Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Dante, Walks out on Press Confrence...

And I say, good for Daunte.

I would have done the same.

I just watched the video on the KFAN site, and the media was drilling him with questions about the boat party.

Daunte kept saying, I will not comment on the subject.

Then he would say, if there are any questions about this upcoming weekends game with the Bears, I'll be glad to answer any questions about the game.

Then the media press would continue the boat questions...

Daunte repeated himself, and NOT ONE reporter would ask a question about the up coming game.
    So Daunte said, Thank You and left..

God I hate the media at times.....

We are still a team and we have a game ahead of us, doesn't that meen anything?

I guess not to the media..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Dante, Walks out on Press Confrence...

Most of the time, they just can't take the hint...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I understand the fact that the media is doing its job, but c'mon...that sounds like a bunch of little kids at the grocery store....remember the age old scenerio?-"Mom, can I have this new toy?" Mom:"No, you can't" Kid:"c'mon please?" and the kid goes on and on until it wins...however, the media can't win because Daunte can leave as a mother cannot leave her son

MORAL OF MY RANT: The media is childish, and unprofessional, and I hate the way they do business....its definetely 2005......

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"VikingNed" wrote:
    And I say, good for Daunte.

I would have done the same.

I just watched the video on the KFAN site, and the media was drilling him with questions about the boat party.

Daunte kept saying, I will not comment on the subject.

Then he would say, if there are any questions about this upcoming weekends game with the Bears, I'll be glad to answer any questions about the game.

Then the media press would continue the boat questions...

Daunte repeated himself, and NOT ONE reporter would ask a question about the up coming game.
    So Daunte said, Thank You and left..

God I hate the media at times.....

We are still a team and we have a game ahead of us, doesn't that meen anything?

I guess not to the media..
    you got a link. i hunted a little bit on KFAN and couldn't find it.
    if that is how it went down, then i definately don't have a problem with him walking out on the PC. man this season is getting way out of control and i bet the media is going to take it and run with it.

Thanks Josdin

Del Rio Guest

The media is feeding this. It's getting way more viewers then talking about a bad football team would. People are eating this shit up too. Pretty soon it's going to be all 50+ players and staff were on the boat.

Mike Tice threw the party and the ladies were actually the Vikings cheerleaders........STAY TUNED we are doing dna testing to find out who's the daddy of Mindy's baby!!!!!!

Hooversham is offline Starter

"audioghost" wrote:
    MORAL OF MY RANT: The media is childish, and unprofessional, and I hate the way they do business....its definetely 2005......
    You have GOT to be kidding me with this line. What is the job of the media? Quickly? I'll help you. Their job is to get information to the public through their respective means of conveying that information. Were they not doing their job here. Regardless of whether or not you believe it, the thing people in the area want to here about is NOT how the VIkings have prepared for the frickin' Bears. I mean, does that REALLY matter to people? No. What people care to hear about is why 20 people that they live amongst, and pay to watch play a game, are propositioning a boat cruise wait staff for sex and getting BJs from hookers on a boat IN TOWN!!. What are football players' jobs? It most certainly doesn't entail sex acts and prostitution, I'll guarantee that.

Blaming the media during a situation like this is ridiculous. Frankly, I'm torqued at how LITTLE media attention this has received. I want MORE details, becasue this issue actually effects me and the people that live in the metro area.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Del Rio Guest

No the media's job is to keep you listening.

Of course you want to know more, not because it effects YOU but because you eat that shit up.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The media is feeding this. It's getting way more viewers then talking about a bad football team would. People are eating this pooh up too. Pretty soon it's going to be all 50+ players and staff were on the boat.

Mike Tice threw the party and the ladies were actually the Vikings cheerleaders........STAY TUNED we are doing dna testing to find out who's the daddy of Mindy's baby!!!!!!
    How is the media feeding this? They're reporting what they know and they're not getting any clear answers from the team.......obviously.

There isn't a whole lot to gloss over here. There was a boat, people were getting BJs, the wait staff was being propositioned, and people were scared of the 300+ pound men getting their jollies on the boat deck.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    No the media's job is to keep you listening.
    It's the Star Tribune, not Fox News.

Del Rio Guest

"Hooversham" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    The media is feeding this. It's getting way more viewers then talking about a bad football team would. People are eating this pooh up too. Pretty soon it's going to be all 50+ players and staff were on the boat.

How is the media feeding this? They're reporting what they know and they're not getting any clear answers from the team.......obviously.

There isn't a whole lot to gloss over here. There was a boat, people were getting BJs, the wait staff was being propositioned, and people were scared of the 300+ pound men getting their jollies on the boat deck.
    Oh hell I don't know. Have you ever been a part of a team? In order to maintain some sort of unity you try to deal with your issues among yourselves. If Daunte starts blabbing about Smoot well then that may keep you tuned but that isn't going to do much for the team now is it?

How are they feeding it? Well there is an investigation going on. The facts aren't clear. They report what they have in an attempt to stir the public into a frenzy to keep them tuned in. Daunte politely told them he wasn't talking about it he wanted to talk about football.

The best part is that there is still an investigation going on. So talking about it to appease some fans who are just totally disgusted by an act that went on is probably not wise. Especially since the act involved a few different people instead of just one.

Fox news, star tribune.........ratings. If they have the community feeling they could care less about ratings then they have a good thing going up there in po dunk.

Sounds about right. Where's the story about the 300 pound lineman helping kids learn how to read? How long would you stay tuned in to that? I would be very surprised if they can pin this on anyone. Although this whole trumped outrage will require a scapegoat for the bonfire. Of course you can't burn witches anymore....football players are fair game.

SOMEONE has to pay though dammit this has effected my community. Now everytime I see a 300 pound man I picture him naked getting his engine primed.

Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast