Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Darn- Lost Thigpen

Next time, send Tarvaris...

purplepete is offline Training Camp

I saw this guy get a chance in what.. 1 or 2 games this preseason. He looked very good in 1 of the games. So.... if we did not plan on giving him more of a chance why did we waste our draft pick on him? I am one puzzled person!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

no chance this guy ever starts a regular season nfl game so i dont see what everyone is getting upset about..the guy is a rookie from a nothing school that played in a nothing conference..the guy wouldve have been able to step in and play if we needed him to at any point this season..we clearly made a better choice keeping bollinger as the 3rd stringer seeing as how hes at least started in some nfl games and played half decent..not alot of teams in this league have 3rd stringers with experience
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

purplepete is offline Training Camp

I would put the farm on him starting an NFL
    game sometime.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Seriously man....enough of the Tarvaris hate. It isn't going to help so you might as well just stop. Even if he does a terrible job this year he will still probably be back next year so you might as well just get used to him and actually trying being more positive about him. You had better hope that he is our guy because otherwise the franchise could get set back years again.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Why?

Either you're racist and can't stand to see a black man QB the Vikings, or you have no faith in our coaching staff, Tarvaris, and the team in general.

T-Jack has shown me enough to want to keep him. Who would you want to keep if we send Tarvaris away? Brooks Bollinger?

Please.

"baumy300" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Why/

Either you're racist and can't stand to see a black man QB the Vikings, or you have no faith in our coaching staff, Tarvaris, and the team in general.

T-Jack has shown me enough to want to keep him. Who would you want to keep if we send Tarvaris away? Brooks Bollinger?

Please.
    Woww. Please enlighten me what he has shown you that is so good that he deserves a starting spot this year. Yes there is some sarcasism but there is also a lot of curiousity. Please do tell me what he has proven to you. Because he hasnt proven much to me except for mobility and a strong arm that underthrew Williamson by a good 5 yards against Dallas when he took a shot deep. And so far he has thrown less TD passes then Bollinger, Holcomb and even receiver Bobby Wade. Now I can tolerate it when you say that hes developing and crap like that so don t expect him to be good this year and crap but to say he's already proven or that he's shown you that he's got ehat it takes already just frustrates me incredibly and saying this does not make me a raciest and that is just one of the most moronic things you could have said to StillPurple and I must admit I have little faith in Childress. He didnt communicate with his players, he didnt have good play calling, and to me con he traded up to get this guy. But I like our coaching staff. Its just Chilly and Tarvaris Jackson that are sliding off the bubble with me. Im still waiting for them to change my mind. Until then Im liking Matt Ryan and Cower haha.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Why/

Please.
    Woww. Please enlighten me what he has shown you that is so good that he deserves a starting spot this year. Yes there is some sarcasism but there is also a lot of curiousity. Please do tell me what he has proven to you. Because he hasnt proven much to me except for mobility and a strong arm that underthrew Williamson by a good 5 yards against Dallas when he took a shot deep. And so far he has thrown less TD passes then Bollinger, Holcomb and even receiver Bobby Wade. Now I can tolerate it when you say that hes developing and crap like that so don t expect him to be good this year and crap but to say he's already proven or that he's shown you that he's got ehat it takes already just frustrates me incredibly and saying this does not make me a raciest and that is just one of the most moronic things you could have said to StillPurple and I must admit I have little faith in Childress. He didnt communicate with his players, he didnt have good play calling, and to me con he traded up to get this guy. But I like our coaching staff. Its just Chilly and Tarvaris Jackson that are sliding off the bubble with me. Im still waiting for them to change my mind. Until then Im liking Matt Ryan and Cower haha.
    He out played the other QBs on the team....

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"baumy300" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Why/

Please.
    And what reason/reasons has he shown you that he shouldn't make the team?

A lot of people have been jumping all over him before the season has even started, and it's for the stupidest reasons. I believe it's because of these reasons:

1. People just don't want to give him a fair shot.

2. People have no faith in him because he came from a small school or because he didn't light things up in his little bit of playing last year. As a rookie...

3. Because he's black. Don't laugh. I'm being serious. Not only in ND/MN is this an issue, but it is league wide. People don't have very much faith in black quarter backs. I remember when we got Cunningham how some idiots b*tched about not being able to do anything with a black QB. Look where that took us? 15-1. And same with Culpepper. People around here were upset because they thought a black QB couldn't get the job done in MN. Now it's happening with T-Jack. (At least with some people.) It's freaking sad, but we can't pretend it isn't an issue.

"baumy300" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Why/

Please.
    And what reason/reasons has he shown you that he shouldn't make the team?

A lot of people have been jumping all over him before the season has even started, and it's for the stupidest reasons. I believe it's because of these reasons:

1. People just don't want to give him a fair shot.

2. People have no faith in him because he came from a small school or because he didn't light things up in his little bit of playing last year. As a rookie...

3. Because he's black. Don't laugh. I'm being serious. Not only in ND/MN is this an issue, but it is league wide. People don't have very much faith in black quarter backs. I remember when we got Cunningham how some idiots b*tched about not being able to do anything with a black QB. Look where that took us? 15-1. And same with Culpepper. People around here were upset because they thought a black QB couldn't get the job done in MN. Now it's happening with T-Jack. (At least with some people.) It's freaking sad, but we can't pretend it isn't an issue.

I have never doubted a QB because he was black....just to make that clear.

Accusing a person of racism isn't exactly a lite thing....I would be carefull about that. I may not agree with PurpleHornsOfDestruction, but he hasn't said anything that would make me feel that his dislike of Jackson has anything to do with his race unless I missed something.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast