beater and a schlump. More bad than good if you ask me. But as it usually goes, as soon as he leaves his first team he will win, win, win.
    So what do we do? Who can fill that void?
    Is there another Tom Brady out there that we could snag?
    What to do about Brad? I have more questions than ever.
    I have always liked Brad so it will be tough for me to let him go again. He has a good head on his shoulders and that is what you need above the physical talent.
    Daunte has proved that over and over. He has all the physical tools but has yet to mature. And would we have given this much leeway to anyone else given all the hype that came along with Pep?
    I am still not sold on Daunte, but I am not ready to let him move on either. Damned if ya do, damned if ya dont.
    Very good points.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast