Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte?

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Daunte?

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    I think Daunte's production is based a lot on coaching. Daunte is smart, and has fantastic instincts and reflexes. He's most productive when he can rely on his instincts and reflexes. Brian Billick recognized this and developed a system that was suited to Daunte's skills (his first 2 or 3 reads were always on the same side of the field). The coaching changed, and at first he was expected to be "a student of the game", and there goes the natural ability. This is not a cut on Daunte at all..., other than the fumbles I can watch him all day long! Under the right system Daunte can thrive and lead us to the Super Bowl. I think Linehan and Daunte now have a good working relationship and we can expect big things from him.
    Wait, Billick was coaching the Ravens that season, wasn't he?
    Yea, I'm pretty sure he was.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Daunte?

In their early days, both Bradshaw and especially Elway sucked. So Dante don't get a few years? LOL, I hope you remember your posts. =D. I made the mistake of that with Elway, man, did that get rammed down my throat. I Still hate the guy, and Coors too(fitting sponser). It just takes time, nbd. Back to the post, can we get to the BOWL! with Dante? Shhheeeshhh!!!! Anyone think Delhomme is better than Dante????? Or, bah, who was the Ravens quarterback that year? It takes a TEAM folks, is a team sport, go figure.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Daunte?

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    I think Daunte's production is based a lot on coaching. Daunte is smart, and has fantastic instincts and reflexes. He's most productive when he can rely on his instincts and reflexes. Brian Billick recognized this and developed a system that was suited to Daunte's skills (his first 2 or 3 reads were always on the same side of the field). The coaching changed, and at first he was expected to be "a student of the game", and there goes the natural ability. This is not a cut on Daunte at all..., other than the fumbles I can watch him all day long! Under the right system Daunte can thrive and lead us to the Super Bowl. I think Linehan and Daunte now have a good working relationship and we can expect big things from him.
    Wait, Billick was coaching the Ravens that season, wasn't he?
    You may be right Saucer, who was the offensive coordinator during Daunte's first year as a starter? He was responsible. It was a great system.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Daunte?

It was Billick.

Daunte?

I looked it up on VU. Sherman Lewis was the offensive coordinator for the 2000 and 2001 seasons. Linehan's been there ever since.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Daunte?

I'll say it again. Feel free to trade him to the Packers if he sucks so badly. We'd take him in a second, you'd regret it for the rest of his career.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Daunte?

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    It was Billick.

Wasn't Brian Billick gone by then? Yeah he was, because he was coaching the ravens to a super bowl win that year. We lost in the nfc championship game to the giants, who lost to billick's ravens in the super bowl. That was daunte's first year, 2000.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Daunte?

Another culpepper thread, what a surprise. I can't believe that Buck hasn't posted about how great Frerotte would be as our full-time starter.

No Culpepper isn't perfect, but he is improving, what more can we ask for?

Leadership is determined by how well your teamates respond to you. As far as I can tell, Culpepper is extremely liked by teamates and coaches.

He is one of the more physically gifted QBs in the league and one of the better overall players in the league, nuff said.

At least 20 of the other teams in the league would love to have him as the starter.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Daunte?

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Another culpepper thread, what a surprise. I can't believe that Buck hasn't posted about how great Frerotte would be as our full-time starter.

No Culpepper isn't perfect, but he is improving, what more can we ask for?

Leadership is determined by how well your teamates respond to you. As far as I can tell, Culpepper is extremely liked by teamates and coaches.

He is one of the more physically gifted QBs in the league and one of the better overall players in the league, nuff said.

At least 20 of the other teams in the league would love to have him as the starter.

Itallionstallion, I won't let you down. I'm simply going to phrase it
    like this: "We've seen the best Daunte has to offer". PLain
    and simple. He's physically gifted, but has no business
    taking snaps in the NFL. He's a big man with a highschool
    mentality. Not capable of winning the super bowl. Sorry.

Daunte?

Not worthy of being a starter...??? Most pro bowl players are more than worthy to start.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast