Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Darn- Lost Thigpen

I don't really understand why the Chiefs would want Thigpen but whatever it is still no real loss.
    I wonder who we released to put Garrett Mills on the active roster I know what the obvious choice could've been but is that the right one?
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah I would of liked to see thigpen on at least teh practice squad as well. But there are other QB's
    out there that could be picked up for the practice squad or as our #3 QB. Dorsey, Rattay I belive have been released that would make a descent #3 QB plus there is lways drew henson for the practice squad right?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"FuadFan" wrote:
    I don't really understand why the Chiefs would want Thigpen but whatever it is still no real loss.
    I wonder who we released to put Garrett Mills on the active roster I know what the obvious choice could've been but is that the right one?
    I think I know who you are refering to. But I'm not going to say the name!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I'm glad I didn't buy a Pigpen jersey.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

I'd rather have Spergeon Wynn than BB.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"FuadFan" wrote:
    To try to figure out our playbook before they play us....we have them scared

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I can't believe we didn't give him a chance

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"ArmsExchange" wrote:
    That bites and I think Chilly probably hates it every bit as much as the fans.
    They really had little choice though.
    Holcomb JUST came on.
    You can't go into the season with Tarvaris, Holcomb, and Thigpen because that gives you essentially one game ready QB.
    The fact they got Holcomb so late means he won't be ready to start until the 5th week at the earliest.
    If Tarvaris goes down in between you've essentially put yourself in a huge cluster f#@$ without BB and jeopardize your whole season.
    In spite of that, I would have taken the risk and cut BB, because I don't think he would have signed on elsewhere.
    BB may not be too eager to come running back for the Vikes in a pinch if something did happen, but that's life in the cutthroat NFL.
    Thigpen will still be on the bubble in KC...if they have to make an addition later he may find himself cut.
    Hopefully, if that happens we can say nice knowing ya, BB.
    If they need him too and i hope they dont they can start holcomb at any time.If you remeber he was in philly before being traded here in essentially the same offensive scheme.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    If he ends up on their practice squad we could still sign him if I'm remembering correctly. I doubt we would. But I would have let BB go as well. Holcumb looks ready to play today if needed. Even with limited plays Holcumb is far better than BB.
    I agree with you Jargo. With what I saw of Holcomb Thursday night, taking into consideration he just goy here & our vanilla playbook being what it is, I think he could start contributing right away.

Bollingers good play against the Cowboys is what saved his ass from being cut IMO.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I knew he would never clear waivers if we cut him. Damn.
    Well, I guess Childress has who he wants and now has got to go out and get some production out of them, which I expect.Damn

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast