Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Daunte In The Drivers Seat...

Possibly. Who knows? Wife, him, it doesn't really matter to me. He's the one whining to the media.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    My point exactly. Let him whine and cry on the bench for a year. The teams of the NFL need to get tough with these guys. Do things that hurt careers when they whine and cry like this. That's all Pep is doing. I admired the Eagles for taking a stand against TO. In essence Pep is doing the same thing except for he's not bashing players or the organization publically. He has a 10 year contract worth $102M. 3rd year of it. they restructured it last year when he did so well in 2004. He wanted it done again this year after a horrible year and a possible career ending injury to boot. I liked pep as much as the next person but he's acting childishly.
    Could it be Dauntes wife pushing him to make these demands?

The money, the trade, etc.

I was married for 17 years & know how influential they can be.
    you mean manipulative lol

Del Rio Guest

He's in no way shape or form laughing.

No one wants him. We own his rights and we have no legal obligation to pay him a 6 million dollar bonus. If we can't get a trade you make him sit.
    he wont be ready to play anyway.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"JDante" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    How about Pep being a Packer?? ukeright: ukeright: ukeright:
    Posted March 11, 2006

Take this suggestion in, Packers fans.
    how many packer fans do you think are on this site???

u dont see that section called Packer Hillbillies?

there is a Pack Sucks! Gallery
    A place for Packer Jokes
    You can even Warp your favorite Packers face.

i dont think there are alotta pack fans on here.

but, as a vikings fan, i i would LOVE to see Culpecker as a packer. we can just easily talk about it. think of all tha names, culpecker, culpacker, cheesepepper i mean it would never end.

but tha pack dont want no Daunte Culpepper are u serious they want some young guy.

cutler??? nah they need defense. well theyll draft a qb eventually.

and i can see brees as a packer too.

but not pep

no no not daunte culpepper
    Hey, I'm just reporting a rumor about a QB that (for now) is a Viking.

But we could have fun out of it, if it happened. Couldn't we? :sign5:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

If they can't get a trade they will cut him. They are not going to pay him money and let him take up a roster spot. Its just not Wilfs style. He is more of a cut your losses and move on kind of guy IMO.

Also its not the TOA that is at fault here. Wilf said he would pay the 6 mil, Childress said he was the franchise QB and would be back. The problem is CP wouldn't come to MN he wouldn't meet with anyone except about money and he showed no interest in starting to learn the new offense. I am sticking with my original prediction of he will be gone at noon on the 16th. :smile:

WWBGD

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

no deal has been made how do you know? the vikings could have a deal and they have a few weeks to let someone out bid the other team.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Trade Rumors Continue To Surround Culpepper
    Mar 11, 2006 11:29 am US/Central
    WCCO

(WCCO) Minneapolis Trade rumors surrounding Minnesota Vikings' quarterback Daunte Culpepper are running rampant after Culpepper sent an e-mail to the media saying he wanted out of the Vikings organization.

"If a trade does not happen then I am asking the Vikings to terminate my contract as soon as possible," Culpepper said Wednesday in an e-mail to reporters.

As rumors of a trade increased Thursday night, and on Friday, it seemed as though a Culpepper trade was not a matter of if it would happen, but where and when.

After the free agency period kicked in at 11:01 p.m. Friday, there was still no word of Culpepper's status.

Culpepper said Wednesday the Vikings were shopping him. Numerous sources told WCCO-TV that Culpepper's e-mail missive was the last straw for the Vikings organization in attempting to come to terms with the three-time Pro Bowler.

Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf told both Twin Cities dailies that the team did not have a done deal with any other NFL team Thursday night.

"We're addressing the situation," Wilf told the Star Tribune in its Friday morning edition, adding that he thinks reports of an imminent trade are guesswork.

While no team has been ruled out, the Oakland Raiders appear to be the frontrunners in pursuit of Culpepper. Other teams in the mix include the Miami Dolphins, the Baltimore Ravens and the St. Louis Rams.

On Friday, the New Orleans Saints emerged as a team in hot pursuit of Culpepper, but later said they were out of a possible Culpepper deal.

The Saints are now pursuing San Diego Chargers' quarterback Drew Brees, as are the Dolphins, who prefer him over Culpepper.

Culpepper does have connections to the teams that appear to be most interested. His former teammate, Randy Moss, was traded to the Raiders last year and Moss spoke out within the last few weeks about the possibility of a reunion with Culpepper.

The Raiders have also cut Kerry Collins, opening the door for Culpepper.

The Rams' head coach, Scott Linehan, used to be the Vikings' offensive coordinator.

Culpepper is currently without an agent, which further complicates the negotiation process.

The quarterback himself isn't talking; Wednesday's e-mail is his most recent public comment. One NFL player who's close to Culpepper told WCCO's Mike Max that the quarterback has not been returning his phone calls.

Culpepper, 29, was plagued during the 2005 season with both on and off field problems. During the Oct. 30 game against the Carolina Panthers, he suffered a season-ending knee injury. He had surgery to repair three torn ligaments in his right knee.

Insiders say it's almost impossible to establish a market value for Culpepper because of his injured knee, so the Vikings are seeking the highest bid.

There is some speculation that the quarterback, who was an 11th overall pick just seven years ago and was a three-time Pro Bowl starting quarterback, could be traded for as little as a third round draft pick.

Before the injury, Culpepper was having one of his worst seasons, throwing twice as many interceptions as touchdowns, helping the Vikings to a 2-5 start.

One of the unknowns in the situation is when Culpepper will be ready to return from his injury. He is expected to return in early fall but has said that he would be ready to return by training camp.

Culpepper has also been charged with three misdemeanors, stemming from a boat party on Lake Minnetonka on Oct. 6.

Max said Culpepper has told others he feels he's become a scapegoat for the boat party scandal and believes he's been hit harder for that in comparison to the other three players who've been charged.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Fedje,

Just a word of caution. When you see this at the bottom of the article, you should probably just post the link.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    Fedje,

Just a word of caution. When you see this at the bottom of the article, you should probably just post the link.

Oh, okay. I did want to make sure credit was given. They usually don't mind if the credit is given, and the link to their page, which is what I did.

I'll do just the link next time.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Fedje,

Oh, okay. I did want to make sure credit was given. They usually don't mind if the credit is given, and the link to their page, which is what I did.

I'll do just the link next time.
    I do it just to be safe.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast