Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Dante, Walks out on Press Confrence...

Yeah well basically any of that would be better then this:

Guys gather round.....big daddy Tice wants to have a sit down.......*Tice pulls out a bowl of gummy bears* alright men, pass this around....Daunte I know you hate the green ones, so I pulled them out for you.

Lets be real ok men I love you guys, you are my family......*holding back tears* DAMN it I promised my self I wouldn't cry......*bites knuckle*......wheeeww man this is sooooo hard.......

I'm a little bit upset I wasn't invited on the boat guys........I mean I was there for you guys I am your friend........Mckinnie who was there at that crack hoes house with you doing lines of wassabi off her ass? Me that's who.....you guys.......I'm really dissapointed..........but I forgave you before it happened because to me you are like my children. The media thinks I'm a softy and by god I am because you guys inspire me.

Except Mewelde Moore you little Mother ******* I hate you. Your lucky Mike Bennett fumbled because the first chance I get your getting burried in the depth chart....I mean what do you expect, you have a fondoo party and you don't call coach T? You bastard........

I know you guys will get the job done.........lets go get it done.

Hooversham is offline Starter

"scott72" wrote:
    I am very surprised at the fact that some of you ( not all of you) are taking this so lightly. Let's forget for a second that I'm a Packer fan it has nothing to do with how I feel about the party. For the record, my 12 yr old son is a die hard Viking fan and has been for some time. He idolizes the team and the players. How do I explain this to him?

Some of you are saying, it's just a party, it happens, their athletes and this kind of stuff happens all the time, blah, blah. Come on people get real, these men are paid millions of dollars for our entertainment. In trade for that salary, they know that their personal lives are going to be in the public eye, especially when they do something dumb like this. Kids looking up to these guys are going to think that it's cool to have boat parties, proposition people for oral sex, etc. And don't tell me they did nothing wrong here. Albeit it is hearsay at this point, but the last time I checked, prostitution in MN was illegal so yes laws were broken.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like Packer players haven't screwed up before also. Chumura and his teenage rape, Green and his domestic problems. But what was different is we weren't commenting in our public forum how they did nothing wrong and how it's the media's fault for blowing it out of proportion. These guys were getting ripped on relentlessly about their poor decision making skills

My bottom line is this. These guys make more in a season than most of us will make in an entire lifetime. Show some respect to the public that pays your salary by being a law abiding citizen and giving our kids role models they can be proud of. Is that too much to ask??
    I was, and still am, amazed at the apathy shown by many of the Minnesota fans as well. To be fair, many of the patrons of this site simply want more facts before passing full judgment, and I can live with that. But Defending this type of behavior and going to the point of saying this is "No big deal" is detached and ridiculous.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Yeah well basically any of that would be better then this:

Guys gather round.....big daddy Tice wants to have a sit down.......*Tice pulls out a bowl of gummy bears* alright men, pass this around....Daunte I know you hate the green ones, so I pulled them out for you.

Lets be real ok men I love you guys, you are my family......*holding back tears* gol 'darnit it I promised my self I wouldn't cry......*bites knuckle*......wheeeww man this is sooooo hard.......

I'm a little bit upset I wasn't invited on the boat guys........I mean I was there for you guys I am your friend........Mckinnie who was there at that crack hoes house with you doing lines of wassabi off her jiggly butt? Me that's who.....you guys.......I'm really dissapointed..........but I forgave you before it happened because to me you are like my children. The media thinks I'm a softy and by god I am because you guys inspire me.

Except Mewelde Moore you little Mother ******* I hate you. Your lucky Mike Bennett fumbled because the first chance I get your getting burried in the depth chart....I mean what do you expect, you have a fondoo party and you don't call coach T? You bastard........

I know you guys will get the job done.........lets go get it done.
    You forgot "And if you guys play reawy reawy hawd........THERE"S SUPER BOWL TICKET FOR EVERYONE.............cheap!!

Del Rio Guest

"scott72" wrote:
    I am very surprised at the fact that some of you ( not all of you) are taking this so lightly. Let's forget for a second that I'm a Packer fan it has nothing to do with how I feel about the party. For the record, my 12 yr old son is a die hard Viking fan and has been for some time. He idolizes the team and the players. How do I explain this to him?

Some of you are saying, it's just a party, it happens, their athletes and this kind of stuff happens all the time, blah, blah. Come on people get real, these men are paid millions of dollars for our entertainment. In trade for that salary, they know that their personal lives are going to be in the public eye, especially when they do something dumb like this. Kids looking up to these guys are going to think that it's cool to have boat parties, proposition people for oral sex, etc. And don't tell me they did nothing wrong here. Albeit it is hearsay at this point, but the last time I checked, prostitution in MN was illegal so yes laws were broken.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like Packer players haven't screwed up before also. Chumura and his teenage rape, Green and his domestic problems. But what was different is we weren't commenting in our public forum how they did nothing wrong and how it's the media's fault for blowing it out of proportion. These guys were getting ripped on relentlessly about their poor decision making skills

My bottom line is this. These guys make more in a season than most of us will make in an entire lifetime. Show some respect to the public that pays your salary by being a law abiding citizen and giving our kids role models they can be proud of. Is that too much to ask??
    Let me help all you parents out that are having a hard time with this:

>Son lets talk. You know this whole thing with the Vikings......

>Yeah dad.

>Well son, we don't know the facts yet. Obviously we both know that type of behavior is not acceptable. I want you to know that while this was horrible, I just have to say it wasn't the whole team. The Vikings organization has been around since the early 1960's. They have a deep history and this very stupid event done by a few players shouldn't reflect on the entire team.

Of course that would take communication, that would put the ball in the parents court and actually require some effort. If parents are letting a football organization raise their kids through their example then I guess that's a bigger issue.

Again I reiterate. Who was having problems explaining to thier kids why KWill hit his wife? Why O. Smith has a fake dick in his bag and was suspended?

This is incredibly lame.

scott72 is offline Rookie

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "scott72" wrote:

>Yeah dad.

>Well son, we don't know the facts yet. Obviously we both know that type of behavior is not acceptable. I want you to know that while this was horrible, I just have to say it wasn't the whole team. The Vikings organization has been around since the early 1960's. They have a deep history and this very stupid event done by a few players shouldn't reflect on the entire team.

Of course that would take communication, that would put the ball in the parents court and actually require some effort. If parents are letting a football organization raise their kids through their example then I guess that's a bigger issue.

Again I reiterate. Who was having problems explaining to thier kids why KWill hit his wife? Why O. Smith has a fake slick willy in his bag and was suspended?

This is incredibly lame.

Del Rio, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you don't have kids. If you did, you would know that the whole innocent until proven guilty BS doesn't fly with kids. They see someone they look up to, put themselves in a position that kids don't understand.

Go ahead and knock my parenting skills and assume I don't communicate with my son about right and wrong if that makes you feel better about what the players did. :roll: And for the record, when O Smith got caught with the dope and k Will hit his wife, I also discussed this with my son. I don't pick and choose which incident to talk to him about, although I am getting tired of approaching him and saying, son, we have to talk again.. :roll:
    Go Pack go!!!

"Del Rio" wrote:

>Yeah dad.

Again I reiterate. Who was having problems explaining to thier kids why KWill hit his wife? Why O. Smith has a fake slick willy in his bag and was suspended?

This is incredibly lame.
    I'm sorry, but it's no more lame than that played out, "Athletes are not role models...Parents should control their children" counterargument.

Give me break. Apparently, parenting is so simple that sitting a child down and politely explaining that the indiscretions of professional athletes are not something that is "acceptable" followed by a fairy-tale scenic detour through the glamorous Vikings history, insures that things like this wouldn't be an issue for our informed children? Uh.....huh. Do we go out to the backyard, play a little catch in our vintage Fran Tarkenton and Carl Eller jersies and maybe get a little ice cream too? It's lala and impractical. What about the parents that have children who (GASP!!!) might not think their parents know anything at all. Or maybe those children who have already formed their own opinions regarding the players based on the treatment of athletes in the past. I know I didn't appreciate my parents' wisdom growing up. Does that mean that they just failed to keep me in line?

"Gee Dad, isn't life swell? Thanks for showing that while I can continue to cheer for the Vikings players during the week, I must not copy them for their personal lives are filled with consumption and excess, things of which I have no interest."

Yeah, that might happen on the Beave.

The truth is that it IS hard to try to explain away this riduculous dicotomy that professional athletes force upon family figureheads ALL THE TIME. That dicotomy is this: Why is it ok to cheer for these athletes during the game and hope and pray for their availablity come game day, but it is somehow NOT ok to emulate their behavior on a personal level? And remember, you're explaining this to a child, not some PHD level college grad.

Go ahead, continue to shift the burden of resopnsiblity from the players TO the media, the parents, and anyone else. But all this does is perpetuate the feeling by zillionair athletes that they are different and above the same scrutiny that the average member of society is subject to.

Del Rio Guest

I actually do have a son and a child on the way. I do believe you can communicate with them. I am also the oldest of 6 boys.

I do believe it is a bunch of shit what some of you guys are saying about this and your children, and if your kids buy into the hype and you feel they are going to feel the need to go have boat sex parties I would blame you rather then the Minnesota Vikings.

Of course I don't care how you choose to raise your kids, and I don't care if you like to pin blame on entire football teams off the actions of a few. I don't even care if you are surprised that this isn't as big as issue for a lot of fans. I just say it how I see it, just an opinion nothing more then that.

I don't remember you on here wiggling your finger at fans when K-Will was in trouble. Or O.Smith was in trouble thats all I was saying in regards to that.

I think this thread has run it's course and it's gotten so long and drawn out that people are forgetting what has previously been posted. And it's starting to get to be on a personal level. I saw we revisit it when charges are filed. OUT!!1

Cheers to all for the discussion though. ccasion5:

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

does anyone have a link to the video?

Go vikes!!

Del Rio Guest

*Edited out long winded rant*

Insert this:

Lets say you don't agree with Sean Penns political views in fact you find them offensive.

You don't want your kids being subjected to that, you don't want to have to talk to them about it.

It may be a good Idea to not watch Sean Penn movies. Not to fork out the cash flow.

An athlete that plays for a team you enjoy is a bad example for little timmy, last time I checked we as fans really can't say you are fired. So the biggest way you as an adult could make a difference and protect your family is stop promoting and contributing to the games/player until that player is gone.

That wont happen because that is too big a sacrifice to give up even though it is obviously tainting your child beyond your control. So support is needed to be gathered, the thing is there are more then enough people who could care less or who do not find it a big deal.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast