Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Daunte Culpepper interview(on SC)

"whackthepack" wrote:
    One of them is me, and battle lines are as bogged down as WWI! People are in their trenches and are lobbing schells across dead mans land!

It still baffles me that the media is saying that this is the worse trade ever, but there was no takers for C-pep. The Dolphin's didn't really pursue until Brees was out of the picture, a QB that had major shoulder surgery and wanted 10 million a year! Denny Green the guy who drafted him, no interest! Linehan, not interest! Tice, no interest! Oakland Raiders, no interest! If this was the steal of the century? Why were more teams not out there bidding?

Question about his knee, his mental health, his attitude and for the Vikings that he did not want to play here!
    Simple, these people (me included), are basing this on their gut FEELING that DC will return at a ProBowl level QB.

If you want the cows to stay home, you mend the fences. We didn't care about one particular Cow. We had the power to mend the fence, we had the leverage (contract) also.

All our arguments(stances) have been based on our own feelings.

P-Will said it best, "the only ones that will know what went on are DC, The Coach, and the Team."

You feel that DC didn't want to play here.
    I feel that management didn't want him here.

Who is right? You, Me, Neither, Both?

Spilt Milk
    Dead Horse
    Old Hat

Like Del and the Anchorman said, agree to disagree. No hard feelings!

Calmwind is offline Starter

At the end of last season I made one statement. "I don't care who they get rid of, I just want a hardworking winning football team." That said alot of things happened and I have taken them all in stride. Daunte was great and I will hang my 11 jersey right next to my 84's, 80's, 10's, 93's and other misc. jerseys. My take on Pep was Feast or Famine: Either he is really good or really bad. Sad thing is the really bad seamed to show up in the bigger games. I know alot of people are freaking out because C-Pep is gone but there was also alot of freaking in 2000 when Denny Green named Daunte Culpepper as the starter for the year. I for one had my doubts then, as alot of you do now. In the end I realize if I was such a great football mind and knew who and what we should do I would be doing it. I just love the Vikings thru it all.
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Calmwind" wrote:
    At the end of last season I made one statement. "I don't care who they get rid of, I just want a hardworking winning football team." That said alot of things happened and I have taken them all in stride. Daunte was great and I will hang my 11 jersey right next to my 84's, 80's, 10's, 93's and other misc. jerseys. My take on Pep was Feast or Famine: Either he is really good or really bad. Sad thing is the really bad seamed to show up in the bigger games. I know alot of people are freaking out because C-Pep is gone but there was also alot of freaking in 2000 when Denny Green named Daunte Culpepper as the starter for the year. I for one had my doubts then, as alot of you do now. In the end I realize if I was such a great football mind and knew who and what we should do I would be doing it. I just love the Vikings thru it all.
    Excellent Post!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Calmwind" wrote:
    Excellent Post!

Agree! Oh my god, me and Snow agree on something! Continue arguing later!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112