Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bruvikes is offline Waterboy

Re: Daunte In The Drivers Seat...

It doesn't seem like anyone's interested in trading for Culpepper since they figure we will cut him anyway. Culpepper wants out of Minnesota so why don't we put him on the PUP list or put him on the practice squad. I know it's alot of money for someone your not going to play, but someone has to make a stand. I can't see were these gifted players get to whine and gripe until they get traded. The Vikings have been more than fair to the man. Wilf said he was going to give him his 6 mil. and Culpepper wanted a bigger contract--- for what? He had just an outstanding year? Beside we don't even know if he will be able to play again. So sit him a year where he can't play for anybody, see if that changes his attitude. Then next year with him being healthy then maybe we can get something for him.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"Bruvikes" wrote:
    It doesn't seem like anyone's interested in trading for Culpepper since they figure we will cut him anyway. Culpepper wants out of Minnesota so why don't we put him on the PUP list or put him on the practice squad. I know it's alot of money for someone your not going to play, but someone has to make a stand. I can't see were these gifted players get to whine and gripe until they get traded. The Vikings have been more than fair to the man. Wilf said he was going to give him his 6 mil. and Culpepper wanted a bigger contract--- for what? He had just an outstanding year? Beside we don't even know if he will be able to play again. So sit him a year where he can't play for anybody, see if that changes his attitude. Then next year with him being healthy then maybe we can get something for him.
    Won't change his attitude, but that last sentence makes good sense!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Bruvikes" wrote:

If it was your 8 million would you be willing to pay it for him to sit on the bench for a year to see if you might get a better trade?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

How about Pep being a Packer?? ukeright: ukeright: ukeright:

Sheboygan Press

Posted March 11, 2006

Dave Lubach column: Culpepper for Walker? Imagine ...

Take this suggestion in, Packers fans.

Let it swirl around in your heads a bit before you start rattling off "are you crazy?" emails.

Javon Walker's latest hissy fit about his contract should be enough incentive to get him out of town. A new coaching staff doesn't need to deal with the old one's headache.

Maybe this idea came to me while watching the Wisconsin basketball team brick its way through Friday's Big Ten Tournament game against Indiana, but this suggestion could be the perfect solution to the Walker problem.

The Packers should call their friends to the west and trade headache for headache. One bad knee for another.

Yes, Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper for Walker.

A franchise quarterback for a receiver is always a good deal, and the Vikings would love to get that much for their disgruntled QB.

Of course, Brett Favre's snail's pace decision-making process makes this debate moot.

But the rumor sure makes for interesting debate, doesn't it?
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

JDante is offline Rookie

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    How about Pep being a Packer?? ukeright: ukeright: ukeright:
    Posted March 11, 2006

Take this suggestion in, Packers fans.
    how many packer fans do you think are on this site???

u dont see that section called Packer Hillbillies?

there is a Pack Sucks! Gallery
    A place for Packer Jokes
    You can even Warp your favorite Packers face.

i dont think there are alotta pack fans on here.

but, as a vikings fan, i i would LOVE to see Culpecker as a packer. we can just easily talk about it. think of all tha names, culpecker, culpacker, cheesepepper i mean it would never end.

but tha pack dont want no Daunte Culpepper are u serious they want some young guy.

cutler??? nah they need defense. well theyll draft a qb eventually.

and i can see brees as a packer too.

but not pep

no no not daunte culpepper
    Yea.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

They have Aaron Rodgers. Bottom line is I wouldn't mind a 2nd round pick for Pep. Then we can trade our 1st & 2nd higher up and get a stud pick. Not a bad thing. The other thing is if we can't get a 2nd rounder then sitting him for a year may not be so bad. Sure we would have to pay him his contract of $8. Wilf was willing to do that to begin with knowing he wouldn't be ready to play at the start of the season. We aren't going to get much for him so why not wait? It would piss him off. They could do the same to him as the Eagles did to TO. It has to be put in these players mind that the NFL is their boss. They do not run the NFL. The players today show lack of respect for the sport that's paying them millions and think they can do whatever they want. Take a stand here to teach people a lesson. I don't think we are going to spend all of the 31.5M anyway and out of his 8M only 2.3 goes against the cap. If we do hold onto him maybe we get more down the road.

Bruvikes is offline Waterboy

If I had to fork over the 8 million. NO But if you put things in perspective Wilf's value vs. mine It would be like me paying for a apeeding ticket Which in that case yes I would. I know that it's not proable but the point I'm trying to make is why can these athlete's who have a contract whine and cry and try and get more money before they prove there worth. I mean he is injured and wants more money. How much is enough/

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

My point exactly. Let him whine and cry on the bench for a year. The teams of the NFL need to get tough with these guys. Do things that hurt careers when they whine and cry like this. That's all Pep is doing. I admired the Eagles for taking a stand against TO. In essence Pep is doing the same thing except for he's not bashing players or the organization publically. He has a 10 year contract worth $102M. 3rd year of it. they restructured it last year when he did so well in 2004. He wanted it done again this year after a horrible year and a possible career ending injury to boot. I liked pep as much as the next person but he's acting childishly.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Pepp would never go to the Packers. The Vikings, as bad as they want to rid themselves of Culpepper, would never ever trade him to the Packers. They would cut him first, and make the Packers fight over him with the rest of the teams.

Why would they trade him to the packers? Pepp, everytime he played the Vikings, he would be out to prove something. I don't know how it would end, but either Pepp would screw up and not be able to read the defense, and get his a$$ handed to him by the Vikes, or he would lite the Vikings up with big a$$ plays, and take us out of the game very quickly. I don't want to take that chance, send him to the AFC......

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ejmat" wrote:
    My point exactly. Let him whine and cry on the bench for a year. The teams of the NFL need to get tough with these guys. Do things that hurt careers when they whine and cry like this. That's all Pep is doing. I admired the Eagles for taking a stand against TO. In essence Pep is doing the same thing except for he's not bashing players or the organization publically. He has a 10 year contract worth $102M. 3rd year of it. they restructured it last year when he did so well in 2004. He wanted it done again this year after a horrible year and a possible career ending injury to boot. I liked pep as much as the next person but he's acting childishly.
    Could it be Dauntes wife pushing him to make these demands?

The money, the trade, etc.

I was married for 17 years & know how influential they can be.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast