Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daunte Bashers

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Daunte Bashers

Yeah i was a mini daunte basher at the most, i always worried about his come back ability (leadership). He has pretty much answered my question this year. But i have never chanted for the back up to come in and play for daunte. Every QB has growing pains, but its worth it in the end. One thing i admire Tice for is sticking with Pepp, giving him his confidence and making him the MAN.

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Daunte Bashers

McNabb is having a very good year, but remember last year, they were gonna throw him to the dogs. Unfortunately, things are clicking on all cylinders in Philly...unlike Minnesota. Daunte is a great QB, his stats this season alone confirm that, he just needs some help...I think we all get frustrated with mistakes, but if the game was perfect it wouldn't be much fun...I think

T-Bone is offline Rookie

Daunte Bashers

Daunte is finally comfortable with the offense. Couple years ago he would try to force the ball where it couldn't go, now he seems more willing to throw it away or take the sack. We have been behind in the games lately so he has to try and force a play more often. If our secondary would step up, I bet his sacks would be cut in half.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Daunte Bashers

All I can say is 70% completion. He has thrown to plenty of so called average receivers this year, especially since Moss has not been 100% for so long.

He is the real deal. I think DC has gotten the respect he deserves, but like someone else also said, the more you win the more you get talked about.

If a QB has a bad game here or there that is acceptable.

McNabb has had bad games, one was a loss and the others, they were still forutnate enough to win.

Oh and Tom Brady is such a great QB. We don't hear as much about him now that we are further away from the SB and the shine has worn off and there are better playing QBs out there right now.

Look at the numbers and do not listen to the propaganda from the media which is biased by Wins and Losses. The Stats don't lie.

Look at the stats and it show Manning is the best QB this year. Those numbers do not lie. Look at who is right there next to him and it will be none other than DC. But you look a little further and you also see McNabb.

To be honest, McNabb is having a great year also. He is 2 TDs behind DC and has a slightly better Passer Rating. He also has less INTs = 5 to DCs 10.

The thing I find disappointing is that DC had so much potential for this season being his defining season by coming out on top. Manning and DC were neck and neck with the TDs and then Moss got hurt and Manning caught on fire so that was that.

Manning Farve and Plummer are the only QBs to have been sacked 10 or less times. Where would they be if they were sacked 36 times.

It is all good.

Just think what DC could do in a timing pattern offense. 1,2,3,4 and throw it to this spot let your rcvr run under the ball.

sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Daunte Bashers

Culpepper is an outstanding QB. Even with Moss out, he still found his other receivers to make the plays. He has improved in looking at his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reads. He is making better decisions on throwing it away, running, or taking the sack if he can't find the open man. He has much better field presence and is the true leader of the team this year. It doesn't hurt that he has a cannon for an arm, either!

Peace through superior firepower!

Daunte Bashers

I am one for letting Culpepper call the shots and Tice to coach the team, sh!t the Vikes have a QB that can run throw AND DANCE what up folks not a fran the man yet but give him some time Dammmmm
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

Daunte Bashers

Dawn-tay,

nice to see you can signal "false start". Keep practicing. :rr:
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Daunte Bashers

"casper" wrote:
    I am one for letting Culpepper call the shots and Tice to coach the team, sh!t the Vikes have a QB that can run throw AND DANCE what up folks not a fran the man yet but give him some time Dammmmm
    Agreed! On all counts.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

BigDaddy is offline Waterboy

Daunte Bashers

I'll just say this about Culpepper. As a Bear fan, I always thought all this crap about him being so big and strong was all hype. I paid very close attention on Sunday and I gotta say, while I don't like the guy, he is a man and a half. I don't know how many times we were in his face or on top of him only to watch him escape. At first I was pissed at our defense for letting him get away but this guy is so freakin strong it's unbelievable.

Now, with regards to his QB abilities, I think the one thing that has helped him in the past is that he's had Randy Moss to throw at. When he was in his first year as starting QB, he was given alot more credit then he should have gotten. He had Moss, Carter and Robert Smith. Anyone could look good with those three, even Shane Matthews. But this guy has matured over the last couple years and this year being without Moss will help him even more. Unfortunately for the Vikings, I think they are too dependent on Moss. He's one of the best receivers to play the game but Culpepper won't necessarily become a better QB because of that. He's having a great year so he must be doin alot of things right.
    If you don t have anything nice to say about somebody, come sit by me.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Daunte Bashers

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    One thing I have noticed in daunte this year, is that he seems like he is starting to figure out how to be a leader. His leadership skills have grown a ton since last year. This is something the daunte bashers were harping on last year, but have not given him credit for this year.
    i was definitely one of the bashers last year or so. his skills are amazing. his mental preparation from then to now is 100% improvement. and that may have something to do with moss being out, not being able to be in DC's ear......."they cant stop me, GOLLY!!!!". this forcing DC to make the decision to LOOK for the open receiver instead of chucking up to moss and hoping for the best. i have watched him in the past give up a sure 15yd. completion to sasser to chuck it to moss and what happened? INT.
    so some people for a reason bash him, not because they dont think he CAN do it, its because he was not doing what he is supposed to. and for the record he is still not all the way there....he HAS been doing an amazing job with all the line in disarray but the leadership role he still needs to work on....and again not saying he cant...........rome wasnt built in a day, and neither are nfl QB's......some progress faster than others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast