Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Dante, Walks out on Press Confrence...

Some people are making this out to be the worst thing that's ever happened...c'mon people/media. Was it poor judgement by some...yes, but is it worth all this attention? Unless it comes out that someone was held against their will, or there was sex with a minor or worse yet raped, they..whoever "they" is...are looking at a misdemeanor. I'm not saying that it's ok to do this....but does it mean that I'm going to not let my kids wear purple...heck no...it's my job as a parent to teach them right or wrong..not the Minnesota Vikings.
    Just for the record....a few years ago I went to a bachlor party on a house boat on the St. Croix river...there were strippers and YES they would "preform" for an additionial fee...some chose to partake...some did not. I myself did not...My point of this is that just because I was on this boat...doesn't mean that I did anything wrong...and until it comes out WHO did WHAT wrong....I think we should all just let go..it's NOT that big of a deal. I heard a radio station here in the cities (93X) say that because of this..the Vikings are SURE to lose this week in Chicago...that is a joke...they may very well lose...but I doubt that this will have any effect on the outcome of the game. IMO of course

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Hooversham" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    MORAL OF MY RANT: The media is childish, and unprofessional, and I hate the way they do business....its definetely 2005......
    You have GOT to be kidding me with this line. What is the job of the media? Quickly? I'll help you. Their job is to get information to the public through their respective means of conveying that information. Were they not doing their job here. Regardless of whether or not you believe it, the thing people in the area want to here about is NOT how the VIkings have prepared for the frickin' Bears. I mean, does that REALLY matter to people? No. What people care to hear about is why 20 people that they live amongst, and pay to watch play a game, are propositioning a boat cruise wait staff for sex and getting BJs from hookers on a boat IN TOWN!!. What are football players' jobs? It most certainly doesn't entail sex acts and prostitution, I'll guarantee that.

Blaming the media during a situation like this is ridiculous. Frankly, I'm torqued at how LITTLE media attention this has received. I want MORE details, becasue this issue actually effects me and the people that live in the metro area.
    Hoover, it isn't Daunte's job to answer those question though.

The hold up is the Law, the media needs to go there or to the people that are directly involved. Maybe they should actually do some reporting, investigating, like in Watergate, not just look for public comments from people that are not even involved and don't want to be involved.

Yes, the media is doing its job but it is the way they do it that is sad. I think that is where Audio was coming from. Correct me if I am wrong Audio.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

You know you're getting old when....

...this kind of crap bothers you. When I was 20, I'd be like, right on! Now it pisses me off when people speed down my street. Maybe it doesnt' have to do with age, but, having kids.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    You know you're getting old when....

...this kind of crap bothers you. When I was 20, I'd be like, right on! Now it pisses me off when people speed down my street. Maybe it doesnt' have to do with age, but, having kids.
    Both, part of Maturation.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I, as a fan of the TEAM, could give a (you know what) less about the stupid sex party, for god sake, if the Vikings wanna have sex on a boat, let em' have sex on a boat, sounds pretty fun to me...too bad I'm not rich and can only afford to have sex on my bed....this is ridiculous, every week I tune in to see what the team has to say about the upcoming game....the media never gets anything out of players in these press conferences anyways....players aren't that stupid to start sounding off about a controversial issue....

By the way here's the link:
    http://kstp.dayport.com/viewer/viewerpage.php?Art_ID=163341

The media is being unfair here, I mean the Vikings hold these conferences to help them out in doing their jobs....the media is childish and they write for he general braindead idiot, I wish I could get a good story about the Vikings every once in a while instead of going from 20 whizzinator stories to 35 the Vikes can't win w/o Randy stories, to 20 stories about this....horrible....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Hooversham is offline Starter

"Del Rio" wrote:

Oh hell I don't know. Have you ever been a part of a team? In order to maintain some sort of unity you try to deal with your issues among yourselves. If Daunte starts blabbing about Smoot well then that may keep you tuned but that isn't going to do much for the team now is it?

How are they feeding it? Well there is an investigation going on. The facts aren't clear. They report what they have in an attempt to stir the public into a frenzy to keep them tuned in. Daunte politely told them he wasn't talking about it he wanted to talk about football.

The best part is that there is still an investigation going on. So talking about it to appease some fans who are just totally disgusted by an act that went on is probably not wise. Especially since the act involved a few different people instead of just one.

Fox news, star tribune.........ratings. If they have the community feeling they could care less about ratings then they have a good thing going up there in po dunk.
    That's all fine and dandy. But is it not the job of the media to continue to gain facts that would clear the matter up. You can't argue that the media is pushing incomplete facts to boost ratings and to stir the pot and in the same breath complain about how the media is too pushy for facts from obvious sources. Also, why can't the Vikings media department or Community Service department try to clear some of this up. And I don't mean some metaphorical mumjo jumbo spewed by Mike Tice about "family" and his "concern". I mean have somenoe from the Vikings do a press conference and make a frickin' statement. Then you wouldn't have the damn press clamoring for facts from players like Daunte.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    There isn't a whole lot to gloss over here. There was a boat, people were getting BJs, the wait staff was being propositioned, and people were scared of the 300+ pound men getting their jollies on the boat deck.

Sounds about right. Where's the story about the 300 pound lineman helping kids learn how to read? How long would you stay tuned in to that? I would be very surprised if they can pin this on anyone. Although this whole trumped outrage will require a scapegoat for the bonfire. Of course you can't burn witches anymore....football players are fair game.
    I don't get the comparison. So now the news media should ONLY report on things that AREN'T inflamatory? I thought that this was their job.

And I think they WILL pin this on someone. There are witnesses, victims, testimony. What else do you think they need? Is it youru opinion that these people won't be held responsible or do you "hope" that this is the case? Just curious.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Hooversham" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    MORAL OF MY RANT: The media is childish, and unprofessional, and I hate the way they do business....its definetely 2005......
    You have GOT to be kidding me with this line. What is the job of the media? Quickly? I'll help you. Their job is to get information to the public through their respective means of conveying that information. Were they not doing their job here. Regardless of whether or not you believe it, the thing people in the area want to here about is NOT how the VIkings have prepared for the frickin' Bears. I mean, does that REALLY matter to people? No. What people care to hear about is why 20 people that they live amongst, and pay to watch play a game, are propositioning a boat cruise wait staff for sex and getting BJs from hookers on a boat IN TOWN!!. What are football players' jobs? It most certainly doesn't entail sex acts and prostitution, I'll guarantee that.

Blaming the media during a situation like this is ridiculous. Frankly, I'm torqued at how LITTLE media attention this has received. I want MORE details, becasue this issue actually effects me and the people that live in the metro area.

The hold up is the Law, the media needs to go there or to the people that are directly involved. Maybe they should actually do some reporting, investigating, like in Watergate, not just look for public comments from people that are not even involved and don't want to be involved.

Yes, the media is doing its job but it is the way they do it that is sad. I think that is where Audio was coming from. Correct me if I am wrong Audio.
    Nope, that pretty much covers it....you're not gonna "get the scoop" asking players in press conferences....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"bleedpurple27" wrote:
    Some people are making this out to be the worst thing that's ever happened...c'mon people/media. Was it poor judgement by some...yes, but is it worth all this attention? Unless it comes out that someone was held against their will, or there was sex with a minor or worse yet raped, they..whoever "they" is...are looking at a misdemeanor. I'm not saying that it's ok to do this....but does it mean that I'm going to not let my kids wear purple...heck no...it's my job as a parent to teach them right or wrong..not the Minnesota Vikings.
    Just for the record....a few years ago I went to a bachlor party on a house boat on the St. Croix river...there were strippers and YES they would "preform" for an additionial fee...some chose to partake...some did not. I myself did not...My point of this is that just because I was on this boat...doesn't mean that I did anything wrong...and until it comes out WHO did WHAT wrong....I think we should all just let go..it's NOT that big of a deal. I heard a radio station here in the cities (93X) say that because of this..the Vikings are SURE to lose this week in Chicago...that is a joke...they may very well lose...but I doubt that this will have any effect on the outcome of the game. IMO of course
    I'm sorry. You comparing your weekend bachelor party to this situation is quite different. Unless, of course, there was a wait staff comprised of teenagers and 20 somethings who were also being propositined for sex and made to endure your sexcapade. If so, then maybe you do shed some perspective.

Come on people. This isn't just some innocuous witch hunt. What would you think if your daughter was one of the poor girls on that boat when someone the size of a house told her that he wanted to pay her money to have sex with her? Hmmmmm, tone would be a little different I think.

"snowinapril" wrote:

I agree with you Snow, that the media doesn't necessarily need to asking Daunte these questions. And I'm not really saying that Daunte needs to answer them. But this has been brought about by the tight lipped Vikings executives. They haven't said anything. And Mike Tice's BS ramblings about how the players are his "family" doesn't cut it.

My original post was just my venting about the apathy some people feel about this situation and how saying the media is childish and irresponsible is completely ridiculous considering they weren't the ones getting laid on a boat by hookers.

That was totally awesome, he was polite, and kept his cool and then wrapped it up.

Anyone at that conference should have bee sports reporters getting sports info. Those reporters were antagonistic gossip hounds.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast