Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Daunte Culpepper

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    MVP????? lol... you mean Daunte "Ain't nothing without Moss" Culpepper?

Come on guys. They only way he wins MVP is if he doesn't have Moss and still puts up the numbers. Compairing him to McNair is insane. And to Manning or Favre? He's not even in the same class. When he proves it WITHOUT Moss, then write about MVP. He will also need a Running game to counter him having to run all the time. Bennett? your kidding right?
    Duh, Culpepper's all-time QB rating is HIGHER than Favre's!

I guess you also believe that without Ahman Green last year, Brett Favre would have been a below average QB, and the Packers would have been lucky to go 4-12. Right???? Or without Reggie White, Antonio Freeman, and whoever the Packers had at RB, there is no way that Brett could have EVER led the Packers to two Super Bowls.

If you think Favre won three MVPs with absolutely no other talent around him, then you are an idiot.

And yes, thank you, Michael Bennett is a quite good NFL running back. The Vikings had the #4 rushing attack in the NFL last season (right behind the #3 Packers), and the Vikings led the NFL in rushing in 2002. If you don't believe the Vikings have a running game, you are in serious denial.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Daunte Culpepper

:roll: How informative purplepat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Daunte Culpepper

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I'd put my money on Moss of all Vikings to win MVP.
    I'd like to see Moss win the MVP too. Unfortunately, it may take 2,000 yards to do it. Receivers never seem to get the credit they deserve. I don't believe Rice took the MVP, even when he was 1,800+.

Of course, Moss may be able to reach 2,000 yards..., IF HE WANTS TO.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Daunte Culpepper

I'd just like to see someone on our team get it... even a rookie of the year would make me happy

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Daunte Culpepper

MVPs tend to go to winners, so the first key to getting any of your guys an MVP would be to make the playoffs and go far. Not trying to be a jerk, just stating facts. When Favre won the MVPs, he went to two SuperBowls and the second round of the playoffs in each of those years.

I don't think you have to win the whole thing, but you do have to go far to get the attention. Thus, my point...focus on winning, not on awards. They awards will come if you win.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

NEvikingsfan90 is offline Waterboy

Daunte Culpepper

well, I think Moss helps cully, but hes a great quarterback no matter the recievers, when he played for cfu, he almost beat the 1997 Nebraska Cornhuskers by himself, if it wasnt for the greatness of the 2nd half comeback at NU, they(CFU) woulda won. No player is great becuz of another, Cully, is perhaps, the best QB in the NFL, no matter his recievers, personnally, i like Moss's playing, but he, in turn, is a premadonna :rr:

Daunte Culpepper

Excuse me sir, but Moss IS Cully. If you look at some of Culpepper's throws, if it wasn't Randy Moss catching them they'd be very, very incomplete.

NEvikingsfan90 is offline Waterboy

Daunte Culpepper

excuse me, but Cully was a great QB b4, a good reciever just helps, without cully thered be No QB at Minnisota

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Daunte Culpepper

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    MVPs tend to go to winners, so the first key to getting any of your guys an MVP would be to make the playoffs and go far. Not trying to be a jerk, just stating facts. When Favre won the MVPs, he went to two SuperBowls and the second round of the playoffs in each of those years.

I don't think you have to win the whole thing, but you do have to go far to get the attention. Thus, my point...focus on winning, not on awards. They awards will come if you win.
    As usual, you've hit the nail on the head.

Don't forget, fellow Viking fans, that Randall Cunningham won the MVP in 1998. I think Tarkenton won it in 1975, and Alan Page won it in 1972 I believe (becoming the first defensive player ever to win MVP).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Daunte Culpepper

"buck" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Excuse me sir, but Moss IS Cully. If you look at some of Culpepper's throws, if it wasn't Randy Moss catching them they'd be very, very incomplete.

Until Daunte can: 1)Read the field, 2) see open receivers 3) do something
    other than choke in the red zone 4) hold on to the ball and most important.....be a leader on the offense and bring the team back when they are behind................he will be miles from an MVP.
    This man wins the prize.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast