Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte??

6-KINGS Guest

Re: Daunte??

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I see it quite a bit, fair weather fans that can't stand to see a black quarterback. Don't act like racism doesn't exist, it does. No, not in the way that it used to, just that some people don't like to see black people succeed.

Although, America IS proggressing, one generation at a time. :wink:
    Yeap that is a sword that still cuts on every race.

But ya know it will never completely go away unfortunately.

People just love to hate.

Del Rio Guest

I see it quite a bit, fair weather fans that can't stand to see a black quarterback. Don't act like racism doesn't exist, it does. No, not in the way that it used to, just that some people don't like to see black people succeed.

That's pretty much a crock of shit.

My friend is Black, the guy that doesn't like Daunte. There are a lot of White QB's I don't like. People are just going to have to deal with the fact the everybody can't be in love with who you are.

It's not like if he met Daunte on the street he would be a dick or if he lived next door to the guy he would burn crosses on his yard or even treat him any different. He is a fan, his opinions about his team stay on the field so to say.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I would take Daunte over any other quarterback in the league right now. Including Peyton, Brady, McNabb and Happy Feet Vick. A few years back with all his turnovers was a different story. He's the primary reason the Vikings will continue to have a potent offense.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Ummm ya, it's all been said. That non-sense was being spread around by some unknowing rednecks in Minny .... that was right before i moved to FL and D.Pep had a rough season with the interceptions ... is "Crazy" People talk now ....

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:

That's pretty much a crock of pooh.

My friend is Black, the guy that doesn't like Daunte. There are a lot of White QB's I don't like. People are just going to have to deal with the fact the everybody can't be in love with who you are.

It's not like if he met Daunte on the street he would be a dick or if he lived next door to the guy he would burn crosses on his yard or even treat him any different. He is a fan, his opinions about his team stay on the field so to say.
    You said "pooh" , "my friend", and "love" in the same post. Ha, ha, I think that I'm on to you...

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Daunte is the man! It was hard to watch when he had those fumbles, but I never lost faith. I wouldn't trade him for anyone!

SKOL VIKINGS!

10 days til FOOTBALL!!!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Daunte = TD's, wins, superbowl???
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Del Rio Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:

You said "pooh" , "my friend", and "love" in the same post. Ha, ha, I think that I'm on to you...
    Taken in context:

Shit: You are full of it :grin:
    My friend: Yeah I have a few surprising I know.
    Love: Just because you are infatuated by Daunte doesn't mean every other person alive needs to worship the guy.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Taken in context:
    pooh: You are full of it :grin:
    My friend: Yeah I have a few surprising I know.
    Love: Just because you are infatuated by Daunte doesn't mean every other person alive needs to worship the guy.
    Where's the fun in that?

Del Rio Guest

Excellent point LOL! :grin:

Proceed :lol:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast