Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Daunte In The Drivers Seat...

...because no deal has been made, like we were all told, by the start of free agency.
    I figured Oakland (but they backed out) or Miami (who now want to heavily persue Brees) were gonna be the one's by now. BUT NOTHING.

Daunte is laughing in his knee brace as we speak, because Minny ain't gonna cut a physically gifted QB like him (back off, now. That don't mean he's a Brady) with nothing to show and he certainly isn't gonna remain on the team with that contract and his insanity.

If we don't find a buyer, is he gonna sit the bench, or start?
    Or will we cut him with f*** all to show?

My perspective after all this would be just to cut him and pay your condolences and best wishes.

Any thoughts??

Brewtal is offline Starter

Re: Daunte In The Drivers Seat...

There will be a trade Cpepper he is worth more then just cutting him, we will get something in return. Just not what the media has hyped his value up to what they want it to be. Don't get your hopes up for something great he is coming off a bad year and an injury.

Free agency has started, my friend, and the Vikes cannot have Daunte around because of all the hatred.

In plain words, HE MUST GO. He cannot play with this team after all that has happened.
    Do you understand that?

Lando is offline Rookie

If we can't get value then let him ride the pine ... once he is healthy he is more valuable, we have the cap space and $$!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Per ESPN news this morning, Oakland backed out of pursuing DC because they felt the asking price of a 2nd round pick was too high.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    Per ESPN news this morning, Oakland backed out of pursuing DC because they felt the asking price of a 2nd round pick was too high.
    I saw that last night while surfing for news. There are only a couple of teams interested...Dolphins, Titans, and Raiders. The Raiders dropped out because of the second round pick thing.

ESPN
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

He has got to go. He is way to much of a distraction now to keep him around. I hope that the Vikes can land Brees, but with all the talk, that seems highly unlikely.. What are our options? I know we have BJ, but what if for some reason he gets hurt, who will we have that can lead the team.

I know that Ferotte will be available, and he did good in our system. Chris Weinke is available, and he has a great arm. Just a little worried that we aren't going to have a solid backup. Griese, Feely, we need to address that very soon.

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

Saints to pursue Brees; Culpepper to Dolphins?

By Adam Schefter
    NFL Analyst

(March 10, 2006) -- New Orleans isn't feeling sorry for itself.

If anything, it is making the Saints even more determined to put on an enormous free-agent push, trying to convince players to make New Orleans the first stop on their free-agent tour once the signing period opens at 12:01 a.m. ET on March 11.

Will Drew Brees listen to what the Saints have to say?
    Don't be surprised to see them succeed.

Players atop the Saints wish list include San Diego's quarterback Drew Brees and Carolina's linebacker Will Witherspoon, two of the top players in this free-agent class. The Saints were expected to begin making immediate plans to try to bring both players to New Orleans for visits, especially Brees.

Landing Brees would be a boon for the Saints, and it potentially could alter the top of the 2006 NFL Draft.

Many are expecting the Saints to draft a quarterback, probably USC's Matt Leinart, with the No. 2 overall pick. But if the Saints can land Brees, they would have no need to draft a quarterback at No. 2. They then would look to trade out of the No. 2 spot, selling the pick to the highest bidder, and allowing the Saints the chance to move back in the draft for the right to land even more players.

The Saints have a lot riding on Brees. But the franchise and the city are ready to make their sell job.

DAUNTE UPDATE
    The Vikings spent much today on the phones, finalizing a deal for quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

As of 7 p.m. ET, it was difficult to pinpoint where Culpepper is headed.

But it's not difficult to pinpoint where he's not.

A Sunshine State native, Daunte Culpepper starred at the University of Central Florida.
    He's not being traded to New Orleans. A Saints official said the team is not in the running for Culpepper, and New Orleans will push hard for Brees.

A Raiders official said Oakland never made an offer to Minnesota, even though the two sides spoke. The Raiders official said the team is absolutely out of the Culpepper sweepstakes.

The Baltimore Ravens are not interested in Culpepper, and likely will be pursuing Kerry Collins.

Late today, a Jets official confirmed his team won't pursue Culpepper.

Unless some team is lying -- and the teams mentioned above were adamant in their responses -- that leaves the Miami Dolphins as the only team that has admitted to being in the market for a quarterback.

Culpepper probably would be thrilled at the idea of returning home to Florida. He would be happy, the Dolphins likely would be happy, and the Vikings would be happy.

Now we wait to see if this bit of sense makes reality.

JDante is offline Rookie

dam now we gotta cut im and get nothin back in return.

i mean do you honestly think that the whole brandnew organization is trying to keep a qb who has just recently demanded a trade? i mean, if we supposed to have a brandnew fresh start and everything, we not supposed to have problems like this on our franchise.

this whole situation was severely mismanaged. there is no one to blame but the triangle of authority on this one. if you were gonna trade culpecker in the first place they shoulda actually let HIM see what he could get out there and do it a couple days before the start of free agency. instead of ACTING like we really dint wanna trade him and then wait till tha last second and say ooh ooh i dont want him no more u take him.

now wtf we sposed to do? i mean might as well cut this is a brandnew start for tha minnesota vikings and we dont need no Ron Artes or Letrell Spreewell situation here where someoen is clearly not interested with stayin on tha team and doesnt really care whether or not they win or lose.

cut him wilf, we still got munny in minny.

and then get drew brees.
    Yea.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

[[b]quote="JDante"]dam now we gotta cut im and get nothin back in return.

i mean do you honestly think that the whole brandnew organization is trying to keep a qb who has just recently demanded a trade? i mean, if we supposed to have a brandnew fresh start and everything, we not supposed to have problems like this on our franchise.

this whole situation was severely mismanaged. there is no one to blame but the triangle of authority on this one. if you were gonna trade culpecker in the first place they shoulda actually let HIM see what he could get out there and do it a couple days before the start of free agency. instead of ACTING like we really dint wanna trade him and then wait till tha last second and say ooh ooh i dont want him no more u take him.

now wtf we sposed to do? i mean might as well cut this is a brandnew start for tha minnesota vikings and we dont need no Ron Artes or Letrell Spreewell situation here where someoen is clearly not interested with stayin on tha team and doesnt really care whether or not they win or lose
    [/b]

Have you been reading all the posts man I would not say it is the teams fault. Ever since Daunte started spouting off again that he wants to be traded or released on top of being "damaged goods" his trade value went down. I mean we had a deal with Oakland but they changed their mind and did not want to give up a 2nd round pick and all the other teams that have "fallen" off from the dc sweepstakes are probably in the same "BOAT" pun intended

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast