Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Darren Bennett and Cortez have to go!

Tice anounced that they will not be trying out anybody for kickoff duty, he thinks that Cortez did a good job (what fucking game was that idiot watching?)!

I would be trying out punters and some to do kickoffs and both of those lame ass f*cks would be in the unemployment line!

I never ever thought I would say this in my life time, I miss Aaron Elling!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

vwo32 is offline Training Camp

There has got to be some CFL kicker and punter that we can pick up. Or some undrafted college player. I have never seen a college team with a worse kicking situation than what we have. Morten is decent, but he can't make anything past 42 yards. We are forced to go for it from the 30 yard line because he doesn't have the leg to get it there, he is 110 years old after all. If Cortez continues to stink it up then we might as well onside kick it. At least then we have a chance of getting the ball back, if we don't recover it then there really isn't any harm done because that is about where they are returning it to anyway.

Foreman44 is offline Starter

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Tice anounced that they will not be trying out anybody for kickoff duty, he thinks that Cortez did a good job (what fucking game was that idiot watching?)!

I would be trying out punters and some to do kickoffs and both of those lame ass f*cks would be in the unemployment line!
    Another case in point regarding Tice's misconceptions.
    They both suck ... period.

And what is Tice thinking by this observation about O Smith and Bennett:
    "... even though Onterrio didn't miss any practice time last week, I didn't think he looked as explosive as Mike did"

Without Onterrio Smith, you can kiss 2 of your wins this year goodbye and I thought Smith looked just fine at Lambeau even though he was underutilized. Not explosive compared to Bennett? :?

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

hell...there is a sophmore kicker at my high school who is playing football for the first time. very seldom does he not kick it to the 5 yard line.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

You see Berger this year. He is still kicking great for the Saints.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    I am very dissapointed in Benett he is a proven veteran punter and he has not played to potential. As for Cortez get rid of him. Morten Andresen can do just as well as Cortez has on kickoffs.
    I don't think they want him pulling a hammy or hurting his fragile leg on the Kick offs.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:

I never ever thought I would say this in my life time, I miss Aaron Elling!

Tice said that Cortez did fine on the last kick off and it was the coverage that sucked. He also justified his decision by saying that Cortez practiced better in the 2 day try out than the others. The question I have to ask is what were the names of the high school kids he beat out?

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Like I have been doing (screaming for Tice's head) there are several good kickers down under go get one. I am sure there is someone who can do kick off duty.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

uncle tony is offline Rookie

Amen to whoever started this subject. It takes every bit of strength Anderson has to clear a 40 yarder. How do you have a tryout for a kicker and come up with Cortez? His short kicks gave the packers great field position all day. Bennett just flat out blows. We need to lure Berger back with some snickers bars.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"uncle tony" wrote:
    Amen to whoever started this subject. It takes every bit of strength Anderson has to clear a 40 yarder. How do you have a tryout for a kicker and come up with Cortez? His short kicks gave the packers great field position all day. Bennett just flat out blows. We need to lure Berger back with some snickers bars.
    A little more of Red's money would have kept him here in the first place! That tightwad!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast