Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daunte

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Daunte

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I do not see anything wrong with it.
    Yeah me either. I just think Tice was emotional about it too, and it really shows that Daunte cares.

gregair13 is online now Jersey Retired

i would have cried if my season, and probley career is over.
    We're bringing purple back.

Articnv is offline Coach

with the oline. i dont see how brad can real get it done. Hes weakness are lack of mobilty and a weak army now. With our line and a qb known for lead i see the season nto imrpoving. Daunte was the ehart and soul of the offense.
    It a shame to see him go. To me the shot to hsiknee was dirty and intenional.

I hope gets well and can coem back from this injury. If not i see us going into rebuild mode again

"Articnv" wrote:
    with the oline. i dont see how brad can real get it done. Hes weakness are lack of mobilty and a weak army now. With our line and a qb known for lead i see the season nto imrpoving. Daunte was the ehart and soul of the offense.
    It a shame to see him go. To me the shot to hsiknee was dirty and intenional.

I hope gets well and can coem back from this injury. If not i see us going into rebuild mode again (
    I completely agree! Daunte was already going down, there were two other people already tackling him! That Chris Gamble guy knew what he was doing when he tackled Daunte's leg and it honestly broke my heart to see
    Daunte clutch his leg! I couldnt believe it at first, whenever he ran I was like okay, okay, come on go down safely, but Sunday, when he came and tackled him like that, I knew it was over, if his knee hadnt already been bothering him, do you think this would have happened, even if the same tackling had been done?
    Get Your Roll On!!!!!
    I hate the moldy cheeseheads!

Del Rio Guest

The only thing good about his play was that by being in there he was able to improve and work on his game. As far as being a leader and leading our team and being great, I haven't seen any of that this year. We won twice against BAD teams.

We have had off the field problems all year long. We arguably had more talent then we have had in a long time, and we suck. I am not saying it is good he got hurt, but if he was going to get hurt this is probably a better season to do it in then one where we were making a run for something big.

Losing leaders hurts a little bit, more then likely it makes a hole for someone to step up and take on more responsibility. He played like crap this season so far, don't let your emotions for his injury cloud your perception of how good he was doing.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Someone made the coment that the team is focused around Daunte. This is my comment. "Patriots". I think the problems the Vikes are having (leave out the offensive line issues) is that they have done just that. They focus around one player to win or lose games. Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper etc. Look back to the greatest season ever. 15-1 and the whole team stepped up.

Brad Johnson didn't exactly have a horrible game Sunday. His first action with the Vikes since he left. I like the fact that the the QB will finally get rid of the ball quicker. Something I don't think Duante is capable of. He want to hold the ball too long.

Ok, so Brad isn't very mobile. But didn't he tie for the lead in rushes Sunday? Just kidding, but if the opposing defenses are going to pin back their ears and rush Brad, he is experienced enough to pick that apart. The key is how will our coaches step up? This may be asking alot, but if our line can give Brad a couple of seconds when the defense blitzes, he should find open receivers. 11 men, if one blitzs then someone should be open. Brad should find what Daunte isn't capable of.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The only thing good about his play was that by being in there he was able to improve and work on his game. As far as being a leader and leading our team and being great, I haven't seen any of that this year. We won twice against BAD teams.

We have had off the field problems all year long. We arguably had more talent then we have had in a long time, and we suck. I am not saying it is good he got hurt, but if he was going to get hurt this is probably a better season to do it in then one where we were making a run for something big.

Losing leaders hurts a little bit, more then likely it makes a hole for someone to step up and take on more responsibility. He played like crap this season so far, don't let your emotions for his injury cloud your perception of how good he was doing.
    From other threads, if the players don't believe in the coaching schemes, isn't that where the defeats start. Defeated before even getting ont he field. If that was the case, DC and the Vikes didn't have a chance.

Del Rio Guest

I agree with that.

I have been saying that all year. Nothing much has come out on it besides one hint that players were confused and frustrated. Until today with the AWill statements.

Now I can't argue or put any blame on any player, as my fears have been somewhat confirmed.

I agree 100% with you snow.

TATEone is offline Starter

No chance, but we really did have much working with him either though.
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123