Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Dante, Walks out on Press Confrence...

"Hooversham" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Oh hell I don't know. Have you ever been a part of a team? In order to maintain some sort of unity you try to deal with your issues among yourselves. If Daunte starts blabbing about Smoot well then that may keep you tuned but that isn't going to do much for the team now is it?

How are they feeding it? Well there is an investigation going on. The facts aren't clear. They report what they have in an attempt to stir the public into a frenzy to keep them tuned in. Daunte politely told them he wasn't talking about it he wanted to talk about football.

The best part is that there is still an investigation going on. So talking about it to appease some fans who are just totally disgusted by an act that went on is probably not wise. Especially since the act involved a few different people instead of just one.

Fox news, star tribune.........ratings. If they have the community feeling they could care less about ratings then they have a good thing going up there in po dunk.
    That's all fine and dandy. But is it not the job of the media to continue to gain facts that would clear the matter up. You can't argue that the media is pushing incomplete facts to boost ratings and to stir the pot and in the same breath complain about how the media is too pushy for facts from obvious sources.

Where have you been living the last 10 years? These days, the media has no "job" that they do for the community....I have a minor in Mass Communication and it is pretty evident that these days the media does everything for $$$. Deny it all you want, the media wants to sell more papers, ETC. That is what I have been taught by college professors and it is evident every time something controversial happens.

This isn't the 50's anymore, we don't need the media to investigate for us....the police do that.....and I would rather listen to a report from the police than a b/s source from a source account from the $$$ hungry media.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Del Rio Guest

The comparission is just that. The media is all over this because it is "dirty" you will tune in for it. You wouldn't stay tuned for any good news. So yes it gets inflated to prolong your enjoyment IMO. It gets twisted, it gets manipulated and people eat it up.

I don't know the facts I will be interested to see the report when it is done. I doubt they will be able to pin it on someone there were a lot of people there. Friends of players and players a like. I know there will be one person singled out because the public (the ones who care anyway) will practically demand it.

It would be like watching a soap opera with no ending. People would be pissed, they want justice Damn it!!! I have no doubt in my mind they will pin it on someone. I also know they wont be able to do shit to them but attatch a claim because no one will be doing jail time for this GUARANTEED right here folks. I would be surprised if there is even a fine. If there is it may fall on Smoot just because he signed some papers. He said she said is all this is and I know no one will be tagged for it other then slander to appease the upset people of minnesota.

I do not "hope" no one gets busted. I don't care about that. I know no one will be. If it is it will be Smoot because he signed the forms.

Hooversham is offline Starter

"audioghost" wrote:
    I, as a fan of the TEAM, could give a (you know what) less about the stupid sex party, for god sake, if the Vikings wanna have sex on a boat, let em' have sex on a boat, sounds pretty fun to me...too bad I'm not rich and can only afford to have sex on my bed....this is ridiculous, every week I tune in to see what the team has to say about the upcoming game....the media never gets anything out of players in these press conferences anyways....players aren't that stupid to start sounding off about a controversial issue....

By the way here's the link:
    http://kstp.dayport.com/viewer/viewerpage.php?Art_ID=163341

The media is being unfair here, I mean the Vikings hold these conferences to help them out in doing their jobs....the media is childish and they write for he general braindead idiot, I wish I could get a good story about the Vikings every once in a while instead of going from 20 whizzinator stories to 35 the Vikes can't win w/o Randy stories, to 20 stories about this....horrible....
    I'm really surprised by the apathy felt about this. It isn't jsut another Rich Person sex party. They, apparently, were scaring people and doing things that are, as far as I know, illegal. Please tell me that if you DID have the money, your sex parties would not include harrassing the crew and propositioning unwilling partners for sex for money.

As for whether the media is being "unfair" to the VIkings by reporting about all the indiscretions.............boo f*ckin' hoo. I say stop reporting on them, when the team stops doing stupid sh*t.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

6-KINGS Guest

"Hooversham" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    No the media's job is to keep you listening.
    It's the Star Tribune, not Fox News.
    Hahaha
    Yes the Star Tribune, the cornerstone of fair journalism.

Come on man, this is sex and it sells.

The Star Tribune is all hype just like the rest of print media.

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "Hooversham" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    No the media's job is to keep you listening.
    It's the Star Tribune, not Fox News.
    Hahaha
    Yes the Star Tribune, the cornerstone of fair journalism.

Come on man, this is sex and it sells.

The Star Tribune is all hype just like the rest of print media.
    At least somebody understands the "state of the media" these days

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Hooversham" wrote:
    Come on people. This isn't just some innocuous witch hunt. What would you think if your daughter was one of the poor girls on that boat when someone the size of a house told her that he wanted to pay her money to have sex with her? Hmmmmm, tone would be a little different I think.
    Not directed at you directly Hoover, but I am tired of all males, saying this from a protective perspective.

Wrong is wrong, when it is wrong. Wrong has nothing to do with age, race, gender, everyone, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!

It does in the perception of who was in power and who has it, but we don't need to use it as a discussion tool.

I want to hear one of the PPO women make a comment on this.

I defend my team and I will not judge them....the fact is, this stuff has been going on forever with Pro Athletes....not that it is OK, its just I don't care and I feel that if you do you are not as pure of a fan....I am a fan of the Minnesota Vikings FOOTBALL TEAM, not a personal friend of the players themselves.....in other words, it is unfair for anyone to judge until the police release the facts....not hearsay b/s

Del Rio Guest

Kevin Williams beats his wife and it gets about 10 seconds. People on here maybe read it twice.

VIKINGS SEX PARTY!!! VIKINGS GONE WILD!!!!

And all hell breaks lose....... Oh my God SEX shhhhhhhhhh....my children OH GOD my community........I don't want those pervs in my area, no stadium now, my kids can't wear the jerseys cause they may want to have sex parties too........

Oh hit a cop with your car NO PROBLEM wear that Moss jersey son. Oh beat your wife while your drunk.....A OK as long as you kept your clothes on wear that jersey, build that stadium, fly that flag in the front yard ma........

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Kevin Williams beats his wife and it gets about 10 seconds. People on here maybe read it twice.

VIKINGS SEX PARTY!!! VIKINGS GONE WILD!!!!

And all hell breaks lose....... Oh my God SEX shhhhhhhhhh....my children OH GOD my community........I don't want those pervs in my area, no stadium now, my kids can't wear the jerseys cause they may want to have sex parties too........

Oh hit a cop with your car NO PROBLEM wear that Moss jersey son. Oh beat your wife while your drunk.....A OK as long as you kept your clothes on wear that jersey, build that stadium, fly that flag in the front yard ma........
    So true...

We as humans are sexual beings...
    They didn't rape anyone, if they were doing something sexual, it was consensual....

As a fan, I don't need the media to tell me what is immoral...

Everybody wants to know the details....the truth is, it is none of your business....so nobody needs to say anything

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast