Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Daunte?

I have had an ongoing debate with fellow Vikings fans, Bears fans and Packer fans. I think Daunte will be able to bring us to the big BOWL and we will come out on top? Only a couple of my buddies (that are also Viking fans) and I think that Daunte can bring us to the promise land. However, my other buddies (whose opinions don't really matter much to me in this instance) think that Daunte will never be able to get over the hump, much like Donovan McNabb. What do you all think? I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed, I'm pretty new.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Daunte?

This is another bitch session waiting to happen.

I think he will eventually get us there. If he progress' more this off season, he will certainly have the talent around him.

Maybe this year, next year for sure!!!

sig courtesy of PPE

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Daunte?

Do a search on Daunte from the search link at the top of the page and you will read so much debate it will choke a horse.

Daunte?

OK thanks!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

howln4u is offline Rookie

Daunte?

I wish they would have brought a better teacher back up instead of the one they brought in. He did help is with great games and stats for the 4 games when Duante was hurt but Duante needs the mental part and any QB who headbutts the endzone and misses a game is not a tutor for a young QB.

His problem is all mental. He first used his raw ability, then he got hurt and stopped running. He then lost his security blanket (Carter) and the Moss Ratio got in his head. Last year he corrected the Forces and fumbles but didnt run until late in the year.

He needs to balance the raw instinct and the smart plays he made last year with throwing it out of bounds instead of sacks and not forcing passes. Hopefully he trusts the other receivers enough so he doesnt watch Moss the whole time.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Daunte?

ah screw it.
    DAUNTE WILL LEAD US TO A SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR!!! GUS WILL NOT START!
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Daunte?

"howln4u" wrote:
    Last year he corrected the Forces and fumbles but didnt run until late in the year.
    I have to disagree. Fumbles were a huge problem for him, even if they weren't the gargantuan problem from the year before. His fumbles probably cost us at least one game. I like Daunte, but that's a huge weakness for him. And I don't know who's telling him to punk out and run to the sidelines when there's only an 190 lb. CB in front of him, but that's gotta stop, too. Interceptions weren't a big problem this year, but it sometimes looked like he was being too careful. I really hope he can come through this year.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Daunte?

My opinion...Daunte is the best thing you have going, but like the other thread where someone said a QB doesn't win it all, the same is true here.

My opinion is that the Vikings don't simply have a lot of focus. I think your second-half collapse was evidence that the focus had gone.

Most of you know I pin the blame on Tice, and the mystique of Moss (the ratio, etc....pressure on Pepp to get him the ball).

If Tice can coach as well as he's drafted the past couple of years, I'll give you some hope on the big game. But, I haven't seen that ability to keep team focus. Awfully good at throwing chairs, though.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Daunte?

I realize that one player is not going to bring a team to a superbowl, but the quarterback position is one of the most important positions on the field (if not the most important) and I was just wondering about other people's thoughts on Daunte. I personally think that last year his game against the Raiders killed us (obviously) and his first pick of the year (I think it was against the giants and it sealed the victory for them) really hurt us. Hopefully we'll have a D this year for the whole year and not just the first 6 games. That should help out Daunte and co. too!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Daunte?

I think Daunte's production is based a lot on coaching. Daunte is smart, and has fantastic instincts and reflexes. He's most productive when he can rely on his instincts and reflexes. Brian Billick recognized this and developed a system that was suited to Daunte's skills (his first 2 or 3 reads were always on the same side of the field). The coaching changed, and at first he was expected to be "a student of the game", and there goes the natural ability. This is not a cut on Daunte at all..., other than the fumbles I can watch him all day long! Under the right system Daunte can thrive and lead us to the Super Bowl. I think Linehan and Daunte now have a good working relationship and we can expect big things from him.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast