Del Rio Guest

Re: Daunte Culpepper interview(on SC)

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Well.. Think of it like this..

When people move on like die or whatever they are happier in heaven and people are happy that they are happy now..

Kinda the same thing I guess haha.. Be happy that he has moved on and is happy?

I don't know.. Just trying to cheer ya up!
    I'm not at that point yet I'll get there I guess. :cry:
    Ya, just be happy he is a live. :grin:

What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger! I guess that goes for you, me, all the other believers and DC.

Watch out AFC!
    I think you guys should make little buttons to have on your sig. Just a little DC maybe encased in a heart?

Then all the Daunte Haters can have their own.

That way when you guys continue to go back and forth in some DC gang related battle I know who to cheer for.
    \
    :scratch:
    These overtones in these posts.

This huge gap of air above everyones head that will remain here until he steps on the field and shows us what he has. There are definitive lines being drawn by some members. ProDaunte-AntiDaunte.......through out every thread they jab at each other back and forth. Now all they can do is wait to see who can tell who I TOLD YOU SO.

I think THOSE people should just label themselves now so they can get it out of the way. Do it now so when they try to collect some sort of glory a year from now we know.

Why fight over this? Seriously. It reminds me of a time in practice some guy kept holding me, I told him to knock it off. The next play he made it a point to hold me, so I socked him in the chin. The next play he socked me in mine, finally the third play we grabbed each others face masks and started swinging each other around.

Around and around we went not able to do anything but hold on and swing the other. Finally we both fell over....silence let us know the play was over and had been over for some time, every one was watching us and had a look of what the fuck was that handicapped display we just witnessed. Our coach even said it. We looked at each other laughed and went back to playing.

Both sides got their shots in here, and now you guys are just swinging each other around looking stupid. There comes a time you just laugh it off and let it go.

I'm not saying POLOGIRL, or anyone is specific is doing this. I am saying at some point this bickering between the two sides is going to have to stop. There is no glory to win. Everyone loses.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

No one is really taking shots at anyone though..

Some people are just upset and are showing it..

And others are putting in thier 2 cents on why Pep needed to be gone

But yah if bickering does start it shouldn't happen..

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Del I agree with you I am not arguing with anybody. I haven't argued at all. Everyone knows how I feel...I am immensely sad. That's all. I read post after post of hatorade and I don't respond at all. Only to the people that tell me to get over it. He's not our quarterback anymore. I don't know how to feel. But I do know one thing PPO better be the one place that I can say I loved Daunte otherwise I just don't belong here at all.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Del Rio Guest

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Trust me when I say there are select individuals going back and forth at each other. The Mod forums are full of examples to be discussed. These people more then likely know who they are.

I quoted Snow, because when he said the believers it made me think of the line drawn in the sand that is the only reason. Perhaps misplaced, intended to create peace.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah I spose there has been some of that..

It's really pointless too... Nothing we can do about it..

Del Rio Guest

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    Del I agree with you I am not arguing with anybody. I haven't argued at all. Everyone knows how I feel...I am immensely sad. That's all. I read post after post of hatorade and I don't respond at all. Only to the people that tell me to get over it. He's not our quarterback anymore. I don't know how to feel. But I do know one thing PPO better be the one place that I can say I loved Daunte otherwise I just don't belong here at all.
    Like I said there are a select few. I think those few are magnifying the grief of others who are just trying to deal with it.

Everyone knows you are not arguing.

Prophet Guest

It appears to me that there were many Daunte supporters, me included, just at different levels. Then the whole fiasco happened and he was traded and all hell broke loose.

I would break the Daunte folks into seven categories, ranked from supporter to non-supporter:

I. Daunte supporters (irrational hero status)

II. Daunte supporters (rational, see pros/cons, wish him well, plays for the Fins)

III. Former Daunte supporters (quit because of the recent fiasco)

IV. Former Daunte supporters (he no longer plays for the team)

V. Combo former Daunte supporters (recent fiasco + no longer on team)

VI. Non-Daunte supporters (rational, inconsistency, turnovers, etc.)

VII. Non-Daunte supporters (irrational loser status always)

Overlay that with the age range of fans we have on the site from ~12 yrs old to 60+ yrs and that layers another level of complexity on the issue.

Regardless of where you fall in the range, it is unlikely you are going to convince people to shuffle their position. They might over time, they might not. Who cares.

If I hurt anyone's feelings over the whole ordeal, I'm sorry. I'm just a fan like the rest of us are. The heated discussion just proves to me how deeply we all love the Vikings, regardless of our position on Daunte.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Here is a story on the Culpepper situation fron SC, and also some other news from VU.

Pepp Speaks
    By: Vikings Update Staff
    Date: Mar 16, 2006

In hopes of restoring his public image, Daunte Culpepper finally speaks out.

After months trapped within the cone of silence, Dolphins new QB Daunte Culpepper sat down with ESPN's Andrea Kremer. Culpepper, sporting a kicky razor-wire beard that could explain his absence from the media spotlight (those bad boys take time), told Kremer he expects to be ready for opening day of the 2006 season.

Culpepper, who reported to the Dolphins training facility to meet his new coaches and teammates, still played the role of misunderstood martyr.

The second part of the interview is scheduled to air on tonight's edition of "Sports Center" -- which Kremer teased Wednesday night as including Culpepper's side of the boat scandal.

VU has been told that the Dolphins intend to honor the $8 million Culpepper is due, but will change it slightly for cap relief by giving him $7 million in a roster bonus and $1 million in base salary.

In 80 starts with the Vikings, Culpepper had a record of 38-42. Over the last three years, the Vikings were 17-20 with Culpepper as their starter and 9-2 when he was sidelined.

THURSDAY NOTES
    * Dante DiTrapano, the agent for Randy Moss, was arrested Tuesday and charged with possession of crack cocaine. A spokesperson for his firm said that DiTrapano has been suffering from depression. An arrest on crack possession likely won't be the end of his depression.
    * Toniu Fonoti failed a physical with the Raiders Wednesday, putting him back on the free agent market. He is expected to meet the Bucs today.
    * The Vikings lost out on another safety candidate. Will Demps, who was scheduled to come to Winter Park Wednesday, signed a deal with the Giants.
    * Fullback William Henderson is said to be close to signing a contract with the Vikings.
    * The Giants, aside from taking Demps away, re-signed former Vikings offensive lineman Lewis Kelly.
    * Nate Burleson is in Seattle today to talk with the Seahawks. Burleson, a restricted free agent, would only require a third-round pick as compensation if he signs with the 'Hawks and the Vikings don't match.
    * Speaking of Seattle, there is still no word whether the 'Hawks are going to match the offer for guard Steve Hutchinson. Earlier in the week, Seahawks officials asked the league for clarification it they had to only match the contract particulars -- seven years, $49 million with $13 million up front -- or if they also had to meet the smaller contract stipulation about being the highest paid offensive lineman on the roster or his entire contract would be guaranteed

Pepp Speaks

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    It appears to me that there were many Daunte supporters, me included, just at different levels. Then the whole fiasco happened and he was traded and all hell broke loose.

I would break the Daunte folks into seven categories, ranked from supporter to non-supporter:

I. Daunte supporters (irrational hero status)

II. Daunte supporters (rational, see pros/cons, wish him well, plays for the Fins)

III. Former Daunte supporters (quit because of the recent fiasco)

IV. Former Daunte supporters (he no longer plays for the team)

V. Combo former Daunte supporters (recent fiasco + no longer on team)

VI. Non-Daunte supporters (rational, inconsistency, turnovers, etc.)

VII. Non-Daunte supporters (irrational loser status always)

Overlay that with the age range of fans we have on the site from ~12 yrs old to 60+ yrs and that layers another level of complexity on the issue.

Regardless of where you fall in the range, it is unlikely you are going to convince people to shuffle their position. They might over time, they might not. Who cares.

If I hurt anyone's feelings over the whole ordeal, I'm sorry. I'm just a fan like the rest of us are. The heated discussion just proves to me how deeply we all love the Vikings, regardless of our position on Daunte.
    I think that is probably a pretty accurate statement

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Trust me when I say there are select individuals going back and forth at each other. The Mod forums are full of examples to be discussed. These people more then likely know who they are.

I quoted Snow, because when he said the believers it made me think of the line drawn in the sand that is the only reason. Perhaps misplaced, intended to create peace.

One of them is me, and battle lines are as bogged down as WWI! People are in their trenches and are lobbing schells across dead mans land!

It still baffles me that the media is saying that this is the worse trade ever, but there was no takers for C-pep. The Dolphin's didn't really pursue until Brees was out of the picture, a QB that had major shoulder surgery and wanted 10 million a year! Denny Green the guy who drafted him, no interest! Linehan, not interest! Tice, no interest! Oakland Raiders, no interest! If this was the steal of the century? Why were more teams not out there bidding?

Question about his knee, his mental health, his attitude and for the Vikings that he did not want to play here!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast