Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daunte

Daunte

[size=18px]Hey everyone, I cannot believe what happened to us yesterday! Did I have a nightmare or is Daunte Culpepper really hurt? I know he has not been doing that great, but I honestly believe that if he had some veteran-or even 3 or 4 year old established receivers on the other end of the field that we would not be in this position. Although we won the game last week-that was a sweet victory-we lost this week, and now unless our backup quarterback is any good(he has won a superbowl, but with good receivers) we basically have no chance-or the little chance that we had with Daunte. This is a nightmare.[/size] :cry:
    Get Your Roll On!!!!!
    I hate the moldy cheeseheads!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Daunte

I think the O line is more of a problem than our receivers. With our QB being pressured so heavily, there is no chance for them to find an open receiver and make a play.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

mrviking28 is offline Starter

Thanks for the large bold letters. Now my Grandma can read this on her own without me reading it for her.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

M-Rob 8 yrs
    Taylor 6
    K-Rob 5
    Burleson 3
    T-Will - rookie

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

we have even a less of a chance without daunte than we did with him. he is the leader of this team. BJ is not good enough to make this team win. if he is out, our season is over.
    We're bringing purple back.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"culpeppers_vikes" wrote:
    [size=18px]Hey everyone, I cannot believe what happened to us yesterday! Did I have a nightmare or is Daunte Culpepper really hurt? I know he has not been doing that great, but I honestly believe that if he had some veteran-or even 3 or 4 year old established receivers on the other end of the field that we would not be in this position. Although we won the game last week-that was a sweet victory-we lost this week, and now unless our backup quarterback is any good(he has won a superbowl, but with good receivers) we basically have no chance-or the little chance that we had with Daunte. This is a nightmare.[/size] :cry:
    Our whole offense has been playing like 3- and 4-year olds! :cry:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Daunte was pretty much the heart and soul of our offense and our team. Everything is centered around him on the offensive side. I just don't think you can lose a guy like Daunte and bounce back. If the team were playing better, like if the D was doing well and the other aspects of the offense were playing well and we had a better record, then I could see us having a shot with Brad just being a caretaker (Trent Dilfer type) quarterback, but I don't think our team is good enough to do that.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree with WTP our o-line is more of an issue than our receivers. We have lots of problems and we did not need this one (daunte out) I like brad but doubt he can lead us to many/any W's. We will see. I hope daunte can come back soon.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Stop crying...(SLAP) This is football people get hurt. We need to make the adjustment stopping crying about somthing we have NO control over and focus on beating the LIONS.

We still have a shot at the Divison so let's hope Pep gets well but lets get behind our new starting QB BJohnson.

Welcome back BJ and good luck. Heck if anything this is something else to try and get back to our winning ways.

"MEN WE STAY THE COURSE"

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

i'm no dr, but look at how to came back after a broken leg. i'm sure a torn acl and broke bone are 2 completely different things, but then again, what if it's only a really, really badly sprained knee? if johnson can help this keep this teams head above the water and manage to make the playoffs, and win a game, maybe daunte can then take over? but then again, would we want to replace johnson in the playoffs if he had been doing well? i dunno, i'm rambling and thinking out loud. win or lose, i love the vikes, bleed purple, and this team will be alright, i'm looking forward to watching them this weekend against the lions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast