DAO (Dumb Ass Offense)

Chilly's KAO is a myth like Santa and the tooth fairy

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: DAO (Dumb Ass Offense)

Ha. I've been saying it since day 1.
    None

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

I do have to say that I was disappointed that Shiancoe didn't get a couple more passes thrown his way as he was open a couple more times. Our O-line should be ashamed of themselves. There is absolutely no excuse of why we could not run or pass block the entire first half. If we are seriously a SB contending team, then we need to start playing it. It should start with a statement game in which we kick the Cowboys back to Arlington with a 38-3 win. Put them down like the dogs they are. We are not out of the year yet. Let's go Vikes!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

DAO or DAP?

I saw WR's open. Obviously the plays that they were created the mismatch it was intended to do.

I saw RB's gaining nice yardage. Obviously the plays were teh right ones.

I saw players, running deep routes instead of breaking them off, QB's locking onto 1 WR and not going to the 2nd or 3rdr read, I saw RB's missing blitz pickups, I saw dumb penalties being committed pre-snap. I saw RDE's getting manhandled by one guy, I saw DT's getting ate up....etc etc etc....

Blame the offense if you will, I blame the Players.....DUMB ASS PLAYERS (DAP).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jonj1 is offline Waterboy

The biggest problem is our QB. One has to understand Favre will be worse in December, the last two years he has.

He misses passes, misses open receivers. He is the second or third worst QB in the league.

It is going to be a long season with him.
    None

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    DAO or DAP?

I saw WR's open. Obviously the plays that they were created the mismatch it was intended to do.

I saw players, running deep routes instead of breaking them off, QB's locking onto 1 WR and not going to the 2nd or 3rdr read, I saw RB's missing blitz pickups, I saw dumb penalties being committed pre-snap. I saw RDE's getting manhandled by one guy, I saw DT's getting ate up....etc etc etc....

Man, Marrdro you jumped me a many a time for being on ADs jock, you need to come off of Chillys

Plain and simple the team looked ill prepared

a better coach would be in heaven with all the talent on this team....this is a dream team without leadership or at the very best scrambled leadership

I think BF is the leader of the off.... which to some extend would be fine But it should Be Coach not Qb that leads... Def I think is Fraz and they seem more disiplined then the Off
    Somebody better take reign of the entire team, because Zygi has gathered a great group of talent on 1 Pro Football team to be 1-4

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

soonerbornNbred wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    DAO or DAP?

Man, Marrdro you jumped me a many a time for being on ADs jock, you need to come off of Chillys

a better coach would be in heaven with all the talent on this team....this is a dream team without leadership or at the very best scrambled leadership

I think BF is the leader of the off.... which to some extend would be fine But it should Be Coach not Qb that leads... Def I think is Fraz and they seem more disiplined then the Off
    Somebody better take reign of the entire team, because Zygi has gathered a great group of talent on 1 Pro Football team to be 1-4
    Coaches coach, players play... leaders better be on the field, not on the sideline. I've never heard a player say the HC is the leader of the team... it's almost always the QB on Offense and a MLB or Safety on D.

As Chilly said at half time, the Jets didn't do anything the team wasn't prepared for... flat out, the players weren't executing. On one, AD and Load both went to block the same blitzer, AD couldn't adjust to pick up the other guy in time. On another, Tahi didn't look for a blitz from the left. I can gaurantee they've all been coached what to do, flat out they didn't execute. I'm POSITIVE they didn't coach Kleinsaucer to false start 3 times, or Harvin to cover up the TE, or for Moss to throw it to the QB instead of the WR or OB.

Penalty wise, we have been a strong team under Childress, last night the guys just weren't in it mentally. Blame the 45 minute delay, blame the weather, blame the coach if you want... but at the end of the day, these guys are professional football players paid to do a job on the field. The coach showed them what they needed, it's the players who need to actually do it.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

soonerbornNbred wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    DAO or DAP?

I don't think I've jumped you. Just talking ball. My apologies if it felt otherwise.

And I'm not giving the coaching staff a bye on this. I find alot of fault with the team preparedness, but all those bonehead plays can't be just contributed to something like the Offensive Scheme my friend.

Someone should make the right read (Presnap) and that just isn't getting done.

Clearly, this year, we have seen the WR's running deep routes when they should be breaking them off. That can fall two ways......1) The staff didn't show the team enough tape to see the trend so they make correct site reads ,or 2) The staff showed them and they are still getting confused.

On a side note, I am not sure who's responsibility it is on "Sight Reads". In most instances its the QB, but there are several teams out there that let thier WR's make sight read adjustments as well.

An excellent point my friend. I haven't had time to followup on it yet, however, I heard Mike and MIke talking about something "Mort" reported last night.

Seems, according to Mort, there is a contingent in the Locker room that wants the Noodle to sit.

Again, haven't followed up on it yet, but if that is going on, it might explain why the offense appears leaderless.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    I think its more like the Sasquatch or Loch Ness Monster. A myth, but some reported sightings sometime around last year.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    I think its more like the Sasquatch or Loch Ness Monster. A myth, but some reported sightings sometime around last year.
    Vikings had the 2nd highest scoring offense in the NFL last year, it wasn't a myth and it wasn't sometimes seen. As demonstrated last year, given strong QB play, the offense we're running is extremely effective.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast