Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Sharper

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Darren Sharper

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    He had a stellar season, what more do you want from him?
    Even more interceptions next year.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Sharper had a great season and I expect more of the same from him next year however I think we should get rid of smoot or trade for him and sign B. williams to a long term deal.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i think williams is more of a zone cover guy and we should play smoot more in man cover.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikes" wrote:
    Sharper is a keeper.

Dump:Birk and Jimmy K (They got Old)
    I always have a problem when people post something without even checking.

Birk is 29
    Klein is 28

Now how in the hell are these guys old? Huh?

Peyton Manning is 29.
    I guess Indy should "dump" him since he is old.

Before you make such a ridiculous statement, how about you find out how old a player is?

:roll:

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Sharper is the man! He had an amazing season, they better hang on to him now.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

We got burned playing man coverage on Sunday night, we should continue to play the cover 2, which worked great throughout our win streak. Playing cover 2 also makes it hard for RB's to get out in the flats and make big plays on us like they did sunday. Using the cover 2 you allow B Will and Winfield to stay fairly close to the line of scrimage and shutting down those RB's an TE's out in the flats.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    Sharper is a keeper.

Dump:Birk and Jimmy K (They got Old)
    I always have a problem when people post something without even checking.

Birk is 29
    Klein is 28

Now how in the hell are these guys old? Huh?

Peyton Manning is 29.
    I guess Indy should "dump" him since he is old.

Before you make such a ridiculous statement, how about you find out how old a player is?

:roll:
    Here we go again with people looking at Real Age vs. NFL age. :roll:

The three-year career
    But unlike those if us who have to plan for 20 to 30 years in retirement, NFL players have to plan for more than half a century. On average, an NFL player's career lasts about three years. Although most players end up with others job, they rarely match their earnings from football

The average NFL career is less than 4 years.

Look at Birk and Jimmy K from an injury perceptive it does not look good.

Birk:
    The surgery, to repair a torn labrum in Birk's right hip, is the fourth procedure to which the seven-year veteran has been subjected over the past nine months. The three earlier operations were all to repair sports hernias. Birk believes the hip injury resulted from the sports hernias.
    (These are signs of wear and tear on a body)

Jimmy K:
    That's because Kleinsasser doesn't complain. Not about his knee, which needed to be surgically repaired after he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in the first game of last season; not about the groin pull he suffered two weeks ago at Green Bay; and certainly not about the fact he no longer is the tight end the Vikings look to in passing situations.

Kleinsasser wasn't a guy to make excuses before he was forced to miss the 2004 season and he isn't about to start now. Even getting him to admit that fully recovering from an ACL injury is a two-year process -- something acknowledged by many, including Kleinsasser's coach -- is hard work.

Once again signs of NFL aging.

Now Peyton Manning does not get hit on each and every play on offense. I mean look at Steve McNair would you say he is still young (32)? I would say he got old just like a fighter gets old. They slow down just a hair and are not as effective.

It was probaly my bad not saying NFL age vs Real age.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

All you said was "Dump:Birk and Jimmy K (They got Old)"

I totally disagree with the NFL Age thing how you described it. Plenty of players get a lot of contact and are even older, but they are still ticking strong.

Jonathon Ogden. He turns 32 in July. He has had his share of injuries. But, he is still really fricken good.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I totally disagree with the NFL Age thing how you described it. Plenty of players get a lot of contact and are even older, but they are still ticking strong.

Jonathon Ogden. He turns 32 in July. He has had his share of injuries. But, he is still really fricken good.
    Yes and I agree with you some players can play longer than others such as Brett Favre. However the average is less than 4 years. If I were a GM I would be worried by these serious injuries. I guess when I said they got old I was just making a short simple statement. I did not mean they are physically unable to preform at some level. I look at Jimmy K and Wiggins and go Wiggins is the future I would cut Jimmy K save some money and bring in another prospect. Birk kinda the samething maybe he is still worth keeping IMO.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

"Vikes" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Yes and I agree with you some players can play longer than others such as Brett Favre. However the average is less than 4 years. If I were a GM I would be worried by these serious injuries. I guess when I said they got old I was just making a short simple statement. I did not mean they are physically unable to preform at some level. I look at Jimmy K and Wiggins and go Wiggins is the future I would cut Jimmy K save some money and bring in another prospect. Birk kinda the samething maybe he is still worth keeping IMO.
    NFL average?

Both Jim and Matt are above average players.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast