Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dan Mozes happy to be back

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I look foward to replacing Birk with one of our young guys wether thats Dan or Sullivan, both capable and versatle guys. When next year roles around somebody should be ready to step in and make an impact.
    They are? I haven't seen either one of them do jack pooh in a Vikings uniform. Have you?
    Dan Mozes was considered one of the best Centers if not the best in college football. He earned the Rimington Trophy awared to the best Center in college football. He fits our scheme very well, he's a very intense guy with a non stop motor and smarts. A little on the small side but I feel our strength and conditioning porgram will get him ready.

Sullivan himself was solid, the fact that we drafted him tells me he's a good player, Spielman and Childress don't do much fooling around. Sullivan earned very high praise from his college coach C.Wise. He's also very smart and has a tremendous attitude.

IMO when healthy and matured either one of these guys will be capable, but they have not played a down in the league this is true., but it doesn't mean they are not capable and both can play Gaurd.

I'm ready to see a new Center, I felt the year before we needed to do something about Center in the future after seeing Birks first season back. Now that he's decided not to show up for OTA's I feel he is kicking himself out the door quietly. IMO it will not be difficult for our franchise to find a replacement for Birk, a fresh attitude and new energy will be nice. Untill then I hope we can take some pressure off of Birk and the rest of OLine by becoming a more complete offense. Birk is the best option right now and I hope he has the best year of his carear and helps leed us to the SB.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I look foward to replacing Birk with one of our young guys wether thats Dan or Sullivan, both capable and versatle guys. When next year roles around somebody should be ready to step in and make an impact.
    They are? I haven't seen either one of them do jack pooh in a Vikings uniform. Have you?
    Dan Mozes was considered one of the best Centers if not the best in college football. He earned the Rimington Trophy awared to the best Center in college football. He fits our scheme very well, he's a very intense guy with a non stop motor and smarts. A little on the small side but I feel our strength and conditioning porgram will get him ready.

Sullivan himself was solid, the fact that we drafted him tells me he's a good player, Spielman and Childress don't do much fooling around. Sullivan earned very high praise from his college coach C.Wise. He's also very smart and has a tremendous attitude.

IMO when healthy and matured either one of these guys will be capable, but they have not played a down in the league this is true., but it doesn't mean they are not capable and both can play Gaurd.

I'm ready to see a new Center, I felt the year before we needed to do something about Center in the future after seeing Birks first season back. Now that he's decided not to show up for OTA's I feel he is kicking himself out the door quietly. IMO it will not be difficult for our franchise to find a replacement for Birk, a fresh attitude and new energy will be nice. Untill then I hope we can take some pressure off of Birk and the rest of OLine by becoming a more complete offense. Birk is the best option right now and I hope he has the best year of his carear and helps leed us to the SB.
    Here are some more pre-draft evaluations of Mozes to digest

Mozes left West Virginia as a senior and expected to be a second-day pick in the 2007 NFL Draft[5]. During the Senior Bowl, Mozes did fairly well. During the practicing, a botched snap occurred between himself and Troy Smith, but it was not determined who caused the botch. On the 23rd during practice, Mozes reportedly "cheap shotted" defensive tackle Amobi Okoye on the neck, while on January 25th, Mozes was said to have been "blown by" by Okoye. Mozes started the game for the North side at center.
    After the Senior Bowl, NFL Draft Countdown's Scott Wright reported that Mozes was the 9th prospect whose stock was slipping the most, saying "[He is a] Highly-decorated college player who lacks the physical tools for the next level."
    ESPN reported that Mozes was their #8 Center in the '07 class. His effort was a big positive, while they worried about his size against NFL defenders. He was compared to Colts' center Jeff Saturday. Athlon Sports reported that Mozes was their eighth center in the class as well. They said his good smarts and instincts were a positive, while he struggles to get movement off the ball.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Mozes left West Virginia as a senior and expected to be a second-day pick in the 2007 NFL Draft[5]. During the Senior Bowl, Mozes did fairly well. During the practicing, a botched snap occurred between himself and Troy Smith, but it was not determined who caused the botch. On the 23rd during practice, Mozes reportedly "cheap shotted" defensive tackle Amobi Okoye on the neck, while on January 25th, Mozes was said to have been "blown by" by Okoye. Mozes started the game for the North side at center.
    After the Senior Bowl, NFL Draft Countdown's Scott Wright reported that Mozes was the 9th prospect whose stock was slipping the most, saying "[He is a] Highly-decorated college player who lacks the physical tools for the next level."
    ESPN reported that Mozes was their #8 Center in the '07 class. His effort was a big positive, while they worried about his size against NFL defenders. He was compared to Colts' center Jeff Saturday. Athlon Sports reported that Mozes was their eighth center in the class as well. They said his good smarts and instincts were a positive, while he struggles to get movement off the ball.
    I was surprised to hear them say he was did fairly well, I read he did very poor at the senior bowl. I wouldn't worry to much about botched snaps between two players unfarmilar with each other. Okoye is very good football player, very strong and quick I can understand the difficulties. IMO the physical tools can be developed I would be more worried about the mental tools.

I'm not hear to make Dan Mozes an All Pro center, although it is possible he could become one. I did feel at one time he would be our future center but we made a wise disision drafting a very stout Sullivan in the 6th round. Mozes got the snaps in the OTA's but only because John was a rookie. Mozes may not even make the team, he blew his knee out last year and its difficult to keep 3 Centers unless they consider him or Sullivan a Gaurd.

I would like to see both make it on the team, in the event Birk does not return next year we got two guys to compete for the job, one to be starter and one to be backup.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

I was surprised to hear them say he was did fairly well, I read he did very poor at the senior bowl. I wouldn't worry to much about botched snaps between two players unfarmilar with each other. Okoye is very good football player, very strong and quick I can understand the difficulties. IMO the physical tools can be developed I would be more worried about the mental tools.

I'm not hear to make Dan Mozes an All Pro center, although it is possible he could become one. I did feel at one time he would be our future center but we made a wise disision drafting a very stout Sullivan in the 6th round. Mozes got the snaps in the OTA's but only because John was a rookie. Mozes may not even make the team, he blew his knee out last year and its difficult to keep 3 Centers unless they consider him or Sullivan a Gaurd.

I would like to see both make it on the team, in the event Birk does not return next year we got two guys to compete for the job, one to be starter and one to be backup.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Mozes can add depth to the team. In fact, I am thinking that he would be a good backup to Hutch and Hererra. IMHO Sullivan will be the C of the future and will find a spot backing up Birk but I could be wrong. I will enjoy watching Sullivan work into the roster and he could also possibly be a guard.

Sullivanwas a 3 time state wrestling champ with a 138-6 record at heavyweight. That tells me he is going to be great on his feet, be aggressive and have great coordination which is really going to help him against defenders as they fight for leverage.Yee Haw ;D

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

I had always thought Mozes waas considered a C/G could back up both positions. He is one of 3 OL that we realy don't know a whole lot about as far as "what we have" the other being Brian Daniels and Chase Johnson

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=45193.msg783581#msg783581 date=1211665499]

Don't get me wrong, I think Mozes can add depth to the team. In fact, I am thinking that he would be a good backup to Hutch and Hererra. IMHO Sullivan will be the C of the future and will find a spot backing up Birk but I could be wrong. I will enjoy watching Sullivan work into the roster and he could also possibly be a guard.

Sullivanwas a 3 time state wrestling champ with a 138-6 record at heavyweight. That tells me he is going to be great on his feet, be aggressive and have great coordination which is really going to help him against defenders as they fight for leverage.Yee Haw ;D
    [/quote]

Good research I had no idea he was a Wrestler, those are impressive numbers. We got alot of guys like that on the team, Childress prefers multi sport talents.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Thats the key for me next year.

Mozes will be going on his 3rd year and John will be going on his second.
    Both are two position players and have potential.

As to all the scouting stuff.
    Probably why they were undrafted/6th round picks.
    If they didn't have all that baggage (all coachable by the way) they would have gone higher. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

If they didn't have all that baggage (all coachable by the way) they would have gone higher. ;D
    What? No love for Tim Mattran?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

What? No love for Tim Mattran?
    It comes down to numbers.
    Even though I want them to keep everybody they will only keep 8 OL on the active roster.
    If Hicks stays (damnit) then Mozes or Sullivan will be sent to the practice squad.

When you start looking at other players such as Jaymar and a couple from last year, that roster gets filled pretty quick as well.

Even though I don't discount anything at this point, my assumption is he won't even get any consideration at this poit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12