Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dante vs TJack

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Dante vs TJack

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Unfortunately, you not only spelled his name wrong, but you also missed the point that we didn't give up on him, he quit us.

If memory serves, his inept Agent (Maybe thats the Dante you mean) tried to broker a deal for more money right after a major surgery without letting the team check up/rehab him.

Bad move by Daunte IMHO.
    Amen brother.
    And alleluia

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I can't believe I actually read the thread.
    No comment here.
    I've said all I need to say about the whole Culpepper thing.
    So has everyone else.
    LET IT REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Just think what we would have if we still had Culpepper and Moss! (Sarcasm off)
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    ;D
    we would have a dream team! and we would have peterson too!
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Unfortunately, you not only spelled his name wrong, but you also missed the point that we didn't give up on him, he quit us.

If memory serves, his inept Agent (Maybe thats the Dante you mean) tried to broker a deal for more money right after a major surgery without letting the team check up/rehab him.

Bad move by Daunte IMHO.
    I know it is water under the bridge but I'm pretty sure the Vikings traded daunte because he and chilli couldn't agree on where he should rehab during the offseason.
    I don't blame Daunte for asking for more money, he wasn't gonna get it, but I don't blame him.
    I am one who appreciates all great vikings for life, not just while they are with the team. Daunte played hard and I have many fond memories of him scoring TD's and breaking records, for that I am eternally grateful to Daunte and Moss.
    If in 5 or 6 years Peterson gets traded are you gonna turn on him too? I will not.
    I never turned on him.
    In fact you will very seldom see me ever say anything bad about a player (past or present).

I do not blame any player for wanting to get more.

I am only pointing out an error in what the original poster stated.

The way I understand it, the rehab issue was just that an issue. Our medical staff didn't believe he was rehabing correctly (Strip mall) and wanted him here.
    They also wanted to see what shape his knee was really in before they even started talking money.

If memory serves, Daunte is the one that started balking at that point.

As you said, water under the bridge.
    Good luck to Daunte and all the rest of the players and staff that used to be a member of this storied organization.

Sure wish some of the current staff and players had the support that some of our past have.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"BradTheMan14" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    ;D
    We would still have Mike Tice.
    :P

WWBGD

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"RK." wrote:
    "BradTheMan14" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    ;D

Tice is looking mighty golden now.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

Bad move by Daunte IMHO.
    No, if memory serves, his inept agent was trying to renegotiate his contract PRIOR to the 2005 season. There was even talk of him holding out. I can't recall if he held out & missed part of training camp or not.

Wilf threw him a check to prevent the holdout & promised Culpepper & his agent that they would talk about it after the season was over. That's the money/contract Culpepper went in for at the end of the season, but unfortunately, he not only had a bad season, but had undergone major surgery as well.

At the point, he had little going for him to merit the renegotiation.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"RK." wrote:
    "BradTheMan14" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    ;D
    Championship!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Bad move by Daunte IMHO.
    No, if memory serves, his inept agent was trying to renegotiate his contract PRIOR to the 2005 season. There was even talk of him holding out. I can't recall if he held out & missed part of training camp or not.

Wilf threw him a check to prevent the holdout & promised Culpepper & his agent that they would talk about it after the season was over. That's the money/contract Culpepper went in for at the end of the season, but unfortunately, he not only had a bad season, but had undergone major surgery as well.

At the point, he had little going for him to merit the renegotiation.
    Thanks for clarifying my friend, however, that was meant to be a joke centered on Daunte being his own agent.

I failed miserably, for that I apologize.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast