Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Darren Sharper will sign with the Vikings

"grpape" wrote:
    Why don't you want him? Is it the ego/$$/dropped balls/etc.? I just think that a TO/Burress combo would be pretty sweet. I just wanted to get your opinion.
    A lot of people say, "well TO worked out for you guys, why not?"

My thoughts? Because TO always worked his butt off. Big mouth, yes. Huge ego, yes. But he works like none other. He has a fire in him to win and plays as hard, if not harder, than anyone else on that field. The selfish TO? He put that baby to rest in the Super Bowl when he put his team in front of EVERYTHING, including himself.

Plaxico has a terrible work ethic. He's nonchalant, seems like he doesn't care about anything but the dollar sign. He's blown off mini-camp without calling his coach. The week of his combine, he blew off Andy Reid and the Eagles FO who were WAITING for him to meet with him, to go to an NBA game with Mateen Cleaves. He's a slacker. He's the kind of guy that will need a punch in the teeth to get going (I'd love to see Trotter give it to him too)...lol.

There is SUCH a difference between TO and Burress...and not just the fact that TO is a top 3 WR in the NFL right now. TO's attitude might turn people off, but the bottom line is, his teammates love him, he fires them up (was their biggest cheerleader when he was hurt) and he wants to win and plays hard. Gives ALL.

Burress just never has. And I'm not willing to risk seeing him HURT this team for possibility that he might help.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

good post PhillyGirl.

I don't know much about Burress and his work ethic but he seems like he is desperate to sign with someone now.

KY Vike is offline Starter

which is why we should draft mike williams
    2 Most Favorite Things:
    1) Minnesota Vikings
    2) Kentucky Basketball. Yeah Baby!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    Why don't you want him? Is it the ego/$$/dropped balls/etc.? I just think that a TO/Burress combo would be pretty sweet. I just wanted to get your opinion.
    A lot of people say, "well TO worked out for you guys, why not?"

My thoughts? Because TO always worked his butt off. Big mouth, yes. Huge ego, yes. But he works like none other. He has a fire in him to win and plays as hard, if not harder, than anyone else on that field. The selfish TO? He put that baby to rest in the Super Bowl when he put his team in front of EVERYTHING, including himself.

Plaxico has a terrible work ethic. He's nonchalant, seems like he doesn't care about anything but the dollar sign. He's blown off mini-camp without calling his coach. The week of his combine, he blew off Andy Reid and the Eagles FO who were WAITING for him to meet with him, to go to an NBA game with Mateen Cleaves. He's a slacker. He's the kind of guy that will need a punch in the teeth to get going (I'd love to see Trotter give it to him too)...lol.

There is SUCH a difference between TO and Burress...and not just the fact that TO is a top 3 WR in the NFL right now. TO's attitude might turn people off, but the bottom line is, his teammates love him, he fires them up (was their biggest cheerleader when he was hurt) and he wants to win and plays hard. Gives ALL.

Burress just never has. And I'm not willing to risk seeing him HURT this team for possibility that he might help.

I agree. The vikes just got rid of the best WR in football because he was a cancer to the team, I don't seriously think we would bring in an average WR with that attitude.

I don't think TO and burress would mesh very well.

Fat Len says Vikes and Burress are talking about a 6-year deal...and it could be done by the end of the weekend.

Purple Dragoon is offline Training Camp

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-vikings-sharper&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sharper is ours.

"Purple Dragoon" wrote:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-vikings-sharper&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sharper is ours.
    Posted already.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    Fat Len says Vikes and Burress are talking about a 6-year deal...and it could be done by the end of the weekend.

Yeah, that kind of sucks. I think burress will get 1000 yards in our offense, but I can't believe we would bring in another WR with an attitude. I think it might be like the TO/mcnabb situation last year. They were good friends and that helps. Daunte and burress are close and I think daunte has been pushing and pushing on the coaches to sign burress. If we do give him a 6 year deal, it will have a ton of incentives.

JohnnyBGoode is offline Rookie

well congrats vikes, you just picked up one horrible safety...now ur stuck with him for 4 years!! MUAhAHAHHAHAHAHA

JohnnyBGoode is offline Rookie

but i 4got, "there aint nobody sharper!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast